• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We should call it Super Sonic [Potential Unleashed] since some text says Super Sonic's hidden power was unlocked (like Gohan) 🗿.

We should call it Super Sonic [Potential Unleashed] since some text says Super Sonic's hidden power was unlocked (like Gohan) 🗿.
I refuse to have any Mid Ballz names on a Sonic profile under any circumstances (No hate towards the goat DB, but keep it away from Peaknic. The only thing that'd be worse than Potential Unleashed is "Super Sonic 2" 🤢)

I refuse to have any Mid Ballz names on a Sonic profile under any circumstances (No hate towards the goat DB, but keep it away from Peaknic. The only thing that'd be worse than Potential Unleashed is "Super Sonic 2" 🤢)
L goofy comment🗿.

Jokes aside though, "Power Up" is a lame ass name, "Awakening" is a little better but still kinda eh. These canon names for this form are kinda doodoo.

Still prefer if it was called "Super Sonic [Cyber Enhanced]" or something along those lines instead of what is brought up earlier.

L goofy comment🗿.

Jokes aside though, "Power Up" is a lame ass name, "Awakening" is a little better but still kinda eh. These canon names for this form are kinda doodoo.
It's because it's not even a "form". It's just a amp on top of Super Form. So while it is admittedly lame, it makes sense. It's JUST a power-up, thus it being referred to as such. Tho if we're going to go with a name, we could just list it on the profile as Cyber Corruption Super Sonic since it's just Super amped by Cyber Corruption.

It's because it's not even a "form". It's just a amp on top of Super Form. So while it is admittedly lame, it makes sense. It's JUST a power-up, thus it being referred to as such. Tho if we're going to go with a name, we could just list it on the profile as Cyber Corruption Super Sonic since it's just Super amped by Cyber Corruption.
I know, I'm not asking for a whole new name like Cyber Sonic (since it's just a powered up Super Sonic), but what we got is still lame. I do prefer your suggestion.

How should we distinguish between the normal cyber enhanced form and the full power cyber enhanced form (blue fleetway)?

if you change physically,then it is a transformation
Sonic doesn't change physically tho. Just gains a red hue aura, and blue eyes. Unless you mean when he became fully blue, but it's not Sonic changing physically either, that's just the corruption covering up more of his body. The fact the form is still treated/referred to as Super should show it's not a transformation. Just a power-up. If I HAD to compare it to Dragon Ball, it'd be like Kaio-Ken, or I suppose Super Kaio-Ken if you wanna include filler.

Sonic doesn't change physically tho. Just gains a red hue aura, and blue eyes. Unless you mean when he became fully blue, but it's not Sonic changing physically either, that's just the corruption covering up more of his body. The fact the form is still treated/referred to as Super should show it's not a transformation. Just a power-up. If I HAD to compare it to Dragon Ball, it'd be like Kaio-Ken, or I suppose Super Kaio-Ken if you wanna include filler.
is not a kaioken or something like that,with that logic,hyper sonic is not a transformation,because it only changes colors

is not a kaioken or something like that,with that logic,hyper sonic is not a transformation,because it only changes colors
I didn't say it was Kaio-Ken. I said Kaio-Ken would be the Dragon Ball equivalent. An Amp, not a transformation. Hyper Sonic is a transformation because it's verbatim stated to be a transform, uses a different power source, and has been stated to be "Super Sonic going Super". Super Sonic isn't using the Cyber Corruption to transform, he's using it to amp an already existing form. Similar to how Goku uses Kaio-Ken to further amp his forms like Super Saiyan (in filler) or Blue (In Super).

I didn't say it was Kaio-Ken. I said Kaio-Ken would be the Dragon Ball equivalent. An Amp, not a transformation. Hyper Sonic is a transformation because it's verbatim stated to be a transform, uses a different power source, and has been stated to be "Super Sonic going Super". Super Sonic isn't using the Cyber Corruption to transform, he's using it to amp an already existing form. Similar to how Goku uses Kaio-Ken to further amp his forms like Super Saiyan (in filler) or Blue (In Super).
both are non-canon to be clear

Super Kaio-Ken, yeah. Blue Kaio-Ken isn't. Unless you want to make the argument the manga is the main canon. But that's kinda silly, both hold the same level of canonicity at this point.
How the hell do they both have the same level of canonicity if basically one is very different from the other?one is based on toriyama ideas and the other is just...what is that?a deformation of toriyama ideas.
is not sonic,dragon ball is not dictated by multiple writers or a staff,it is dictated by one person

How the hell do they both have the same level of canonicity if basically one is very different from the other?one is based on toriyama ideas and the other is just...what is that?a deformation of toriyama ideas.
is not sonic,dragon ball is not dictated by multiple writers or a staff,it is dictated by one person
Because you can have multiple canons? Them being canon adjacent/alternate canon's doesn't discredit either one. And BOTH are based on Toriyama's ideas. Not sure where you got the idea only one of them are. And both are "deformation" of Toriyama's ideas. The manga is just slightly less ass tbh.

