• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Sonic movie definitely shilled Sonic having lightning powers so it's definitely more mainstream now. Frontiers' Power Boost is an homage to that, the blue eyes especially.

I definitely think that Sonic is at his most peak when using wind-based abilities (like the Cycloop's hurricane against Giganto/Supreme, Sonic wind, all his tornadoes, that sorta stuff). I don't mind the lightning stuff tho.

Those songs are cringe.
I can understand, and I do respect, your opinion on the Sonic Frontiers songs but is there any particular reasons for not liking most of DMC's vocal tracks? I'm genuinely interested because you might be the first one I've seen to have a distaste for parts of DMC's music and I'd like to know why exactly.

I can understand, and I do respect, your opinion on the Sonic Frontiers songs but is there any particular reasons for not liking most of DMC's vocal tracks? I'm genuinely interested because you might be the first one I've seen to have a distaste for parts of DMC's music and I'd like to know why exactly.
The vocals for one,alot of the deliveries in the series consist of dollar store harshes,Victor Borba's cleans aren't too great,either. They don't have much range or power,the calmer verses & the "stronger" choruses sound almost interchangeable to me. Almost like I'm waiting for a climax that never happens. The string section being slathered in weird dub-step-esque instruments bogs it down. The little bit of melody it does have is so low in the mix that I can barely hear it. One positive I have for them & the Frontiers themes are the lyrics,too bad they aren't accompanied by more energetic,epic, & muscular compositions. Devil Trigger is ok,I guess,but it also sounds very tounge in cheek.

Given the songs in particular that you dislike, I take it you're not much of a fan of metal?
I'm a metal fan,but more within a Venn diagram of Traditional Heavy/Power/Speed/Prog. I need my fast tempos,melodic riffage,soaring vocals,complex epic compositions,& furious double-bass drums. I've tried to give Post-Hardcore/Metalcore a fair shake,but it doesn't do anything for me.

I'm a metal fan,but more within a Venn diagram of Traditional Heavy/Power/Speed/Prog. I need my fast tempos,melodic riffage,soaring vocals,complex epic compositions,& furious double-bass drums. I've tried to give Post-Hardcore/Metalcore a fair shake,but it doesn't do anything for me.
I suppose that’s fair, it ain’t for everyone

I suppose that’s fair, it ain’t for everyone
I realize Trad Heavy & it's kin are too over the top & archaic for some people's tastes,too. I'm pretty isolated in my enjoyment of them TBH. There's tons of metal sub-genres,some are extremely different from each other,but that's the beauty of it.

According to Ian Flynn, the profiles on Fast Friend Forever are related to a bunch of material that might be released in the future, so it's not something isolated, and more a tease of what they have been preparing on the background.

let's be honest with ourselves, that people think that prime is another universe, and not in the canonical universe, even though it was said that it is part of the same continuity as the games, is quite stupid,considering that not even X was say to be in the same mytology like the games,why it will be that prime is in another universe?

let's be honest with ourselves, that people think that prime is another universe, and not in the canonical universe, even though it was said that it is part of the same continuity as the games, is quite stupid,considering that not even X was say to be in the same mytology like the games,why it will be that prime is in another universe?
I think this splits into two:

Twitter "fans": Complain that characters are out of character, or even childish, with design changes

For the normal ones: It's the doubt, the show if I'm not mistaken doesn't have any mention of the games (I think, I won't be able to watch the 2nd season because my netflix account expired), and the only evidence is Logan McPherson , the director of Sonic Prime, he said that the show is canon, and most take it with a grain of salt, as whatever he say's shouldn't have any weight in games.

But oh well, who i am for disagree?

It's because of the "inconsistencies" Prime has with the the main games

Prime doesn't fit in canon at all, but SEGA is dumb and is trying to streamline all their continuities into one so we just have to deal with it until it gets retconned

Prime doesn't fit in canon at all, but SEGA is dumb and is trying to streamline all their continuities into one so we just have to deal with it until it gets retconned
Pretty much the entire story of the game continuity after the backlash of Sonic 06 (to a lesser extent Shadow 05). I'm willing to bet the new "lore masters" can count the number of Sonic games they've bought and played one hand (yet ironically still an improvement from their predecessors).

Pretty much the entire story of the game continuity after the backlash of Sonic 06 (to a lesser extent Shadow 05). I'm willing to bet the new "lore masters" can count the number of Sonic games they've bought and played one hand (yet ironically still an improvement from their predecessors).
I hate that CD takes place before 2 now man.

Eggman fr downgraded from Metal 3 times lmao

I hate that CD takes place before 2 now man.

Eggman fr downgraded from Metal 3 times lmao
"Now". It always did blud 😭. It was so obvious.

