• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah, which in turn make it have even less sense, Classic Sonic growing from 5-A to Low 2-C to one-shot Chaos 0 and fight Egg Dragoon is... bleh
Classic Sonic is a walking paradox, and in the case of Forces (where the main issues lie) is purely there for nostalgia bait. If the same games he’s in repeatedly explicitly shows us that Sonic grows stronger over time, which side should be taken as more reliable?

At the absolute worst/best (depending on which side you’re arguing for) they would just cancel each other out, but in that case you still have all the stuff outside of Gens and Forces which support the power growth.

I'm talking about Sonic, as long as he is capable of fighting and growing in power, everyone around him essentially will be of that level of power, leading to Silver, an Extraordinary Genius combatant in his own right logically be pretty much infinitely stronger than anyone from the present due to power creep leading into the future
The world doesn't grow together with Sonic, so I really don't see why Silver HAS to be that strong.

I have compiled some reasons for why I buy no power growth for mainline Sonic, but, I don't think there's much reason to try to present that on VS Battles really. It's nothing against anyone at all, but when you have two people who adamantly believe they are correct, and have directly opposing beliefs, it can feel like two walls just pressing and budging against each other, if that makes sense. Some here very strongly believe there is power growth, and I'm immensely confident there is none. If that were to be presented, it would sort of just be a discussion that only goes in circles.
Again though, this isn't aimed towards anyone at all, but I've been thinking on this for over a year or two honestly, and I wanted to drop my thought here.

I'd also feel bad if a "Classic = Modern" CRT actually went through because Shake has put a ton of effort into various different profiles, and this would require some slight restructuring of many, at least.

The canon timeline split solved that problem, until it was retconned, but it's not like they retconned the power growth along with it since they only continued to emphasize it during and after all those instances. Not to mention the lack of a timeline split results in so many story-breaking pararoxes that are just dismissed that there's no reason not to also dismiss the power-scalling paradoxes.
It was never even meant to be a timeline split, Forces just messes that baddly

I have compiled some reasons for why I buy no power growth for mainline Sonic, but, I don't think there's much reason to try to present that on VS Battles really. It's nothing against anyone at all, but when you have two people who adamantly believe they are correct, and have directly opposing beliefs, it can feel like two walls just pressing and budging against each other, if that makes sense. Some here very strongly believe there is power growth, and I'm immensely confident there is none. If that were to be presented, it would sort of just be a discussion that only goes in circles.
Again though, this isn't aimed towards anyone at all, but I've been thinking on this for over a year or two honestly, and I wanted to drop my thought here.
Because there is one

Here are the first humans since 2008, and the first of these two since 2005.
And the image itself, for any who cannot access Twitter due to a billionaire whom no one loves.
GYSwp1oakAEhgG9

Purple hair TailsTube 1 person still missing and unidentified, G.U.N. has no leads

And the image itself, for any who cannot access Twitter due to a billionaire whom no one loves.
GYSwp1oakAEhgG9

Purple hair TailsTube 1 person still missing and unidentified, G.U.N. has no leads

You know what's pretty disappointing? Maria and Gerald physically appearing in Sonic x Shadow Generations will mark the first time a human character that isn't Dr. Eggman appearing in the franchise since Sonic Unleashed if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully since SEGA is fully embracing the presence of GUN once again, we might see humans again in the series. Or at least, I hope that's the case.

GYSwp1oakAEhgG9

Twitter images still don't appear as well

Quick neat continuity thing: Shadow currently has the yellow Chaos Emerald on him, which is the same colour he gives Sonic in base Gens.
Another (probably coincidence in comparison) continuity thing, Shadow is staring up at the Ark above the Moon, which he was explicitly shown to him by Sonic during the Cover Story.
THE SHATTERED MOON IS BACK? WHHHHA? THIS IS SO SIIICK.
The future is so bright, bros...

Man, all I want to do now is scream at the top of my lungs because HOLY SHIT THAT WAS SO ******* AWESOME AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE REMAINING TWO EPISODES AND THE GAME ITSELF TO COME OUT!!!!

Side note: I don't know if it's just me, but I really like the crackling of lightning at the end when Shadow sped off. It just sells the idea that Shadow's powerful even when running.

Back