• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So fun fact, when Blaze used the Sol Emeralds in the last chapter, she called upon the "Mystic Sun"(神秘の太陽, shinpi no taiyō). The term is made out of the kanjis for God and Mystery, so something like a godly mystery.

“Haaah…! Mystic Sun, respond to the power of my flames…!”​

Of course, Sol means Sun, and that is all and good, but having something called "mystic sun" made me think of Solaris :ROFLMAO:

More about the chapter

Sonic was surprised at this, but Tails did not miss the fact that Sonic and the others’ Chaos Emeralds… or their mutated ornaments, Blaze’s tail jewelry and Silver’s pendant, all glowed faintly at the same time. While Tails was pondering, the two traced the memories before and after the anomaly.

“The moment I came to this world under the guidance of the Sol Emeralds, I was caught in that light.”

So said Blaze as she patted the seven jewels in her pochette. She ponders what happened to Marine, who came with her.​

Interestingly enough, it seems that Blaze was with all 7 Sol Emeralds when she got caught when reality shifted (She even becomes Burning Blaze here); It seems the Sol Emeralds do not grant resistance over this event. Anyway, I really have the feel that they are downgrading more and more the Sol Emeralds and Burning Blaze due to how much easier for them to appear than the Chaos Emeralds and Super Sonic. Like how in IDW they are always having Blaze appear with the emeralds, and when not, it seems they have a lot of limitations like Blaze being unable to teleport to anywhere other than specific locations between the two worlds..

Based on the wavelength of the energy emitted, Tails explains that they are definitely Chaos Emeralds, and that they definitely glowed when the two regained their memories.

“As a phenomenon, anyway, Chaos Emeralds have the power to resist this anomaly. And one is not enough, but several are nearby, and one of them has the original memories… I’m thinking that’s a requirement for recovery.”
“That certainly seems to be the way to think of it. Way to go, Tails!”​

One emerald isn't enough to resist the effects of the shift, the more emeralds there are, the stronger is their effect.

“I hear that the Emeralds sometimes attract each other in times of crisis with their mysterious powers. I have this one that Amy forced me to have because it was guided by the stars… Maybe this is one of those powers.”
“That’s a good point. I can’t believe that four of them can easily come together like this… Wait a sec, isn’t that strange? If that’s the case, how come Sonic and Tails, who only have one each, were fine?”​

I always find funny when they say emeralds are hard to find when Shadow just got one in Sonic Prime while smashing a rock... I guess that emerald was very "let me help him" and spawned there lol

Windii's translation: https://browniehideout.wordpress.co...eunion-with-the-magical-princess-august-2023/

I always find funny when they say emeralds are hard to find when Shadow just got one in Sonic Prime while smashing a rock... I guess that emerald was very "let me help him" and spawned there lol

That was actually kind of funny to me, because chaos emeralds are found in places you wouldn't expect, I don't know in another dimension or on the other side of the world, or literally in a place where space and time don't exist. but in sonic prime, shadow finds one by breaking a rock as if it were a random object that he takes from zelda.

I assumed the Sonic channel story would end with the Chaos Emeralds giving their own memory manipulation to undo the previous stuff

Yes, Zeno’s erasure upscales Hakai which destroys the body and soul.
Zeno's erasure is better. Don't think it's layered though. Zamasu just has the regen to come back from his soul being erased. He doesn't have a resistance to body and soul erasure. Zeno's just negs Mid-Godly regen thus why it works. Not gonna comment on how it affects Sonic tho.

Ehh,I think that's kinda bullshit & NLF,especially if Zeno's erasure is just an amplified version of Hakai(or Ki based). Some who's infinitely stronger than him,that scales to a better cosmology in general,should punt it into oblivion.

Of course,this is assuming Super Sonic is gonna sit back & have a chili dog while Zeno does the erasure. Blitz/one-shot otherwise.

Not true. There's cases where having a higher power doesn't neg haxes, and actually requires a legit resistance.
As far as Dragon Ball goes, resistances are brought about via higher ki, and even higher ki can bypass those resistances (Example: Frieza resists Sidra's energy of destruction, but Toppo overcomes Frieza's resistance)

They have a resistance to that? But it's not even resistance based. It's based on them possessing the Ki to overpower it. The same way other hax have been shown to be negged via power rather than having a traditional resistance.
I don’t think it’s strength based, in the manga a tired Goku was erasing Fusion Zamasu.

