• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Add to it as you please. This will be a team effort of you, me and LaserPrecision.
Oh it's not new info, I just had an interpretation of it that supports "infinite possibilities"

Sonic Heroes had a statement similar to Tailstube
"An infinite number of possibilities"
Sonic CD also affirms that for every possibility, there exists alternate futures off of that, but I assume everyone here already knows about MWI for Sonic.

Chaos have infinite/unlimited/limitless possibilities
The kanji of infinity analysis
“A life form shrouded in mystery. It has unlimited possibilities, and its growth changes depending on how you interact with it.”

Furthermore...

Both Chao and Nightopians (NIGHTS) were produced with the same “A-Life” function
And similarly the Nightopians have a “Infinite combination” statement.
Katano: A-LIFE was just what the staff wanted to have something different rather than the same scenery over and over again when they play the same aspects over and over. What are some of the behavioral patterns of the nightpians?

Oshima: It is not so much the actions of the night people themselves, but the infinite number of combinations of those actions. For example, if they were laughing and a nightmare suddenly chased them, they would run away in a flurry, For example, if they were laughing and a nightmare suddenly chased them, they would run away. If a player were to attack the nightmare、 he or she would be saved. Then they will like the player (Knights).

^Source for the scan (Pg 59):
https://retrocdn.net/images/4/47/SSM_JP_19960809_1996-13.pdf

Oh it's not new info, I just had an interpretation of it that supports "infinite possibilities"

Sonic Heroes had a statement similar to Tailstube
"An infinite number of possibilities"
Sonic CD also affirms that for every possibility, there exists alternate futures off of that, but I assume everyone here already knows about MWI for SOnic.

Chaos have infinite/unlimited/limitless possibilities
The kanji of infinity analysis

Furthermore...

Both Chao and Nightopians (NIGHTS) were produced with the same “A-Life” function
And similarly the Nightopians have a “Infinite combination” statement.
Katano: A-LIFE was just what the staff wanted to have something different rather than the same scenery over and over again when they play the same aspects over and over. What are some of the behavioral patterns of the nightpians?

Oshima: It is not so much the actions of the night people themselves, but the infinite number of combinations of those actions. For example, if they were laughing and a nightmare suddenly chased them, they would run away in a flurry, For example, if they were laughing and a nightmare suddenly chased them, they would run away. If a player were to attack the nightmare、 he or she would be saved. Then they will like the player (Knights).

^Source for the scan (Pg 59):
https://retrocdn.net/images/4/47/SSM_JP_19960809_1996-13.pdf
Thank you.

The thing is possibilities can exist as non-universal things, Sage noted that Tails himself had multiple possibilities within him.
Possibilities are things that can exist in general and possibilities are worlds in Sonic so the unlimited possibilities would be worlds.

It would be your burden to prove they are not worlds in this case since that’s the definition in Sonic by default.

Last edited:
Here’s the thing with that, Penrose diagrams are not meant to prove anything about infinity, they are just a way of representing the causal structure of spacetimes that may or may not be infinite. Penrose diagrams are highly distorted, so they do not show the true shape or size of the spacetime regions they depict. They only preserve the angles between light rays, which are shown as 45-degree diagonals. The boundaries of a Penrose diagram do not necessarily correspond to edges or boundaries of the actual spacetime, they may represent singularities, horizons, or points at infinity

I don’t know where the belief Penrose diagrams were theories about infinities having an edge came from but it’s not true.
Well I already knew that (I brought up the same point in the past, I forgot to add that part to my comment), I've been following PBS Space Time since early 2020.

But damn, you know a lot of stuff.

Possibilities are things that can exist in general and possibilities are worlds in Sonic so they unlimited possibilities would be worlds.

It would be your burden to prove they are not worlds in this case since that’s the definition in Sonic by default.
Possibilities can manifest as worlds, in no way is that the default.

Tails noted that endless possibilities could lead to infinite Sonics, not infinite worlds. And Ian constantly reiterates Tails was speculating and not sure.

Tails noted that endless possibilities could lead to infinite Sonics, not infinite worlds. And Ian constantly reiterates Tails was speculating and not sure.
He didn’t say it would “lead” to an infinite number of Sonics, Tails said “within the endless possibilities of Space” there could be an infinite number of Sonics not that it could lead to that but that it possibly already exists.

