• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If there is a way to make pre-genesis Archie canon to the games, then yes plz.
There is an argument but it’s blatantly not the best. I think it comes from the Sonic grams? I’ll have to check the arguments again but I’ll post the scans here so you can read them.

If there is a way to make pre-genesis Archie canon to the games, then yes plz.
I found it for you bro

It says this

“Archie tells the behind the scenes and side stories the games didn't tell and that SEGA is leaving it up to them to mold it into the continuity when referring back to 129 in 130. Archie also says it describes Shadow's demise after SA2 game so it is sort of like a Sonic Colors type of thing. The Sonic 3-D Blast Adaptation gives the the inside scoop on the game. So Game experienced Archie events it seems.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...8522/39ece15d-0d0f-488b-b484-b1b91d962a2a.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1045501978966495322/1045522000766050345/unknown.png

This surprisingly isn’t a bad argument. I think Ian Flynn had said that Sonic Team supervised Sonic Universe so that could support this.

The only way Archie is canon to the games is if Sonic Prime literally integrates Archie into the multiverse (obviously it won't.)

The only way Archie is canon to the games is if Sonic Prime literally integrates Archie into the multiverse (obviously it won't.)
TailsTube, the 25th anniversary art book and Ian Flynn kind of makes it so Archie is canon to the games already. Now whether it will be accepted or not here is a different story.

Windii made a new translation of the Sonic backstory that was included in Sonic Jam.

Deep down I have the feeling that all the "two world" discussion that started after Iizuka mentioned it was because people didn't know about this story.

Windii made a new translation of the Sonic backstory that was included in Sonic Jam.

Deep down I have the feeling that all the "two world" discussion that started after Iizuka mentioned it was because people didn't know about this story.
or because people still want to insist that somehow,sonic needs to know the future so he can prevent it (ignoring the fact that he does not know how that even happens)

or because people still want to insist that somehow,sonic needs to know the future so he can prevent it (ignoring the fact that he does not know how that even happens)
Not talking about two worlds in that sense, but in the sense that there are literally two worlds in the series and that Sonic and the animals lived in one planet and the humans on another, with games like Adventure being a special crossover thanks to "big golden rings" that connect the two. Was a big point of discussion around the time of Sonic Forces because of Iizuka mentioning it again in interviews and the stage designer of Forces saying that he depicted the stages with an alien-like language to depict that they live in a totally different and unique world.

Not talking about two worlds in that sense, but in the sense that there are literally two worlds in the series and that Sonic and the animals lived in one planet and the humans on another, with games like Adventure being a special crossover thanks to "big golden rings" that connect the two. Was a big point of discussion around the time of Sonic Forces because of Iizuka mentioning it again in interviews and the stage designer of Forces saying that he depicted the stages with an alien-like language to depict that they live in a totally different and unique world.

So how does Sonic Team explain away Sonic Adventure 1, 2, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06, and Sonic Unleashed having human characters living in Sonic's world if the new idea for the series is that the human world and Sonic's world were always separate? It especially causes a massive contradiction when you look at SA2's story for example because the concept of Project Shadow, and subsequently Shadow the Hedgehog himself, came from G.U.N. commissioning Gerald to be the head of the project.

And considering how the Chaos Emerald shrine in the Space Colony ARK, the Artificial Chaos, and even Shadow being arguably based off the mural of Super Sonic in Hidden Palace Zone implies that Gerald either knew of or explored Angel Island to learn about the Emeralds, Perfect Chaos, and even that mural then I would love to hear how all that shit could've happened outside of stupid answers like "big golden rings".

So how does Sonic Team explain away Sonic Adventure 1, 2, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06, and Sonic Unleashed having human characters living in Sonic's world if the new idea for the series is that the human world and Sonic's world were always separate? It especially causes a massive contradiction when you look at SA2's story for example because the concept of Project Shadow, and subsequently Shadow the Hedgehog himself, came from G.U.N. commissioning Gerald to be the head of the project.

