• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
IMG-20240920-002913.jpg

IMG-20240920-003519.jpg

Can you see these?
I already saw the former, i don't think i've seen the latter though...

I found some Sonic X stuff while watching a few episodes

Rings:

Heat Manipulation - Absorbing a Ring allowed Sonic to heat up and unfreeze himself from the temperature of the stratosphere;
In the English dub Tails mentions the temperature is "50-below", though im not sure wether he meant -50°F (-45.5556°C) or 50°F (10°C), since the latter isn't exactly a temperature where you'd be freezing solid, especially not that fast.
In some other dubs Tails mentions the stratosphere's temperature is -15°C, which is what a quick google search also tells you about the top of the stratosphere's temperature.
I can't find what the original Japanese episode had to say though.

Higher speed: Shadow was unable to react to Sonic's spin attack when he absorbed a ring

Dark Sonic:
Aura (Overwhelming) - The artificial Chaos Emeralds were causing Sonic to feel uneasy

Chaos Emeralds:
Aura (Explosive) - Sonic flashed brightly before beginning his attack on Gerra-Hard

Im sure there could be more stuff but i think i lost myself in the order of the episodes and not really in the mood to check more of them

I mean, this also shows that the Egg Mobile can teleport the stuff that it carries along with it. That's pretty neat. Keep turning those into Imgur GIFs and I'll include them into my next CRT. I just discovered some Shuffle stuff on my own end that I didn't get to add to it.

Not for its flight capacity.

Leaf swirl only makes him intangible to thin lasers in Heores. Are you referring to that other technique in Rivals that makes him fully intagible?

Jfc, that's cringe. What a cop-out. The one modern game where most of Sonic's friends feel like distinct charming characters.
Speaking of next CRTs, can you add Eggman's Fighters moveset to it? I just realized he doesn't have stuff like hyper mode in his page

I guess I didn't see it because it wasn't in the powers and abilities section.
Didn't feel like adding it there lol. Powers and abillities are extremely tedious to edit into profiles for me, and this is such a minor one that needs to be added to so many profiles. If you want to add it, feel free to do so.
Wait, speaking of, I don’t see Eggman’s Mirror Ray that spawns perfect copies of his opponent to fight from Sonic the Fighters…
It's not there? For real?

I feel there is irony in the japanese post likely about unofficially translating and spreading the non-international manga, needing to be translated and spread around unofficially, internationally, because of no official means of receiving it in another language.

Guys, which structures are now 2-C again? I know obviously Sonic’s Dimension and the Sol Dimension, but is it just those two or are there others?

Universes in general, all the rest of the multiverse are all variations of the Prime World
Oh yeah, somehow I forgot about the wider multiverse despite literally looking through the cosmology page just before asking this lol. Does that include the Storybook realms, or are they still Low 2-C?

Universes in general, all the rest of the multiverse are all variations of the Prime World
They made the cosmology ridiculously big, I mean it's to be expected in a long running franchise but we've got universes, dimensions, multiverse, special stage, dream worlds, timelines, etc. Solaris was very hungry indeed.
Oh yeah, somehow I forgot about the wider multiverse despite literally looking through the cosmology page just before asking this lol. Does that include the Storybook realms, or are they still Low 2-C?
L2-C is the safe option but I've seen arguments for 2-C too, though it's still crazy that these "fictional" universes exist within Sonic's world.

Yeah the Storybook realms just being Low 2-C is probably a safer bet.

The reason I was asking was just because I was curious of how many feats were upgraded. So as far as AP/Dura feats are concerned, the only feats with a notable buff are the Rush merging feat and Sonic surviving the destruction of his universe in Gens? iirc Sonic surviving the Shatter event is gonna be used as an argument for 2-C as well, so that gives the base cast two 2-C feats and a number of Low 2-C feats as support. Maybe also other 2-C feats that I'm not aware of at the moment.

yeah it should, as they still have Sonic characters in them, even without that they would still be 2-C since Arabian Nights has boths its main universe and the night palace, which is another infinite space inside of it

They made the cosmology ridiculously big, I mean it's to be expected in a long running franchise but we've got universes, dimensions, multiverse, special stage, dream worlds, timelines, etc. Solaris was very hungry indeed.
a hungry boy he was

yeah it should, as they still have Sonic characters in them, even without that they would still be 2-C since Arabian Nights has boths its main universe and the night palace, which is another infinite space inside of it
You should use that argument to make it 2-C (2× universal) then, instead of scaling it to the exact scope of the main universe for frankly weak reasons

i mean.......it doesn't really change much in the grand scheme of things, so it is whatever
I believe it would buff all the Storybook characters, as iirc all the things they scale to (Egg Reverie, the Arabians Nights and Camelot) are still Low 2-C. It’s only stuff from after the 4Kids era that become 2-C. Though if baseline Super forms start scaling to Rush’s universe merging feat (assuming that logic checks out) then Storybook characters would be scaling to a 2-C Super Egg Robot anyway, so I guess in that case then it really would not matter that much.

7 World Rings > Darkspine Sonic > Secret Rings Sonic >= Egg Wyvern > Super Egg Robot = baseline Adventure Super Sonic > baseline Classic Super Sonic >= baseline 7 Chaos Emeralds > 7 World Rings

So a question to people who properly know the story of Sonic Rush (I haven’t played it), how does the whole merging worlds thing work exactly? Is it something the Emeralds just do themselves, or is it something the Eggmen physically make them do?

If it’s something the Emeralds do themselves then wouldn’t that be a feat for their baseline level, the same way feats like the continent feat from Unleashed or the Eclipse Cannon feats are? I kinda alluded to this a couple times now, but I realised I should probably make sure this reasoning actually works before doing that any more.

Tbh I really don't think Egg Wyvern should be stronger than the SER. Maybe the Egg Dragoon or the Nega Wisp Armor, but not the SER.
Actually looking at the exact statement used to justify it, I can definitely see where you’re coming from. “Most terrifying” doesn’t necessarily mean “most powerful”, and unlike later mechs with more explicit superiority statements the Egg Wyvern doesn’t have any known potent energy source either (The Egg Dragon’s Gaia energy, the Nega Wisp Armour’s Hyper Go-on energy, etc). I still disagree with baseline Supers upscaling from the World Rings for other reasons, but if we ignored the Egg Wyvern upscaling from the Super Egg Robot I can’t see any circular scaling anymore.

So a question to people who properly know the story of Sonic Rush (I haven’t played it), how does the whole merging worlds thing work exactly? Is it something the Emeralds just do themselves, or is it something the Eggmen physically make them do?
the former

If it’s something the Emeralds do themselves then wouldn’t that be a feat for their baseline level, the same way feats like the continent feat from Unleashed or the Eclipse Cannon feats are? I kinda alluded to this a couple times now, but I realised I should probably make sure this reasoning actually works before doing that any more.
yes it will.......guys, can you all just wait for my scaling cosmology thread?......why the impatience? lol

Sonic Question Time:

If you were to get the return of one "One-Off" Sonic Villain (Dark Gaia, Eggman Nega, the Nocturnus Clan, etc.) who would it be, and what sort of plot would you put them in? How would your ideas propel the Sonic Cast forward? Why would you bring them back, specifically?

Back