• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Shadow needs to honestly get more spotlight for his unique powers. Especially the power increase from removing his inhibitor rings.

Haven't seen him remove them since 06.
Well with what was introduced in issue 59 of the IDW comic, Shadow can't even use crap like Chaos Blast and Chaos Control without having a Chaos Emerald or something equivalent like Eggman's Fake Emeralds.

Which I thought was a stupid decision to make considering Shadow's DNA and tissue are made of Chaos Energy, so he should be able to do those moves without an Emerald and only need them if he wants to increase the potency and range of his Chaos abilties.

They're just saying shit now lmao
Stuff that contradicts what they produced.
I can see that the backlash of some of the comments will affect their use in the future (Like how they got back from the two-world stuff), but at the same time what Ian said is true. There has been only one major game release since they started the Lore Team stuff and the desire to make the lore more connected. Side-story stuff still hasn't got the time to be applied and they are always going back and forth on their plans for a number of reasons. in general, I don't see that they are lying and more that the situation is just very complex and we can be surprised at any moment.

No one expected Tailstube to be a thing, or the Fast Friends Forever website. It might take time, but I wouldn't be surprised if stuff changed in the future because of that.

Well with what was introduced in issue 59 of the IDW comic, Shadow can't even use crap like Chaos Blast and Chaos Control without having a Chaos Emerald or something equivalent like Eggman's Fake Emeralds.

Which I thought was a stupid decision to make considering Shadow's DNA and tissue are made of Chaos Energy, so he should be able to do those moves without an Emerald and only need them if he wants to increase the potency and range of his Chaos abilties.
I chalk it up to clearly different interpretations of how certain characters powers and skills work between Sega US and Sega JP plus other external factors, like I mentioned before Sonic has to be the one to save the world so in order to have any narrative stakes other characters that are just as capable as Sonic either have to be removed from the plot or nerfed (regardless of the inconsistencies it causes such as Shadow needing a emerald to use Chaos Control in IDW yet in Forces he did it with his own power but we're supposed to believe both mediums are canon to each other).

Shadow fans stay getting cucked the most (outta fans of the main characters) at least Silver and Blaze got to go super in IDW while Amy, Knux and Tails have been getting plenty of attention while Sonic and Eggman are self explanatory (A shame Metal and Rouge are kinda in a limbo between being a MC or NPC).

Yeah but that's honestly my biggest complaint about Sonic Frontiers: That maybe it's just a me problem, but I can't stand how SLOW Sonic runs even when you use the boot. As someone who's sunk so many hours into Sonic Unleashed, Generations, the Adventure titles, and etc Sonic Frontiers unmodded feels like whenever you're trying to go fast it's like someone is pushing against you to make it so that you got to take your time.

I'm not just nitpicking here, am I? Because I swear even when you max out his speed, Sonic still feels like he's not going fast as he normally should.
I get you, but I think if Sonic went that fast it might be hard to control him in these environments.

We never know where Shadow might have hidden a emerald on his body
I for sure wouldn't be brave enough to ask him...
So kind of Shadow to not mention he might've had an emerald on him nor suggest to gather more of them, truly an "anti-hero" indeed...

I wonder out of Amy, Tails and Knux which one fans will find the most fun to play with in the update.

So kind of Shadow to not mention he might've had an emerald on him nor suggest to gather more of them, truly an "anti-hero" indeed...

I wonder out of Amy, Tails and Knux which one fans will find the most fun to play with in the update.
The worst thing about this idea that Shadow had an emerald during Sonic Forces is that according to the new Sonic Channel stories using a Chaos Emerald makes you immune to the effects of the Phantom Ruby...

I get you, but I think if Sonic went that fast it might be hard to control him in these environments.
Yeah I'm aware of that issue, given the way the Starfall Islands are designed, so I mainly use mods like Open Zone DX or Tracker's Tweaks which make Sonic fast but not overwhelmingly fast, you know? Like he's going at a pretty solid speed without losing his control

The worst thing about this idea that Shadow had an emerald during Sonic Forces is that according to the new Sonic Channel stories using a Chaos Emerald makes you immune to the effects of the Phantom Ruby...
Really!? That's pretty hilarious that a (somewhat) popular head-canon of the Phantom Ruby being able to repel or negate the Chaos Emeralds due to that brief moment just before Classic Sonic enters the portal at the end of Egg Reverie Zone was proven false. At this point we might as well chalk it up to retrospective writing with different authors, let's be honest outside the scaling community and the communities of certain Sonictubers most Sonic fans don't really care about the lore (minus the basic stuff like Knux being the last Echidna).

