• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It was the commonly accepted result though. Sonic was deemed star level at absolute most, and FTL. Super Sonic barely brought anything to the table in terms of hax, but was occasionally argued to be MFTL+ and low multiversal. Mario was deemed galaxy level and MFTL+ while the pure hearts boosted him to multiversal. He was also seen as having a way larger and more useful arsenal.
Casuals and normies always believed Sonic wins and the more visceral response to the rematch versus the original proves that.

841f3681a99fb58e97fd9ea5ec0415fd.jpg

Eggman vs Bowser if it was awesome

incredibly unrelated to everything else, but can the Zeti’s Electromagnetic manipulation affect Shadow’s shoes? Like can they stop the shoes from working, or maybe make them suddenly flare up and propel Shadow in the wrong direction at a whim?

incredibly unrelated to everything else, but can the Zeti’s Electromagnetic manipulation affect Shadow’s shoes? Like can they stop the shoes from working, or maybe make them suddenly flare up and propel Shadow in the wrong direction at a whim?
Did the Zeti ever even interact with Shadow? Right now there's no way of knowing, but I hope the answer is yes, because it would be cool to see.

Anyways I would like to say in defense of the downplayers that both Mario and Sonic have some truly god awful anti feats, so I really can't blame them for doubting that these characters are strong. Albeit a good chunk of Sonic's anti feats are from idw so take that as you will.

I am not too concerned for how Death Battle will treat Bowser and Eggman, but Mario VS Sonic 2 does bother me. For many reasons, but one thing I like is how they explicitly write that Mario isn't a strategist, in his analysis, and then write that he'd win based off of a strategy (which also requires information he wouldn't have).

I'm not mad at any particular person over that episode, and, of course, many worked on it. I think it is honestly stupid to vilify someone working on a collaborative project, when they don't hold ill intentions. People do this to Ian Flynn, for example. I don't see it super often in the Death Battle community itself, but I worry of this happening to any individuals who work on Death Battle. Some have already done this to Ben and Chad for killing Goku, despite also having no issue with said Goku being in a show called "Death Battle".

Because of what Ultraguy said about Mario and Sonic 2018's research. If you're confused about what we're talking about and why, you can just go back and read the older messages for some context, you know?
I absolutely loathe Ultraguy. I remember his massive thread where he made a giant thread deliberately downplaying Archie Sonic way back in 2016-2017ish claiming “Sonic is and always will be a mid-tier character.” Not only does this mean he’s biased against Sonic and goes in bad faith, but is also one of the main reasons why 2018 Mario Vs Sonic and Wally West Vs Archie Sonic ended up the way they did research wise. Genuinely awful research, arguments, reasoning, and bad faith in general. Wish he was never here in the community since he’s shown he cannot be trusted with research due to his clear bias here.

It has been 8 full years since this was made. I feel people can change. For example, about 8 years ago, I bought Sonic Forces full price. We make mistakes, and change.

Back