And considering how the Chaos Emerald shrine in the Space Colony ARK, the Artificial Chaos, and even Shadow being arguably based off the mural of Super Sonic in Hidden Palace Zone implies that Gerald either knew of or explored Angel Island to learn about the Emeralds, Perfect Chaos, and even that mural then I would love to hear how all that shit could've happened outside of stupid answers like "big golden rings".
The way I see it, it all started from a misunderstanding Iizuka got from early drafts made by Oshima he was confused by being made by Naka (As Ian said Iizuka told him he got that idea from Naka, even though Naka constantly denied that even back then).

What did exist was Oshima's draft of the character stating Sonic as a character existed inside a world like the ones told in fairy tales (According to Oshima himself, Sonic isn't a hedgehog, but a Fairy that is hedgehog-like) and in a different world that is like our real world with humans, Sonic's stories are seen as tales told by a caring mother that started to write for her daughter.

It's likely Iizuka got confused by this and thought Oshima was saying that humans didn't exist in the Sonic world when they did. But like Sonic himself, they are ones you would have in fairy tales interacting with talking animals.

The way I see it, it all started from a misunderstanding Iizuka got from early drafts made by Oshima he was confused by being made by Naka (As Ian said Iizuka told him he got that idea from Naka, even though Naka constantly denied that even back then).

What did exist was Oshima's draft of the character stating Sonic as a character existed inside a world like the ones told in fairy tales (According to Oshima himself, Sonic isn't a hedgehog, but a Fairy that is hedgehog-like) and in a different world that is like our real world with humans, Sonic's stories are seen as tales told by a caring mother that started to write for her daughter.

It's likely Iizuka got confused by this and thought Oshima was saying that humans didn't exist in the Sonic world when they did. But like Sonic himself, they are ones you would have in fairy tales interacting with talking animals.
So basically:

This whole idea could've come from a misunderstanding? I can't help but wonder if I should feel simultaneously impressed and annoyed at such a talent to reach such quick conclusions without looking deeper into it. Regardless, I really do hope that this idea eventually expires and they bring back humans again because not gonna lie, Sonic's world feels oddly empty without humans

So basically:

This whole idea could've come from a misunderstanding? I can't help but wonder if I should feel simultaneously impressed and annoyed at such a talent to reach such quick conclusions without looking deeper into it. Regardless, I really do hope that this idea eventually expires and they bring back humans again because not gonna lie, Sonic's world feels oddly empty without humans
they already brought them back, 2 worlds is not a thing anymore, Sonic just lives on Earth

they already brought them back, 2 worlds is not a thing anymore, Sonic just lives on Earth
Really? That's good to hear, because I was deeply worried that SEGA and Sonic Team would even entertain the idea of two worlds where humans and Sonic live separately. Though humans need to appear in the games and in the IDW comic so, come on guys, don't be cowards and add them in after years of nothing.

Or a vague "Sonic's world". At least from their projects, Ian said that a world map defining how the planet works is on the table, but he's unsure how they are going to approach it because it gives the feeling of "this is the world" and they won't be able to add new locations after that.

Really? That's good to hear, because I was deeply worried that SEGA and Sonic Team would even entertain the idea of two worlds where humans and Sonic live separately. Though humans need to appear in the games and in the IDW comic so, come on guys, don't be cowards and add them in after years of nothing.
i thought that this was common knowledge? like, with Tailstube, Ian talking about it constantly, human places appearing in IDW, etc, but maybe i was wrong

Or a vague "Sonic's world". At least from their projects, Ian said that a world map defining how the planet works is on the table, but he's unsure how they are going to approach it because it gives the feeling of "this is the world" and they won't be able to add new locations after that.
i mean, they do say "how on Earth"

also just obscure the map with clouds to hide parts of the map GG

i thought that this was common knowledge? like, with Tailstube, Ian talking about it constantly, human places appearing in IDW, etc, but maybe i was wrong
No I mean like physically appear on screen or panel because, you can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think a human character hasn't appeared in a Sonic game since Unleashed nor has a human shown up in the comics since the Post Genesis Archie Sonic run. It's like humans are just as important to Sonic's world as everything else so I don't know why there's all this hesitation to bring them back

Wondering, is MW accepted as separate from the TailsTube established infinite multiverse, or one dimension within that multiverse?