From what I've seen, The End probably will get new stuff but I don't think Super Sonic gets much notable. Nevermind the form being standard is probably highly unlikely.

But maybe I'm wrong and there's something in the Japanese dialogue.

I'm on Switch and I haven't even received a whimper of anything pertaining to update 3, deadass don't know what's going on

Sat down in one night and finished it. Brought Frontiers from a decent 7 to a strong 8-9, the different gameplay styles are stoked and the revamped final boss was a treat. Enjoyed it even more that it's essentially a branching story you can choose via a portal on Ouranos, leaving the original playthrough intact rather than rethinking it out of existence.

Loved it, not much else to say except to expect a CRT for this in about 2-3ish days.

Sat down in one night and finished it. Brought Frontiers from a decent 7 to a strong 8-9, the different gameplay styles are stoked and the revamped final boss was a treat. Enjoyed it even more that it's essentially a branching story you can choose via a portal on Ouranos, leaving the original playthrough intact rather than rethinking it out of existence.

Loved it, not much else to say except to expect a CRT for this in about 2-3ish days.
Bro I haven't seen anything for the update on Switch, no download, no update NOTHING!!!! but I'm glad you enjoyed it

Edit: NVM it just appeared in my Switch now

Last edited:
What strongest villain? The one he says is Planet Level at most? From what we know, the basic basis for The End came from Kishimoto, and going by what his script says and what Ian says, Ian currently is downplaying more the nature of The End than Kishimoto. Even the notion that Cyberspace is really a dimension and a whole reality on its own gets a bit wrong if you ask Ian and he says it's just high-level virtual reality and not really another universe.

And although I think Ian did write Tailstube, the content as a whole is a culmination of all the lore team, not just himself (While for Frontiers script other than what came from Kishimoto we know it was Ian's ideas). So I don't know for sure if we can say "2-B multiverse, maybe 2-A" really came from him.
My point is that despite what Ian says in his dumb podcast, the downplays haven't affected the games. Sonic and friends are the strongest they have ever been.

Doomposting about how this time for sure Ian is going to downgrade Sonic is worthless because the opposite happened.

The End tried to make supreme into it's vessel after being freed, and in terms of power, Super Sonic literally couldn't do anything. So the End's power is so great that even a max power Super Sonic can't do Jack to it and Sonic had to use the cyber corruption to actually do stuff. It's crazy that this might be the first boss that made super feel almost powerless.

Also the cyber enhanced form is seemingly unstable, as when Sonic over exerts himself or seemingly gets hit with a hard enough blow, the cyber enhanced form will deactivate and Sonic will be reverted to his regular Super form. And seemingly utilizing the max power of the Cyber Corruption might've caused Sonic to lose it's power, so I don't think it's gonna be available after this game, rip.

So the scaling from what I can tell is Max Power Super Sonic [Cyber Enhanced] (or blue fleetway as I nickname him) (can one shot the end) >>> Super Sonic [Cyber Enhanced] (is significantly stronger than the End enhanced Supreme] >> Supreme [Vessel of the End] (literally cannot be harmed by Super Sonic and it's attacks can overpower Super Sonic and revert him to base form) >>> Max Power Super Sonic

Super Sonic 2 is CLEAN. First time I did the counter was epic, he did NOT need to treat Supreme with such disrespect.

The towers were more annoying and frustrating than fun. Compared to the ones on Rhea anyway. The characters are fun, I think Tails is my favorite just for traversing. Guy breaks the game. The puzzles are... I hate the stupid ball puzzle with the row of hoops around it. Legit not fun at all and I still can't do it.

Bosh rush is insane. I HAD to turn it on easy. Primarily because of how hard it is to see Wyvern's attacks. I'll try doing it on hard mode later on.

Sucks we didn't get to refight the end. As it's dialogue is very important lore wise, and I do kind of like the gameplay. But its fine, it makes sense. Kind of?

So like... Sage didn't die in this version. Which... now creates questions for what event is canon?

Funny enough, people are STILL saying Solaris is the strongest enemy. Reddit never changes.

Back