• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Not really a Sonic guy on this wiki but I enjoy the games, not certain if I should label the new update stuff as Spoilers but I will just to be safe.

Sonic Frontiers was already one of my favorite 3D Sonic Game in a long time, but this new update basically shot it up even more.

Very much enjoyed almost everything it had to offer. Only contention was three points, Snake Trial was horrible, Master King Trial was awful, and I didn't know how to target The End's energy cord thing for way too long. I thought it wanted me to Perfect Parry everything, and I ended up learning the pattern of all of The End's attacks.

Was able to parry everything perfectly and still didn't get anywhere, felt like the biggest idiot in the world when I figured out what to actually do. Playing on hard mode and refusing to lower the difficulty at all is also completely my fault. The parry time feels frame perfect at this difficulty, not fully certain if it is though.

But I'm a stubborn bastard who doesn't know when to quit.

Amy, Knuckles, and Tails played very well, though them starting without any attacking abilities felt weird. But that was only for like the first ten minutes since I got all of their skills incredibly early by collecting those skill points I saw. It didn't take long at all to max them out.

Knuckles' glide was weird but I adapted to it pretty well actually and I found it to be really fun. I can't comment on any combat with them since I actually avoided it all together unless I was Sonic. I didn't hate the combat in the game I just saw no reason to fight any enemies with health bars if I wasn't Sonic who was maxed.

My best time outside of the Super Sonic battles were just exploring the island with each character, it's really fun just to run around in this world. I didn't have any issue with any platforming like I see others saying on Reddit. Did everything almost first try, one tower I fell down all they way but that was my own fault there.

Anything related to platforming was pretty standard, I admit to knowing how to cheese the engine and can launch myself stupidly high with a spin dash. Amy was probably my favorite out of all of them, her triple jump is great and her bouncing stomp can make any platforming a breeze.

Final Boss was incredible, excluding not knowing how to target the wire, it was everything you'd expect a final boss in this game would be. The End was a massive threat that help support Sage's statement on Super Sonic not being able to defeat it. Massive step up from the original final boss.

Super Sonic also has way too much attitude in that final battle, I love it! Was not expecting that cross arm beat down or that epic finger snap after cylooping. Him losing the transformation and gaining it back was way too epic for no reason.
As the #1 MHA guy on this site, do you think a Sonic-MHA crossover would be a dope idea?

As the #1 MHA guy on this site, do you think a Sonic-MHA crossover would be a dope idea?
Is that really how people see me?

I think any crossover between action series like this can work if the people behind it can do it well. Obviously there's a high chance for things to go horribly wrong but crossovers in general aren't a bad idea and would be massively epic for both sides if done well.

This is ignoring anything on this wiki because obviously MHA is vastly inferior Sonic in terms of their main canon. But that's the beauty of crossovers, you can ignore any of that stuff and have Luffy fight Super Saiyan God Goku without it being a complete massacre.

But yeah, a crossover has some great potential.

This says that Shadow and Sage's Base 4-C versions were used, but only Shadow has a 4-C key while Sage is Low 2-C. Should the match be updated to say that their base Low 2-C versions were used or should it just be removed?

This says that Shadow and Sage's Base 4-C versions were used, but only Shadow has a 4-C key while Sage is Low 2-C. Should the match be updated to say that their base Low 2-C versions were used or should it just be removed?
Yeah, this was made before the Low 2-C upgrade. So we can just update it.

Given that thread was from before Low 2-C and 4-A, where they were indeed 4-C, just update to say Modern Base was used or smth along those lines
Edit: ninja'd

Can I just say that Super Sonic detransforming mid-fight and eating up 2-A attacks in Base before retransforming was... Fuarking ridiculously awesome?
Yeah,I thought that was one of the best parts. It kinda solidifies that the emeralds have a will of their own & knew that creation was in peril,they didn't just **** off & scatter. Base taking that much punishment is crazy,too.

It is interesting how the text sort of implies that Super Sonic 2 is Super Sonic with his powers Awakened by cyber energy, so would Super Sonic 2 technically be the evolved form of Super Sonic achieved artificially through Cyber Corruption?

I mean, Eggmanland stands on it's own in it's difficulty while the most challenging parts in Final Horizon is you getting nerfed in some way or the other.

I mean, Eggmanland stands on it's own in it's difficulty while the most challenging parts in Final Horizon is you getting nerfed in some way or the other.
Agreed both are difficult but for different yet (mostly) fair reasons, with Eggmanland being a huge difficulty spike with years of build up behind it while Final Horizon is more of a test of how well you know the game in order to be rewarded with the definitive experience.

Does anyone want to add a sonicverse character to the tournament I made?

Can anyone link me the video used in the 346 spindash amp calculation? I tried watching it but it said it's private

Hey guys. So someone that you might be familiar with (but may not like) is getting on Ian Flynn’s podcast for an interview with him and he says that he needs questions to ask. So do you guys have any questions you guys want to ask him? It could be helpful for the tiering on this site.

Hey guys. So someone that you might be familiar with (but may not like) is getting on Ian Flynn’s podcast for an interview with him and he says that he needs questions to ask. So do you guys have any questions you guys want to ask him? It could be helpful for the tiering on this site.
They brought this up like a month or so ago IIRC. That said, I'm sure some people are curious, but it won't really be helpful here since we can't even use power-scaling related answers here by fishing for an answer.

ZaStando?

