• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ian kinda sorta admitted that both Archie & Sega Sonic are universal if you cherry-pick enough,he didn't even mention Chaos Emeralds, either.
Interesting to think that Ian's constant exposure to a large part of the powerscaling section of the Sonic fandom via Bumblekast has actually seemed to have challenged his views on Sonic's power. Do you think it was more of a handwave concession?
Nature is healing.
Maybe we're still heading towards the Good Ending after all

Interesting to think that Ian's constant exposure to a large part of the powerscaling section of the Sonic fandom via Bumblekast has actually seemed to have challenged his views on Sonic's power. Do you think it was more of a handwave concession?

I don’t get it.

It's probably a bit of both. He's tired of seeing pushback on this subject,but also might actually see a bit of merit in it all.

After hundreds upon hundreds of episodes........it is inevitable that he says things differently, i think it is purely a result of several questions being asked in certain ways more than anything

We're eating good with Sonic x Shadow Generations, fellas.

Also as a heads up if any of y'all are interested: I decided to make a lofty investment and preordered the deluxe edition of SxS Generations, so I might share some interesting things that I find in game. But I will have it marked under spoiler tags so, if you don't want to be spoiled for the few days prior to its official release, I've got your backs.

We're eating good with Sonic x Shadow Generations, fellas.

Also as a heads up if any of y'all are interested: I decided to make a lofty investment and preordered the deluxe edition of SxS Generations, so I might share some interesting things that I find in game. But I will have it marked under spoiler tags so, if you don't want to be spoiled for the few days prior to its official release, I've got your backs.
make a recording of the full game and post all of it here under the spoiler tag
.......I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE

Sonic Question Time (I wanted to do one of these if y’all don’t mind): What is your biggest villain-related hot take?

Mine is that Zavok is actually a neat villain. Blasphemous I know. While people rightfully sing praises about how he was improved in IDW, I feel even Zavok in Lost World is better than people give him credit for. That’s not to say he’s this god-tier villain in Lost World or anything close to that, but he’s still cooler to me than basically everyone else thinks he is. That being said, IDW Zavok is still definitely an improvement.

(Sorry for not being able to properly articulate why I actually think he’s cool. I tried, but I’ve never been great with putting my thoughts down into words so I eventually gave up)

Sonic Question Time (I wanted to do one of these if y’all don’t mind): What is your biggest villain-related hot take?

Mine is that Zavok is actually a neat villain. Blasphemous I know. While people rightfully sing praises about how he was improved in IDW, I feel even Zavok in Lost World is better than people give him credit for. That’s not to say he’s this god-tier villain in Lost World or anything close to that, but he’s still cooler to me than basically everyone else thinks he is. That being said, IDW Zavok is still definitely an improvement.

(Sorry for not being able to properly articulate why I actually think he’s cool. I tried, but I’ve never been great with putting my thoughts down into words so I eventually gave up)
It's more powerscaling related but outside of Sonic, no character is actually capable of beating Eggman by themselves and Forces wasn't wrong with showing the world going to shit without him. Only Sonic can truly beat Eggman.

I do not like Eggman's design. I want the entire cast to be redesigned, and, I could go into this as a full topic on its own, but I don't like how Eggman looks. It's more so his proportions. He isn't a satisfying design to me. It doesn't help that, in comparison Maria and Gerald look like they're in a different artstyle (I do like how those two look). This is a core problem with the character design of the cast, but Eggman's design feels like it's from a different time of the franchise in a way that I don't think works, for me.

Edit: If I do talk more in depth about Sonic character design, I would also bring up Clutch as an example of "I want these characters to look different".

Back