• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'd pretty much just point to the encylospeedia's scans, for that even if it wasn't obvious with the dialogue between tails and amy about individuals' dreams being experienced separate and them each having spawn separate worlds into existing there (since illumina goes into each one) via when they'd merely fall asleep and each have a sleeping dream, it talks about how the 4 worlds in shuffle we visited spawned with crediting only one of the 4 main individuals each via their own aspirations/dreams/wishes.

Last edited:
Taking into context all of what is happening and considering that even Ian decided to not answer on behalf of what Iizuka said about creating a "shared universe" with the games, IDW and Sonic Prime, what are people here expecting from such a merge? Like, any interesting things from IDW that want to see more in games if that ends up being confirmed on future projects?
This actually spurs my prediction as to how the merge happens; They are absolutely going to create a "shared universe" due to what happens within Sonic Prime.

"But Shake", you might be saying, "how in the hell is a Sonic TV show gonna impact the long-running nature of a canon over 30 years in the making?" Easy. Because Prime may just retcon it.

Think about it, what were we told about Prime before we ever even saw footage from it? Sonic Central of 2021, in May, by Joe Kelley:
"Sonic will be thrusted into a high-speed adventure, through the strange and mysterious Shatterverse. It's up to Sonic to save the universe and along the way experience moments of self-discovery and redemption." Why is that important? Because it's all Sonic's fault. This point of the trailer and onwards makes that very clear. That rainbow crystal Eggman is holding, what do we see almost happen to it? That's right, Sonic charging head-first into it.

"He'll shatter your world" is very literal, and him breaking the crystal is what does it. So if Sonic is gonna win (like we all know he will), and if he really does restore this "Shatterverse"... Well, there may be unintended consequences. (Psst, that's the merge!)

Last edited:
Does it specifically say it was only their aspiration, or a generic dream that created the world.
Yeah, and plus the official japanese shuffle website references as a singularity for a single world as for their creation too. I think with using plurals for Lumina's terminology, it would just refer to individuals who'd be within that mindset/aspiration as a categorical thing, rather than it being a group effort thing done by individuals.

Last edited:
"But Shake", you might be saying, "how in the hell is a Sonic TV show gonna impact the long-running nature of a canon over 30 years in the making?" Easy. Because Prime may just retcon it.
Considering that they are retconning the series with short youtube videos, doing that with a Netflix Series would at least increase the scale

I don't know if this sounds stupid or not but how do we know that the "stars" in the Sonic Colours speed feat with the Mother Wisp are actually stars and not energy coming from the celestial body in the background?

I don't know if this sounds stupid or not but how do we know that the "stars" in the Sonic Colours speed feat with the Mother Wisp are actually stars and not energy coming from the celestial body in the background?
The star designs and star colors are reused in the boss fight ending sequence when they stopped flying, like with a certain other feat. And there aren't stagnant stars staying in place in the sky as they fly forward unlike the ending sequence, so yeah, easy enough to discern via that.

Last edited:
Spoiler tag ig for those who don't wanna see frontiers stuff until release
This is easily some of the fastest open world gameplay and shit is it fast

FINALLY.
Ever since day one, I always felt like the game was going to be a bit slow but thankfully it's going to be pretty fast which is great because who doesn't want to go fast as Sonic in an open world game?

Admittedly I haven't kept up much with Frontiers so this would be the first time I've heard this.
Still it is a relief, again it's pretty nuts that Sonic Frontiers has gone through such a 180 in the last couple months since its initial underwhelming reveal

I wonder if they are going to have Sonic to keep the new abilities or they are going to set the reset button after the game ends.
My belief is that the positive reception to what the fans enjoy in the game influences what stays and what goes. The combat system is one of the things that people seem to nigh-unanimously agree on being amazing as far as we can tell, it'd be a shame to not delve into that farther when it's generated so much hype.

Yeah for me the assumption is that they'd try and dive deeper into this continuing onwards since they want to do couple more open area type frontier games and then want to use the experience they get from those to incorporate it into a remake of the Sonic adventure series which they've already expressed that they want to do post a few frontiers style games

They did express that this was gonna change Sonic going forward.

And TBF, it doesn't seem that any of the new abilities are Cyberspace exclusive stuff, more like new moves Sonic developed like always.

I tried scouring the Internet and manuals and couldn’t find it.
I’d assume it’s like 5-10 but idk.

Edit: It is 5, jeez that was annoying to find.

Last edited:
So no one saw my previous post?
Was at work when you sent it but I'm not sure it seems he was transformed to me with them mistaking what they saw when the emeralds blasted him

That's all I can say without further context

So Classic Sonic from Generations was retconned from being Modern Sonic's past to a Sonic from an alternate dimension right?

So Classic Sonic from Generations was retconned from being Modern Sonic's past to a Sonic from an alternate dimension right?
I'm pretty sure it's explained that Classic Sonic from Mania/Forces became an alternate universe version of Modern after Time Eater changed the timeline in generations. Before that they were the same characters

I recently played through Generations and I don't remember something like that since even at the end they still paint Classic Sonic as being Modern Sonic's past self, though I could be wrong in that regard

Back