• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think for Iizuka’s statement the “parallel” part is more a meta thing, symbolizing that Boom as a subseries would be developed in tandem with mainline. As opposed to in-universe.

Someone wanted me to post this

"Proof Sonic Boom is canon

Sonic Boom is a different branch of the Sonic Canon and Universe

^ “I think if we were to simply create another canon-style game, then we’re missing the mark of trying something different.”

“We’re not replacing canon. We’re not a reboot. We’re just a different branch. And that’ll happen with a property that has been around for so long. You see that a lot in the comic book industry, where there are alternate takes with a character. I think the video game industry is starting to see that now because of its heritage and history.”

^ Sonic Boom according to these sources is “a new branch of the Sonic universe".

Modern Sonic is confirmed parallel to the Boom Sonic Franchise by Takashi Iizuka at 5:30 of and Boom Sonic uses the world of Sonic as a base at 7:21 of

The Sonic Encyclospeedia has Sonic Boom in it

And the Encyclospeedia’s purpose is to inform people about every game that exists in Sonic’s ever expanding Universe

-
- In the Sonic The Hedgehog 25th anniversary artbook it’s even stated Sonic Boom is a parallel Sonic universe

The Art Book is stated to be an Encyclopedia of knowledge on Sonic (or The Blue Blur) and is officially licensed and made in conjunction with SEGA

“Sonic the Hedgehog has been speeding through pop culture since 1991. SEGA’s super fast rodent grabbed the attention of millions, featured in dozens of video games, TV-series, comics, and Sonic movies, and was rightfully inducted in the World Video Game Hall of Fame in 2016.

This official SEGA 'Sonic the Hedgehog Art & Design Book' by publisher Cook and Becker is a beautiful coffee table book about the art and design of this iconic game figure, and an encyclopedia of knowledge on the blue blur.”

“Officially licensed and made in conjunction with game company SEGA”

Therefore we can take this as SEGA’s word or as an official source.

And when Ian Flynn was told about the part of the book where it’s said Sonic Boom was a parallel universe he said he wouldn’t contradict nor challenge that

Sonic Boom String Theory

6:55 hedgehog day mentions string theory and Super string theory

For mombot, it's at 1:38
https://youtu.be/OKUQnHIojZI "

I wanted to add that TailsTube 4 makes a an obvious reference to Boom Sonic and Movie Sonic by mentioning Sonic's with blue arms
https://youtu.be/CnnqXIGA_UQ?si=ZTV84KrPobfcvhIV&t=206

So with this shouldn't we scale Game Sonic's universe relative or equal to Boom's since it is stated they are parallel to each other?

This is obviously not Zastando 🙄

I think for Iizuka’s statement the “parallel” part is more a meta thing, symbolizing that Boom as a subseries would be developed in tandem with mainline. As opposed to in-universe.
That’s fair but I think in conjunction with the other statements it’s more leaning towards an in-universe thing especially the “new branch of the Sonic universe” and “parallel Sonic universe” statement in the announcement recap and the art book.

well its completed it just needs a blog explaining Low 1-C and then scaling chains need to be ironed out, fight will be hax battle anyway!
It’s also a staff discussion going on about changing the standards for something and apparently it might have an effect on the db’s upgrade.

“Starfall Sonic”

Smthn tells me it ain’t ever coming back.
I mean isn't that something which the end of the game implies to be the case? When Sonic completes Master King Koco's Trial to obtain this hidden power the King straight up mentions that Sonic's power is fragile and wasn't meant for him, having to be synchronized to Sonic's form as best as he can. He even states that if Sonic uses it "recklessly" or just goes all out with it, Sonic's loses that power entirely.

So I think after the end of the Final Horizons story, it's fair to assume that Sonic's lost that power and it's not coming back

I mean isn't that something which the end of the game implies to be the case? When Sonic completes Master King Koco's Trial to obtain this hidden power the King straight up mentions that Sonic's power is fragile and wasn't meant for him, having to be synchronized to Sonic's form as best as he can. He even states that if Sonic uses it "recklessly" or just goes all out with it, Sonic's loses that power entirely.

So I think after the end of the Final Horizons story, it's fair to assume that Sonic's lost that power and it's not coming back
it is also said to be "Super Sonic's hidden power" so it is implied that it is in him

Back