Them being downgrades are both

1. Subjective (Mecha is better tbh up until Metal gets upgraded in later games)
2. Possible if he simply didn't have the resources to make Metal Sonic again

The latter is likely given he needs to recover Metal Sonic from Little Planet in Sonic 4 rather than simply rebuilding.

If I remember correctly, Sonic 4 has several external mentions that imply that Sonic CD was after the entire original trilogy (&Knuckles), but before Sonic 4 itself...
But no one remembers Sonic 4, for Origins they probably already forgot about that

"Eggman downgraded Metal Sonic" mf's when Metal Sonic went kaput from slowly flying into a wall while the Mecha Sonic line took hits from Sonic and Knuckles back to back and has access to a Super Form
image.png

But fr, where did people get the notion they were even inferior? I get Silver Sonic maybe because he seems clunky. But the dude can take hits from Sonic and has added abilities similar to Metal. Mecha in 3&K fights Sonic, gets weakened, then fights Knuckles and accesses a Super Form before being defeated.

Metal in CD seemed to be built just for speed given he opts for racing and stops functioning after flying into a wall. Blud can't even take a hit from Sonic. And it's not like Mecha Sonic was stated to be slower than the real Sonic or anything. Their speed in-game is comparable to Sonic's (And faster in the case of Mecha in 3&K IIRC).

Metal in Heroes and beyond? Yeah, definitely superior, but he's also been upgraded a ton by then. Not fair to compare and if we wanna play that game, a scrap Mecha Sonic could fight Modern Sonic and Tails

"Eggman downgraded Metal Sonic" mf's when Metal Sonic went kaput from slowly flying into a wall while the Mecha Sonic line took hits from Sonic and Knuckles back to back and has access to a Super Form
image.png

But fr, where did people get the notion they were even inferior? I get Silver Sonic maybe because he seems clunky. But the dude can take hits from Sonic and has added abilities similar to Metal. Mecha in 3&K fights Sonic, gets weakened, then fights Knuckles and accesses a Super Form before being defeated.

Metal in CD seemed to be built just for speed given he opts for racing and stops functioning after flying into a wall. Blud can't even take a hit from Sonic. And it's not like Mecha Sonic was stated to be slower than the real Sonic or anything. Their speed in-game is comparable to Sonic's (And faster in the case of Mecha in 3&K IIRC).

Metal in Heroes and beyond? Yeah, definitely superior, but he's also been upgraded a ton by then. Not fair to compare and if we wanna play that game, a scrap Mecha Sonic could fight Modern Sonic and Tails
Genesis Silver Sonic and Game Gear Silver Sonic are objective downgrades.

Metal in the CD era also was able to fight Sonic in generations, and has the ability to age and get taller. (truly a marvel of technology)

All S3 Mecha did was pilot some machines and get ganked by Sonic, and then got ganked by Knuckles after not being able to handle a super form longer than 3 seconds at a time, total jobber

Metal in the CD era also was able to fight Sonic in generations, and has the ability to age and get taller. (truly a marvel of technology)

All S3 Mecha did was pilot some machines and get ganked by Sonic, and then got ganked by Knuckles after not being able to handle a super form longer than 3 seconds at a time, total jobber
not really.
F2nxjy_XoAYLfd8

F2nxjzBXoAMXrXa

Not really? Game Gear Silver Sonic could use a Chaos Emerald and fight Sonic. And as stated above was a formidable enemy. Genesis one could one-shot Sonic assuming we take the 0 ring thing seriously, but at worst could keep up with Sonic. Only downgrade is less versatility.

Pretty sure they don't have the ability to age and get taller. I'm like 90% Eggman just upgrades them manually. The first time we see Modern Metal Sonic IIRC is Heroes where Eggman upgraded him and it ended up badly. And the one in CD gets two-shot by Classic Sonic after failing to hit him when using V Maximum Overdrive. Like blud actually exploded into ashes from a kick to the head. Bro was clearly built for speed rather than combat and tanking hits.

Total jobber? Bro performed better than ANY Metal Sonic ever has, lol. Aside from Neo the goat of course. Bro fought Sonic and Tails, was weakened, and could still fight Knuckles and use Super Form, and then STILL SURVIVED to fight another day in IDW (Also implied by 3&K's ending of him still being in commission). Unlike Metal Jobnic who died from flying into a wall, lmao.

Mecha is better than Metal in like every way. He's got his temporary stat amp like Metal Sonic, except it has no drawback. He can tank FAR more damage without spontaneously exploding. Can keep up with Sonic's speed. And yet people still gonna act is if he jobs despite his performance vastly exceed Metal's in CD.

Back