As far as Dragon Ball goes, resistances are brought about via higher ki, and even higher ki can bypass those resistances (Example: Frieza resists Sidra's energy of destruction, but Toppo overcomes Frieza's resistance)
It's not though. There's instances where people with higher ki succumbed to hax. Such as Guldo's time hax freezing Vegeta and everyone on his team who are >>> Guldo.

Babidi mind-controlling his minions of whom all of them could one-shot him without issue. With Vegeta only breaking out through a legit mental resistance rather than with ki.

If Toppo bypassed the resistance, Freeza would've been erased. It was merely the blunt force that affected him. Hax like Hakai are power dependent. They don't work on people who have stronger ki than the user. If they have a weaker ki it will work on them. It's not a "resistance" because it's solely dependent on power.
I don’t think it’s strength based, in the manga a tired Goku was erasing Fusion Zamasu.
Haven't read the arc in a while, but as far as I'm aware, Mastered SSB Goku was fighting on par with Zamasu and even overpowered him. So that issue wouldn't come about. It's not like Goku tried to hakai Jiren or someone significantly stronger than him. Against relative or weaker opponents it will work fine.

It's not though. There's instances where people with higher ki succumbed to hax. Such as Guldo's time hax freezing Vegeta and everyone on his team who are >>> Guldo.

Babidi mind-controlling his minions of whom all of them could one-shot him without issue. With Vegeta only breaking out through a legit mental resistance rather than with ki.

If Toppo bypassed the resistance, Freeza would've been erased. It was merely the blunt force that affected him. Hax like Hakai are power dependent. They don't work on people who have stronger ki than the user. If they have a weaker ki it will work on them. It's not a "resistance" because it's solely dependent on power.
Both of those don't have to do with ki iirc, Babidi uses magic and I'm not sure about Guldo

As far as ki goes, the way I've mentioned it is how it works

Both of those don't have to do with ki iirc, Babidi uses magic and I'm not sure about Guldo

As far as ki goes, the way I've mentioned it is how it works
Same applies to Boohan's candy beam. Vegetto had a limited resistance however since he could still move despite becoming candy.

The point is, for hax where it's shown the ability is negated simply because of a ki advantage shouldn't warrant a resistance. Otherwise you'd have MASSIVE resistance scaling. Since every time someone stronger shows up, that would add a layer to resistances. That's a limitation of the hax. Not a resistance.

Buu uses magic too
Doesn't he just straight up shoot a ki construct to transmute people?

If you wanna argue that ki based hax can be overcome by greater ki, than that's not a conventional resistance. It'd only allow him resistance to people who use ki related hax that work on the basis that they don't work on people with greater ki. But in any other setting where hax aren't limited by power/ki differences, the hax would still work on them.

Just seems like a limitation of the system that benefits those who train their ki to be stronger.

I just don't think it's fair to assume those haxes are gonna work on someone who's leaps & bounds beyond anything in canon DB. Especially with how wonky hax is in general in that verse.

I just don't think it's fair to assume those haxes are gonna work on someone who's leaps & bounds beyond anything in canon DB.
I mean if a stronger esoteric energy can negate the effects from occurring to the user. Not sure why a stronger esoteric energy from another universe wouldn't cancel it out as well (I.e. Chaos Energy).

Some haxes in Dragon Ball can be overpowered by more ki (Hakai and Hit's time skip (directly even said in the manga)), but not all (Buu's candy beam, Dabura's stone spit, Ginyu's body switch, and some other haxes in OG DB)

The thing is, hakai can be overcome with ki, so Beerus can't erase someone stronger than him such as Whis or Zeno

I mean, Zen'O can erase GoD's who are immune to the destruction energy of other GoD's, but yeah the resistances are ki-based.

Maybe if Zen'o actually had a Heroes profile he could beat Super/Hyper Sonic.

I wonder if those earlier haxes would work on someone with divine Ki or higher. Or if the rules for those techniques got retconned. Like,could Beerus job to a stone spit? I wonder...

Back