• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ian kinda sorta admitted that both Archie & Sega Sonic are universal if you cherry-pick enough,he didn't even mention Chaos Emeralds, either.
Interesting to think that Ian's constant exposure to a large part of the powerscaling section of the Sonic fandom via Bumblekast has actually seemed to have challenged his views on Sonic's power. Do you think it was more of a handwave concession?
Nature is healing.
Maybe we're still heading towards the Good Ending after all

Interesting to think that Ian's constant exposure to a large part of the powerscaling section of the Sonic fandom via Bumblekast has actually seemed to have challenged his views on Sonic's power. Do you think it was more of a handwave concession?

I don’t get it.

It's probably a bit of both. He's tired of seeing pushback on this subject,but also might actually see a bit of merit in it all.

After hundreds upon hundreds of episodes........it is inevitable that he says things differently, i think it is purely a result of several questions being asked in certain ways more than anything

We're eating good with Sonic x Shadow Generations, fellas.

Also as a heads up if any of y'all are interested: I decided to make a lofty investment and preordered the deluxe edition of SxS Generations, so I might share some interesting things that I find in game. But I will have it marked under spoiler tags so, if you don't want to be spoiled for the few days prior to its official release, I've got your backs.

We're eating good with Sonic x Shadow Generations, fellas.

Also as a heads up if any of y'all are interested: I decided to make a lofty investment and preordered the deluxe edition of SxS Generations, so I might share some interesting things that I find in game. But I will have it marked under spoiler tags so, if you don't want to be spoiled for the few days prior to its official release, I've got your backs.
make a recording of the full game and post all of it here under the spoiler tag
.......I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE

Sonic Question Time (I wanted to do one of these if y’all don’t mind): What is your biggest villain-related hot take?

Mine is that Zavok is actually a neat villain. Blasphemous I know. While people rightfully sing praises about how he was improved in IDW, I feel even Zavok in Lost World is better than people give him credit for. That’s not to say he’s this god-tier villain in Lost World or anything close to that, but he’s still cooler to me than basically everyone else thinks he is. That being said, IDW Zavok is still definitely an improvement.

(Sorry for not being able to properly articulate why I actually think he’s cool. I tried, but I’ve never been great with putting my thoughts down into words so I eventually gave up)

Sonic Question Time (I wanted to do one of these if y’all don’t mind): What is your biggest villain-related hot take?

Mine is that Zavok is actually a neat villain. Blasphemous I know. While people rightfully sing praises about how he was improved in IDW, I feel even Zavok in Lost World is better than people give him credit for. That’s not to say he’s this god-tier villain in Lost World or anything close to that, but he’s still cooler to me than basically everyone else thinks he is. That being said, IDW Zavok is still definitely an improvement.

(Sorry for not being able to properly articulate why I actually think he’s cool. I tried, but I’ve never been great with putting my thoughts down into words so I eventually gave up)
It's more powerscaling related but outside of Sonic, no character is actually capable of beating Eggman by themselves and Forces wasn't wrong with showing the world going to shit without him. Only Sonic can truly beat Eggman.

I do not like Eggman's design. I want the entire cast to be redesigned, and, I could go into this as a full topic on its own, but I don't like how Eggman looks. It's more so his proportions. He isn't a satisfying design to me. It doesn't help that, in comparison Maria and Gerald look like they're in a different artstyle (I do like how those two look). This is a core problem with the character design of the cast, but Eggman's design feels like it's from a different time of the franchise in a way that I don't think works, for me.

Edit: If I do talk more in depth about Sonic character design, I would also bring up Clutch as an example of "I want these characters to look different", and how I feel the cast suffers from "must be like sonic".

Last edited:
Kek. That would be a genuine funny win-con. Although the Egg Field can already rewrite memories.
The Egg Field's memory manipulation can be overwritten via Bowser's bond with his troops, just as Sonic did with his friends in Otherworldly Comedy. Brain hacking is actually a bit more reliable, especially since Bowser's memory is so faulty that he got amnesia on several occasions just from getting bonked on thr head.

