• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, most of Archie sonicverse will not have more fights except in their base form (Cuz there are only a few of tier 7D character and tier 8D outhaxxed Deadline)

According to Ian (Following back to a few bumblekasts) there are a lot of lore details from Sonic Superstars that explain a lot of what happens in the game (And most likely weren't made by him) that maybe will be revealed in the future, maybe not. But from what he can share, the powers displayed in the game are exclusive to Northstar Islands and fit with the backstory of the place. However he doesn't know if that will continue in the future or if this will ever be followed up by a future material.

According to Ian (Following back to a few bumblekasts) there are a lot of lore details from Sonic Superstars that explain a lot of what happens in the game (And most likely weren't made by him) that maybe will be revealed in the future, maybe not. But from what he can share, the powers displayed in the game are exclusive to Northstar Islands and fit with the backstory of the place. However he doesn't know if that will continue in the future or if this will ever be followed up by a future material.

so ryuko shion was right,this powers are specific from the north islands (even tought that does not make sense because plant manipulation is a power of the emeralds,slowing down time is basically time manipulation,clonation already comes from a super form,and the others.)

Sega REALLY doesn't want to give Sonic permanent powers. Why is there always a catch when it comes to Sonic getting new stuff? Just let him keep those stuff.
I mean there are very few video game protagonists with a consistent power set especially ones with as many appearances as sonic.

I mean there are very few video game protagonists with a consistent power set especially ones with as many appearances as sonic.

True. But Sonic is a special case. Protag #826 uses an ability once then never again, with no reason. Sonic gains an ability, then canonically either loses it or it gets limited. Not inconsistent powerset, just erasure of any meaningful addition for said powerset. What a lame guy for real for real

True. But Sonic is a special case. Protag #826 uses an ability once then never again, with no reason. Sonic gains an ability, then canonically either loses it or it gets limited. Not inconsistent powerset, just erasure of any meaningful addition for said powerset. What a lame guy for real for real
sonic battle,sonic had the power to heal himself,now...no.

It's even worse because it not even like fans disliked the concept (Some did, but there are always those who just dislike things).

If there's one thing fans loved from Frontiers, for example, was how cool Sonic looked with all the moves and how it felt like a real battle at super speed. But now, they either will just return to the previous games next time or will just keep with Sonic going to new places and explaining all the times Sonic does something cool with "it's not him, it's the place" (Something a bit strange for Ian, considering in this same Bumblekast he said he wanted to get rid of Blaze's dimension because he dislikes how that overly complicates the things).

(Something a bit strange for Ian, considering in this same Bumblekast he said he wanted to get rid of Blaze's dimension because he dislikes how that overly complicates the things).
How the hell does it complicate things? We're not in a phisophical, it's something as simple as ''hey, it's another universe, that's it'' it's not difficult.

In fact, what is complicated? Just say that in your dimension there are not as many problems as in Sonic's, don't try hard to make the concept of a parallel universe work.

Sega REALLY doesn't want to give Sonic permanent powers. Why is there always a catch when it comes to Sonic getting new stuff? Just let him keep those stuff.
Want to here my take? I think SEGA, specifically those who were around throughout the entire 2000's, were practically traumatized by the sheer negativity that was given to them during the so called "Dark Age" of Sonic games. See one of my massive criticisms against SEGA when compared to that Nintendo is that they don't try certain ideas again, opting to instead sweep shit under the rug and just pretending like it never existed in the first place. And what's really frustrating to me is that SEGA doesn't understand the fact that people weren't mad at the ideas themselves, like Sonic using a sword or Shadow having a gun or arguably the Werehog depending on the person you're talking to, but rather how said ideas are executed.

So I feel there is this concerningly large part of SEGA's mentality where they are instinctively afraid adding new things to preexisting characters out of fear of invoking the same negativity which plague the hedgehog and pals during that time, when logically SEGA should just take those criticisms professionally and either improve or completely rework what they want to add to Sonic.

How the hell does it complicate things? We're not in a phisophical, it's something as simple as ''hey, it's another universe, that's it'' it's not difficult.

In fact, what is complicated? Just say that in your dimension there are not as many problems as in Sonic's, don't try hard to make the concept of a parallel universe work.
He says "it brings nothing interesting to the table and I always need to give an explanation for why she is or isn't in a story"

He says "it brings nothing interesting to the table and I always need to give an explanation for why she is or isn't in a story"
I don't think an explanation needs to be sent as to why Blaze is sometimes not here or here, she is still a princess, anything is better than simply sending the dimension to hell.