Go to the time stamp 3:23 of this video

I also wanted to mention that I think Ian Flynn has made statements about Sonic’s Multiverse being infinite long before the TailsTube it just wasn’t officially recognized by Sega.

This does not prove infinite worlds, it proves that space has endless possibilities, which is achievable in one world of infinite size or multiple worlds of infinite size, as opposed to infinite worlds.

This does not prove infinite worlds, it proves that space has endless possibilities, which is achievable in one world of infinite size or multiple worlds of infinite size, as opposed to infinite worlds.
This is where Ian Flynn is used for elaboration (I want to say that some of these are after the TailsTube episode 4 and the point of which Ian became part of the lore team so the credibility of some of these should be alright)

Endless Possibilities exist throughout Sonic's world and multiverse

https://www.youtube.com/live/94-T1huUMDA?feature=share&t=629

1:13:19 - If there’s infinite variations on infinite possibilities and each Sonic world has possibilities would you say each world is its own multiverse self contained within their dimension and reality? (Ian says yes)

5:38 - So I remember that you have said that the Sonic Multiverse is infinite and has infinite variations on infinite possibilities and have also expressed that you would say that in the context of the games there are infinite possibilities. So my question is, would you say there are infinite variations on infinite possibilities of worlds, universes, realities, timelines and dimensions due to these infinite possibilities?, are these possibilities actual worlds in some shape or Form? Is that a yes or a no? Note: if you don’t remember saying this I have a link to a screenshot: (Ian says he doesn’t know how else to say yes)

9:02 - In the infinite variations on infinite possibilities of Sonic’s Multiverse… are there infinite MaginaryWorlds? That is a possibility isn’t it? (Ian reckons that it is in fact: a possibility)

So I mean, if we go by these you can say that infinite universes exist throughout Sonic's multiverse.

There's no rule on it as far as I can see. But it would be ridiculous to not accept statements like these that elaborate on the TailsTubes.

I'll ask Antvasima.
Update: I talked with Antvasima he said it’s okay as long as it’s not leading questions, this was after I showed him some things of Ian Flynn being an authority.

He said this

“I am not sure, but if his statements are very clear and not in response to leading questions, I suppose that they can probably be used as supporting evidence at least.”

So I think some of Ian’s statements probably wouldn’t be accepted here.

As long as the leading questions weren't asked by VS battles members I don't see an issue with using them.

Because otherwise we're disregarding an uncontradicted Word of God statement.

Last edited:
Yeah I feel all the Bkast stuff falls under leading questions.
Not necessarily but I do agree a good amount of that stuff would fall under leading questions

But a question like “is Sonic’s world infinite dimensional?” (Just bare with me here)

That’s not really a leading question and the reason for it not being a leading question is that you are not trying to influence Ian Flynn’s answer, but rather expressing your own opinion or assumption based on some evidence, logic or thought. You are asking for his agreement or disagreement with your statement, rather than suggesting the answer to him.

Is the question goony? Hell yeah I think. But is it a leading question? No.

I think your questions are less leading questions and more asking Ian what he thinks without restricting options to a yes or no.

As long as the leading questions weren't asked by VS battles members I don't see an issue with using them.

Because otherwise we're disregarded an uncontradicted Word of God statement.
Uh, no. Any leading question intended for use in power scaling should not be used at all

By this logic you could also just have a VSBW member have a non-VSBW member ask the leading question for them

This implies Sonic worlds in general contain dreams (which are universes) which in turn means his worlds could be higher into 2-C or even 2-A and potentially up given the right arguments.
Since EncycloSpeedia specifically says that Maginaryworld contains every dream, I have to disagree.

Well, the Ancients could encode their dreams into Cyberspace, meaning CS is itself a multiverse, a multiverse that contains countless/unquantifiable amounts of data, and if CS itself is part of a dream, it means dreams can be Multiversal.

I have a question for you guys. The Sonic The Hedgehog 25th anniversary art book states that Sonic Boom is a parallel universe to Modern Sonic’s world so shouldn’t we apply what’s part of Boom Sonic’s world to Modern Sonic’s world like string theory?

Back