If both endings are canon(?),that means regular-ass Super Sonic is better than the amped one because he was completely unscathed when he passed through The End. This is Hyper Sonic being unnecessary for Doomsday Zone,all over again.

The files call that form Super Sonic 2.

So IDK what to tell you fam.

If both endings are canon(?),that means regular-ass Super Sonic is better than the amped one because he was completely unscathed when he passed through The End. This is Hyper Sonic being unnecessary for Doomsday Zone,all over again.
Tbf, that was a Sonic dealing with Cyber Energy, which was unstable.

Also, I personally like that he was exhausted after killing TE.

Speaking of The End, at least we now have a clue as to how much stronger he is than normal Super Sonic:

The End's Weakened Form >> Amped Supreme (Can casually use its energy to refill amped Supreme's power level multiple times without issue) >> Base Super Sonic.

This, 100%.

As such, we end to end the Era of it being referred to as Super Sonic 2.

Super Kaioken Sonic sweep for the win.

The files call that form Super Sonic 2.

So IDK what to tell you fam.
Files aren't really indicative of anything. What's stated in-game or by developers will always take priority over a file name.

This, 100%.

As such, we end to end the Era of it being referred to as Super Sonic 2.

Super Kaioken Sonic sweep for the win.
Dear god no 😭. At this rate we'll forever be deemed a Goku clone fanclub 😔

Literally
son-goku-corrupted.gif

I loved that the Lookout Towers were difficult, I was actually getting frustrated and then I remembered this is the difficulty I asked for.

Cyber Super Sonic was fun, Perfect Parry was AMAZING because that's how the Parry should've been, and I loved each new gameplay style with Tails, Amy, and Knuckles. Have you guys SEEN how ******* floaty Amy is? Platforming with her is child's play and she reminds me of Princess Peach/Rosalina in Super Mario 3D World with how she feels compared to everyone else.

Oh yeah, expect a CRT tomorrow on Final Horizon.

Not really a Sonic guy on this wiki but I enjoy the games, not certain if I should label the new update stuff as Spoilers but I will just to be safe.

Sonic Frontiers was already one of my favorite 3D Sonic Game in a long time, but this new update basically shot it up even more.

Very much enjoyed almost everything it had to offer. Only contention was three points, Snake Trial was horrible, Master King Trial was awful, and I didn't know how to target The End's energy cord thing for way too long. I thought it wanted me to Perfect Parry everything, and I ended up learning the pattern of all of The End's attacks.

Was able to parry everything perfectly and still didn't get anywhere, felt like the biggest idiot in the world when I figured out what to actually do. Playing on hard mode and refusing to lower the difficulty at all is also completely my fault. The parry time feels frame perfect at this difficulty, not fully certain if it is though.

But I'm a stubborn bastard who doesn't know when to quit.

Amy, Knuckles, and Tails played very well, though them starting without any attacking abilities felt weird. But that was only for like the first ten minutes since I got all of their skills incredibly early by collecting those skill points I saw. It didn't take long at all to max them out.

Knuckles' glide was weird but I adapted to it pretty well actually and I found it to be really fun. I can't comment on any combat with them since I actually avoided it all together unless I was Sonic. I didn't hate the combat in the game I just saw no reason to fight any enemies with health bars if I wasn't Sonic who was maxed.

My best time outside of the Super Sonic battles were just exploring the island with each character, it's really fun just to run around in this world. I didn't have any issue with any platforming like I see others saying on Reddit. Did everything almost first try, one tower I fell down all they way but that was my own fault there.

Anything related to platforming was pretty standard, I admit to knowing how to cheese the engine and can launch myself stupidly high with a spin dash. Amy was probably my favorite out of all of them, her triple jump is great and her bouncing stomp can make any platforming a breeze.

Final Boss was incredible, excluding not knowing how to target the wire, it was everything you'd expect a final boss in this game would be. The End was a massive threat that help support Sage's statement on Super Sonic not being able to defeat it. Massive step up from the original final boss.

Super Sonic also has way too much attitude in that final battle, I love it! Was not expecting that cross arm beat down or that epic finger snap after cylooping. Him losing the transformation and gaining it back was way too epic for no reason.

Back