• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
bUt He hAS tHe pOTentIal tO bE tHe sTronGeSt sONiC cHaRAcTeR.

Nearly twenty years that statement (or a variation of it) has been repeated throughout the Sonic community, let's face facts Silver is the Spider-Man of the Sonic franchise.
he is not the spider man, i have seen spider man get more respect

This reminds me of how stupid it was for Sonic and Tails to fight over the name in IDW.

Like, why the **** would they give a shit about the name of a place they only visited once and not even for a day?
Actually, they visited it twice, thank Mania.

-Open thread after a couple hours
-See the best character getting slandered relentlessly
groundhog-groundhog-eating.gif

I will stop bumping this CRT and leave it here

If any of you want to continue it you are free to do so

Yes, but it was for Sonic Adventure 2, it's called the Sonic Adventure 2 Birthday Pack. That is an interesting release of the story because it was actually translated to English, but only the first episode, Episodes 2 and 3 were never officially translated, so the only resources with them are the development scans, Sonic Jam, Sonic Manual Manga, and other stuff.

I particularly know that story was used as inspiration for Shogakukan Sonic, but instead of a human pilot, it's his uncle who died and became the "Sonic" spirit that is later passed down to Nicky. In that version, after dying the uncle's soul is sent to the "Sonic World", a world made of Faster-than-light energy that freely moves across time, it then saves Nicky's parents and later becomes a part of Nicky in the future and the two after merging turn into Sonic, this Sonic would then time travel to the past and help any time his past-self needed him, creating an eternal loop.

Sonic Question Time!

So, we all know 2024 is officially the Year of Shadow. If you had the power to choose, which character would you give the "Year of [X]" treatment?

Personally, I think a Year of Silver would have some amazing potential. He's a character in a weird spot of being fairly popular but still somehow underrated (probs cuz his absence in game appearances as of late). And of course, the untapped potential of expanding Silver's future. I can't believe IDW of all things did it first (and not even much, mainly for like 3 different panels).

Sonic Question Time!

So, we all know 2024 is officially the Year of Shadow. If you had the power to choose, which character would you give the "Year of [X]" treatment?

Personally, I think a Year of Silver would have some amazing potential. He's a character in a weird spot of being fairly popular but still somehow underrated (probs cuz his absence in game appearances as of late). And of course, the untapped potential of expanding Silver's future. I can't believe IDW of all things did it first (and not even much, mainly for like 3 different panels).
In all honesty? If SEGA experiments with the year of concept then Silver is currently the most deserving of some spotlight for a variety of reasons:

1. Even though nearly two decades have passed since 06 came out (god I feel so old!) people are still expressing some animosity towards Silver as a result of memes and the overall writing of the characters, which I think should be directed at the writers themselves. And though I think recent games and the IDW have greatly shifted Silver's reputation to being beloved, I think a year dedicated to the dorky hedgehog would do wonders to make his mainstream look better

2. Silver, as you mentioned, has ABSURD levels of potential when it comes to story telling and character development. The fact that we know so little about Silver's past, the world he comes from outside of the bare basics, or even how Silver has psychic abilities to begin with is just an example of how SEGA has this issue of introducing very interesting characters and not doing them

And 3. Silver's psychic abilities have so much potential to be fun gameplay mechanics that it physically hurts me whenever I see Silver being relegated to spin offs or non playable roles in the mainline games. If Project 06 has taught me anything, it's that it is very possible to make Silver to play as and control in a Sonic game.

So yeah, give him some love SEGA.

Silver snip #2
Silver snip #1
Like I mentioned above until Sega actually treats Silver as a MC again in the core medium (getting a few hype moments in the mid incarnate IDW comics when most fans pay attention to the games and movies/shows simply ain't it tbh) I'm not holding my breath, nearly 20 years still the same old "potential" cope even when Silver got major Ws (like the development and feats he got in the Archie comics) he doesn't even get to keep it (lawsuits and debt go hard!).

And for the non-existent love of Solaris don't make Blaze a jobber love interest/side-character IF by some miracle of Light Gaia Silver does get a dedicated year (I'm one of the rare Blaze fans who dislikes Silaze/Blaver and just sees Silver as a burden on her presence in virtually every story where they're paired up).

Tl;dr: I want Silver to get a year but he need's a proper, staple place in the franchise first (outside spin-off and side content fan bait), I mean it's been years since he was even the 5th most popular Sonic character in the franchise (iirc he's currently 7th or 8th globally).

Sonic Question Time!

Year of Blaze or Vector
Just because I like them a lot
And also Blaze has interesting powers

Sonic Question Time!

I'd also go with Silver, he has a lot of potential ideas for a game than most characters gameplay wise ngl

Sonic Question Time!

Why was my first thought reading this "this is how we get a new Sonic Riders"?

Back