You have to be specific my man. What’s “fishing for an answer”?
Based on how it's been treated here, I would think literally any question in attempt to get an answer you want that would benefit scaling (Whether that be for downplaying or wanking). ZaStando type question would def be something that fits that bill. Most powerscalers ask questions that involve scaling for well... powerscaling. I think that's why the only interviews I see get accepted on here are generally from official conferences/interviews that were set up in person or over recording with the creator since the questions aren't typically asked by a powerscaler. I think it should be fine to some extent to ask some questions for answers, but I slowly lose faith the further into depravity I fall into when watching people powerscale any verse. The high Tier 1 Sonic, DB, etc. stuff I've seen based on interviews is almost sad. Shame the people getting asked the question hardly ever understand the ramifications of what they're answering. Feel if they did they'd be a lot more careful in their answers.

I want to know more about the ends reincarnation process some more. Once it reincarnated into supreme, it became much stronger than super Sonic, to the point where it astonishingly left a wide gap.

Makes me wonder if the moon itself is just also a vessel for it, although a weaker one.

The base game also implied that super Sonic would not stand a chance if the end managed to regain it's form. So this new update to me solidified my opinion that the moon is probably a half assed vessel.

Maybe ask if Spin Dashes are faster than running and by how much?

Based on how it's been treated here, I would think literally any question in attempt to get an answer you want that would benefit scaling (Whether that be for downplaying or wanking). ZaStando type question would def be something that fits that bill. Most powerscalers ask questions that involve scaling for well... powerscaling. I think that's why the only interviews I see get accepted on here are generally from official conferences/interviews that were set up in person or over recording with the creator since the questions aren't typically asked by a powerscaler. I think it should be fine to some extent to ask some questions for answers, but I slowly lose faith the further into depravity I fall into when watching people powerscale any verse. The high Tier 1 Sonic, DB, etc. stuff I've seen based on interviews is almost sad. Shame the people getting asked the question hardly ever understand the ramifications of what they're answering. Feel if they did they'd be a lot more careful in their answers.
By the definition of what fishing for means it would seem that Geburah isn’t doing that.

The definition of fishing for means this “: to ask for or try to get (something, such as praise or attention) in an indirect way” and with this definition that’s not what Geb is doing since he’s actually being extremely direct about what he’s asking. I don’t think a powerscaler asking a powerscaling question or anything of that sort should disqualify the statement that the word of god gives since it undermines what an official source’s words are all because “hey! It was asked by a powerscaler!” In that case why not go one step further and disregard all author statements related to scaling in general? That way there’s no double standards. So I don’t think that Geb’s questions would fit that description even if I think some of his questions are particularly goony. That’s why I said we should disregard all author statements related to scaling so we don’t have that problem. Everyone has a view of how powerful a character may be so they’ll ask the word of god how powerful a character is, it’s unfair to dismiss an answer and their credit because of who asked the question it’s fallacious. This stems from a greater issue of people using word of god to meet certain goals and using that for scaling. While people can argue it’s appeal to authority that comes with arguments against that. And you can dismiss the word of god statements but as a consequence you’d have to disregard all others to be fair. For the record I think Ian Flynn is aware of his podcast being used as a source for powerscaling in general as well as other things, that’s why he tries to troll people when they ask how powerful Sonic is, it’s a shame.

It does seem that Geb is going to go through an official recording interviewing with Ian Flynn and not just a random question on a list like the regular podcast.

I say ask questions just to keep Geburah from getting too goony, if it doesn’t get accepted then okay but if someone takes a look at it and decides it’s okay then that’s a win.

Last edited:
By the definition of what fishing for means it would seem that Geburah isn’t doing that.
I used fishing loosely. The questions are often direct, but are clearly for the intent of building on his narrative. It just comes off as cheap and petty. I personally don't care too much what he asks since it's rarely if not never used here anyways.
The definition of fishing for means this “: to ask for or try to get (something, such as praise or attention) in an indirect way” and with this definition that’s not what Geb is doing since he’s actually being extremely direct about what he’s asking. I don’t think a powerscaler asking a powerscaling question or anything of that sort should disqualify the statement that the word of god gives since it undermines what an official source all because “hey! It was asked by a powerscaler!” In that case why not go one step further and disregard all author statements related to scaling in general? That way there’s no double standards. So I don’t think that Geb’s questions would fit that description even if I think some of his questions are particularly goony. That’s why I said we should disregard all author statements related to scaling so we don’t have that problem. Everyone has a view of how powerful a character may be so they’ll ask the word of god how powerful a character is, it’s unfair to dismiss an answer and their credit because of who asked the question it’s fallacious. This stems from a greater issue of people using word of god to meet certain goals and using that for scaling. While people can argue it’s appeal to authority that comes with arguments against that. And you can dismiss the word of god statements but as a consequence you’d have to disregard all others to be fair. For the record I think Ian Flynn is aware of his podcast being used as a source for powerscaling in general as well as other things, that’s why he tries to troll people when they ask how powerful Sonic is, it’s a shame.
I don't have particularly strong feelings on whether WoG should be used or not. That'd be up to vs wiki as a whole.

I used fishing loosely. The questions are often direct, but are clearly for the intent of building on his narrative. It just comes off as cheap and petty. I personally don't care too much what he asks since it's rarely if not never used here anyways.

I don't have particularly strong feelings on whether WoG should be used or not. That'd be up to vs wiki as a whole.
I agree but you have to admit he does get Ian to say some stuff about the cosmology, so at least if it were to be looked into and get accepted it would be there. I think if we put our questions together, sent it to him and had him review it with Ian in the interview coming up we could do something good.

Yeah I know. It was just my thoughts.

I’ve pretty much learned that asking Ian for Vs stuff doesn’t really lead to much that you would hope for. That said, he did give me a free pass to make whatever I believe Sonic stats are the true answer so, guess there’s that.

Back