Can you link which magazine says it, I’m looking at some Dreamcast magazine scans and it’s not there.

Last edited:
If it’s parallel then, wouldn’t that mean every universe in Sonic is 2-A?

Also can you link which magazine says it, I’m looking at some Dreamcast magazine scans and it’s not there.
So you want the source? Okay

The text wasn’t translated by me

独自の世界観で繰り広げられるソ ニックのパラレルワールドは、こと そのほか素敵でグー。 特にエッグマン が、おジャマキャラとしていい味出 しっぱなし。 相手のカードも使えて しまうというルール設定も絶妙で、 ボードゲームとしても完成度高いで すヨ。いい感じなぶん、なんかテン ボの遅さが気になって、 特にGDへ このアクセスが頻繁で、せっかく盛り 上がりのバトルに水をさしてしまう かも(「萎え」ですか)。内容がいいだ けに、惜しいですな。CPUもツマ ランす。 VMに手持 ちのカードが見える 6 アイデアはナイス。 (TETSU)

The parallel world of Sonic’s world, which unfolds in its own unique way, is extremely wonderful and cool. Eggman, in particular, is a great character who is always a good sport. The rule setting that you can use your opponent's cards is also exquisite, and the board game is also very well done. The game is also very well designed as a board game. However, the slow tempo of the game, especially the frequent access to GD, may dampen the excitement of the battles (or is it "wilt"?). It's a pity, because the content is good. The idea of showing the cards in the hand to the VM is nice. (TETSU)

And if I recall correctly Maginaryworld is called an alternate dimension in the JP Sonic Shuffle manual.

This implies Sonic worlds in general contain dreams (which are universes) which in turn means his worlds could be higher into 2-C or even 2-A and potentially up given the right arguments.

Last edited:
Can you link which magazine says it, I’m looking at some Dreamcast magazine scans and it’s not there.
Even the manuals state that maginaryworld is another dimension and another world

A world in another dimension where Sonic and his friends will embark on a new Adventure.

The setting for Sonic's new adventures - Alternate dimension : Maginary World

A world you have never imagined where dreams cross paths with reality…

A world held together by the power of the Precious Stone, the jewel into which the dreams and hopes of peoples from the different dimensions have been synergised.

Translations originate from Sonic Retro: https://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Shuffle/Manuals

So it’s consistent.

I know, it’s just that “another world” doesn’t necessarily mean it’s inside the multiverse, and since MW itself is infinite it being infinitely smaller than the total multiverse is kind of a hard sell.

I know, it’s just that “another world” doesn’t necessarily mean it’s inside the multiverse, and since MW itself is infinite it being infinitely smaller than the total multiverse is kind of a hard sell.
It’s called a parallel world of Sonic’s world in the magazine I linked before that message.

Yeah that’s why I asked for that, now the only way for MW to not be in the TailsTube multiverse is for Sonic’s universe to be at the absolute edge of said multiverse which, is pretty unlikely.

Penrose diagrams disagree.
Here’s the thing with that, Penrose diagrams are not meant to prove anything about infinity, they are just a way of representing the causal structure of spacetimes that may or may not be infinite. Penrose diagrams are highly distorted, so they do not show the true shape or size of the spacetime regions they depict. They only preserve the angles between light rays, which are shown as 45-degree diagonals. The boundaries of a Penrose diagram do not necessarily correspond to edges or boundaries of the actual spacetime, they may represent singularities, horizons, or points at infinity

I don’t know where the belief Penrose diagrams were theories about infinities having an edge came from but it’s not true.

Back