• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think the Titan fights setting the bar so high makes The End seem underwhelming by comparison which is why a lot of people don’t like it. If the Titan fights weren’t as epic as they were then people wouldn’t be complaining about The End.

I liked the final fight with The End tbh, though compared to the Titan fights it was a bit underwhelming
I think the Titan fights setting the bar so high makes The End seem underwhelming by comparison which is why a lot of people don’t like it. If the Titan fights weren’t as epic as they were then people wouldn’t be complaining about The End.
the music was 90% of what makes the End fight good, almost cried

I was honestly really impressed by the Frontiers update, the new Koco challenges really tested my platforming ability. Wouldn’t mind a whole game with challenges of that caliber.

Isn't @JJSliderman the same guy who, while discussing Sonic's resistance to Anti Matter Manipulation, said that he played Shadow the Hedgehog a few times? If he could do that, then he could easily do those new Koco challenges.

Also JJ I'm not saying this to insult you or make fun of you, I just think your experience with one of the most boring and frustrating Sonic games of all time is how you can withstand the new Koco challenges so don't take it the wrong way from me.

Last edited:
A few times is an understatement, I have a 100% StH save file.
W-W-Why torture yourself with 100%'ing Shadow the Hedgehog? I mean not to sound like you can't enjoy the game, because you're entitled to it, but I find it surprising to hear you 100%'d what I consider to be my least favorite Sonic game of all time. With drab graphics, frustrating and tedious level design, a laughably bad story with meme worthy pieces of dialogue, and of course the BS that is needing to get all endings in StH in order to reach the Last Story which in of itself is more then enough reason to despise the game for crap like that.

I think Shadow gets too much crap, the story is bad and there are some really shit missions but I actually like the music, level design, and the cutscenes in an ironic way.

Honestly, asides from the glitches and Elise's entire existence as a character, 06 isn't terrible.

I mean, it was half-finished, but what was finished was, for the time, not bad.

That said, the amount of potential in the story utterly wasted is inexcusable.

As far as my road to play a bunch of different Sonic games goes, 06 is the game that has me most intrigued, because it simultaneously sounds like something grand (from what I know of the story) and also something that just makes you ask "Why?"

And I intend to play the game in all its broken glory

As far as my road to play a bunch of different Sonic games goes, 06 is the game that has me most intrigued, because it simultaneously sounds like something grand (from what I know of the story) and also something that just makes you ask "Why?"

And I intend to play the game in all its broken glory
It likely could've been a masterpiece, had Sega not rushed the shit out of it so that it could be released for Sonic's 15th anniversary.

Also, IIRC the game development was messy as ****.

Banger soundtrack tho, and Mephiles was a great villain.

Honestly, asides from the glitches and Elise's entire existence as a character, 06 isn't terrible.

I mean, it was half-finished, but what was finished was, for the time, not bad.

That said, the amount of potential in the story utterly wasted is inexcusable.
I think projects like Project 06 do show that if they were given enough time, didn't need to worry about the holiday due date, and were able to iron out gameplay flaws? The game could've had, and I'm going to say something blasphemous here, the perfected Adventure formula without a doubt.

Like it's thanks to P06 that I consider Shadow to be the best character to play as in the game due to his Chaos powers and ways of maintaining big combos for big scores, super fun indeed. Though I do agree with the notion that the story's potential being wasted is inexcusable

I think I just got really lucky, my copy of ‘06 was relatively glitch free.
From my personal experience? Sonic 06's most heinous glitches are usually the ones that you have to actively seek out to happen in the first place. Otherwise the game is bugged, but otherwise functional.

Though sweet mother of god.....no amount of words can describe the absolute bullshit that is the ball rolling puzzle in Silver's Dusty Desert stage, it is so unintentionally frustrating and hard that anytime I play the stage on 360 I just use a glitch where you use some crates to glitch through the gate blocking the exit ring

Though sweet mother of god.....no amount of words can describe the absolute bullshit that is the ball rolling puzzle in Silver's Dusty Desert stage, it is so unintentionally frustrating and hard that anytime I play the stage on 360 I just use a glitch where you use some crates to glitch through the gate blocking the exit ring
like a youtuber will say:
if hell exist,the one who created is on the VIP class

W-W-Why torture yourself with 100%'ing Shadow the Hedgehog? I mean not to sound like you can't enjoy the game, because you're entitled to it, but I find it surprising to hear you 100%'d what I consider to be my least favorite Sonic game of all time. With drab graphics, frustrating and tedious level design, a laughably bad story with meme worthy pieces of dialogue, and of course the BS that is needing to get all endings in StH in order to reach the Last Story which in of itself is more then enough reason to despise the game for crap like that.
It's not that hard to 100% Shadow. I did that, too.

It's not that hard to 100% Shadow. I did that, too.
It's not that I don't think the game is hard to 100%, but rather my dislike for Shadow the Hedgehog (the game) makes it surprising to me whenever I hear people have 100%'d the game. But then again I'm someone who considers Sonic 06 to be one of the my unironically favorite Sonic games out there so maybe my standards are too low.

images

I thought you were talking about getting all the A ranks/Keys.

Nah I mean the REAL 100%, finishing the library.
Dude, how MANY times did you have to play through Westopolis to get to the real 100%!? In order to start a new route and get a new ending, you have to start at Westopolis every time you start a new playthrough so I dread to imagine how many times you've had to play the first stage

Shadow is just Heroes with a different gimmick,& '06 could've been SA3 if it had more time to cook. I've honestly never hated either,but the criticism they get is completely valid.

Shadow is just Heroes with a different gimmick,& '06 could've been SA3 if it had more time to cook. I've honestly never hated either,but the criticism they get is completely valid.
you are right about that,i think one of the main reasons for 06 hate is either the so called ''zoophilia''between sonic and elise(or rather,there relationship)and the bugs and the gameplay and the loading screen.

Not true. There's cases where having a higher power doesn't neg haxes, and actually requires a legit resistance.
There are also cases in which someone resists something, and there isn't any solid indication power is involved in that resistance, at all. I feel that resisting via power is a thing when power-related hax is in question. Otherwise though, it wouldn't matter to be stronger.

Last edited:
Back