I mean wouldn't it be easy to say that Blaze isn't in the story because, you know, she's the princess of an entire kingdom and sole guardian of a whole different set of Emeralds compared to the Chaos Emeralds so she doesn't have time? And if he wants to explain how she's in the story, just say that Blaze can use Chaos Control to transport to Sonic's dimension whenever she has time to do that.

I respect Ian deeply, but the man's trying to come up with a solution towards a problem which isn't a problem to begin with

I mean wouldn't it be easy to say that Blaze isn't in the story because, you know, she's the princess of an entire kingdom and sole guardian of a whole different set of Emeralds compared to the Chaos Emeralds? And if he wants to explain how she's in the story, just say that Blaze can use Chaos Control to transport to Sonic's dimension whenever she has time to do that.

I respect Ian deeply, but the man's trying to come up with a solution towards a problem which isn't a problem to begin with
that is basically what i say

From Ian's point of view, the problem seems to be that once the genie is out of the bottle, you can't just ignore it anymore. If Blaze is from another world and she now can just appear at will because of dimensional transportation or whatnot, it brings the question of why isn't she always there. And when she isn't and you bring her back, you need to explain why now she can be back now.

If Blaze is from another world and she now can just appear at will because of dimensional transportation or whatnot, it brings the question of why isn't she always there
IDK what Ian Flynn takes to forget this factoid, but once again I should clarify something: Blaze is the QUEEN of an entire KINGDOM.

Bold words aside, and it's really for dramatic effect, is it so implausible to convince the audience isn't always there because she has duties to fulfill from her royal title and can't always assist Sonic and her other friends? And considering this is the same franchise where there exists an entire technique which can transport the user and objects across time and space itself, then surely you could just say that Blaze uses the Sol Emeralds to come to Sonic's world when she does have the time to be around. She did it to help Sonic and co stop Neo Metal Sonic, she assisted in the takedown of Eggperial City, and in some of the last issues she and Sonic are currently travelling the world together so just say she has time.

I apologize for the ranting, but I just don't see why Ian needs to fix a problem that already has a few easy solutions to it. It's just absurd

well we cant do fate vs sonic matches cause fate is 8d for their 1-C keys
The_funny.gif

ultima is supposed to have the idea that the whole ''R>F is equal to a dimensional jump''is actually wrong,and is more like,dimensionality is quantity,while the other is quality.
nothingness cannot equal something,so if something is more real and sees the other thing has nothingness,than that means it trascends the qualities,including the concepts,so that means it gives you 1-A.
or something like that,tought i can explaing it a little better in my perspective.

It was already shared before, it's the conversation above

Absolutely crazy

Basically Ian wants to end Blaze's whole shtick of bring in another dimension. Mostly curious what people here think about it.
Like he explicitly said it's his "opinion" and Sega gets final say. Plus let's be real here, I highly doubt anyone has the appetite to swallow another retcon of a major Sonic character's backstory/lore (again...) not long after the lorebook came out, especially Blaze.

If anything Ian (alongside several other prominent members of the Sonic community) should continue to convince Sega that repeatedly not having human NPCs alongside anthro NPCs in the newer games/IDW is stupid and contradicts the very same "shared world" Sega wants.

Like he explicitly said it's his "opinion" and Sega gets final say. Plus let's be real here, I highly doubt anyone has the appetite to swallow another retcon of a major Sonic character's backstory/lore (again...) not long after the lorebook came out, especially Blaze.

And I disagree with his opinion. I heavily doubt it'd ever happen (thankfully), but I can't even understand wanting it to happen outside of "it'd be easier to include her in stories" when she doesn't need to be included all the time.

If anything Ian (alongside several other prominent members of the Sonic community) should continue to convince Sega that repeatedly not having human NPCs alongside anthro NPCs in the newer games/IDW is stupid and contradicts the very same "shared world" Sega wants.

I do agree with that. Like... I can kind of understand the games since npcs aren't really that important. But the comics seem like fair play. If they ever do bring back humans, I do hope the appearances are more like Sage / Elise from the duo picture with Silver. Unleashed also looked nice.

I do agree with that. Like... I can kind of understand the games since npcs aren't really that important. But the comics seem like fair play. If they ever do bring back humans, I do hope the appearances are more like Sage / Elise from the duo picture with Silver. Unleashed also looked nice.
IDW is supposed to happen before frontiers

Back