The Egg Field's memory manipulation can be overwritten via Bowser's bond with his troops, just as Sonic did with his friends in Otherworldly Comedy.
Uh, the Chaos Emeralds retained the presence of Sonic's friends in the previous world. Bowser's love isn't gonna be enough, and that love argument is stupid when it was situational because of the Chaos Emeralds which "retained their essences".

If you don't remember, Team Sonic was getting absolutely ****** by the Egg Field and they hold a more genuine love for one another than Bowser.

Uh, the Chaos Emeralds retained the presence of Sonic's friends in the previous world. Bowser's love isn't gonna be enough, and that love argument is stupid when it was situational because of the Chaos Emeralds which "retained their essences".

If you don't remember, Team Sonic was getting absolutely ****** by the Egg Field and they hold a more genuine love for one another than Bowser.
Damn. I was just trying to throw Bowser a bone here, but he's so cooked. His best bet is stealing Chaos Emeralds to shield himself from memory manipulation, but Blockite would prevent that the first time, and Eggman has what it takes to steal them right back with his own methods of Hammerpsace manip

Damn. I was just trying to throw Bowser a bone here, but he's so cooked. His best bet is stealing Chaos Emeralds to shield himself from memory manipulation, but Blockite would prevent that the first time, and Eggman has what it takes to steal them right back with his own methods of Hammerpsace manip
Given you can hold multiple and Eggman has the means to copy multiple gemstone artifacts (Phantom Ruby, Chaos Emeralds, Chaos Shards, etc.) you could argue blocking multiple times. Not to mention Eggman’s means of summoning things across space and time meaning he can just continually restock, or use the Time Stones to undo Blockite’s “used up” state, or many other options he has to just reset the clock in his defense.

The Otherworlds did also rewrite the memories of Gemerl, Orbot, Cubot, and Omega, so, like, programming and stuff is still vulnerable to Eggman's memory manipulation. I have heard some say the Memory Bank has a backup of Bowser's mind, and even if so, that backup would just become a professional arborist or something when in an Otherworld. And even then, I don't think the back-up would be able to outhack Sage or Eggman for control.

Damn. I was just trying to throw Bowser a bone here, but he's so cooked.
Unironically, I think Eggman is gonna lose in the DB because of this argument. They'll argue Bowser's love for his son or something will be enough to null Otherworld. Which, if they go that route, bleh...

Last edited:
Unironically, I think Eggman is gonna lose in the DB because of this argument. They'll argue Bowser's love for his son or something will be enough to null Otherworld. Which,bif they go that route, bleh...
Only Bowser is allowed headcanon scaling and the benefit of doubt, haven’t you heard? Eggman also can't use any forcejewel because he isn't a playable character btw (giving them to characters in Shuffle does NOT count)/j

I hope Eggman wins just so we don't have to hear "Why did they do this? Everybody knows Sonic characters can't beat Mario characters. This was a waste of time." Shit.

Unironically, I think Eggman is gonna lose in the DB because of this argument. They'll argue Bowser's love for his son or something will be enough to null Otherworld. Which, if they go that route, bleh...
I could see that, but again. Billcord gave me an unprecedented amount of faith in thier research. I hope they won't let me down, and I REALLY hope the conclusion will be VERY thorough and detailed. I want longer conclusions in most episodes. They're one of the most important, and most neglected elements of the show

I could see that, but again. Billcord gave me an unprecedented amount of faith in thier research. I hope they won't let me down, and I REALLY hope the conclusion will be VERY thorough and detailed. I want longer conclusions in most episodes. They're one of the most important, and most neglected elements of the show
I am the opposite. Bowser will 100% win and the reasoning will be bad. Agree on better conclusions tho.

This is why I can't buy Ultraguy's claim of Mario winning last time because that was the "commonly accepted result". That's just not true.
It was the commonly accepted result though. Sonic was deemed star level at absolute most, and FTL. Super Sonic barely brought anything to the table in terms of hax, but was occasionally argued to be MFTL+ and low multiversal. Mario was deemed galaxy level and MFTL+ while the pure hearts boosted him to multiversal. He was also seen as having a way larger and more useful arsenal.

Back