• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Seriously, Time Eater explicitly does not erase souls, Sonic was ultimately succumbing to Ifrit’s soul binding (far weaker than soul destruction).

At best you can argue Sonic’s soul survived outside his body but no one tried to destroy it.

Seriously, Time Eater explicitly does not erase souls, Sonic was ultimately succumbing to Ifrit’s soul binding (far weaker than soul destruction).

At best you can argue Sonic’s soul survived outside his body but no one tried to destroy it.
It's comments like that why I often can't take your opinions seriously my dude, it's 2023 and you still don't fully understand what "hax" actually means.

Soul binding is like objectively weaker than soul destruction and I haven’t seen anything suggesting Sonic resists the latter.

That's like the most accurate way to get a multiplier for a speed amp, lol. Like, the result is big, sure, but the most accurate way to displace the increase is to show how fast it makes the user compared to the opponent. It gives us the exact difference.

Personally, this isn't a big deal to me. A "blitz multiplier" is very subjective tbh. Some would say as low as 3x, some would say as high as 1000x. So I think it's better to go with what the math says. Especially since a 300x increase is pretty tame compared to other verses, like say DB which has a 500x increase for SSJ (or SSJ2? I forgot) that anyone can just throw out to similarly "GG" their opponent in match-ups. SEGA prolly doesn't wanna put an exact increase on it because it would be limiting, and the people of Sonic Team have said Sonic's speed is whatever the plot demands at the time. So it's easier to just portray Sonic's amps (Boost, Spin Dash, Super Peel Out, etc.) as giant multipliers vaguely without limiting themselves by going with a concrete number. Especially since they'd look inconsistent if they decided to keep changing that value every other game.
The problem is that it could never go through on anything else. Also it violates standards.
"Multipliers come from direct statements instead of being reasoned from something else."

That's kinda what I was hinting at.

It's like how we got rid of the "Health bar damage = Multiplier" scaling.

He basically is saying no other verse would get away with this
Really? I find that kinda hard to believe tbh. I've done several calcs on amps, and there's never been any contention on their validity, with all of them being accepted despite no stated speed increase other than it being an increase. So there seems to be some level of flexibility when it comes to temporary amps at the least. It's especially weird considering if someone had a speed amp that let them statue character's or objects, you could use that to calculate speed, which you can then list on the profile. Which is exactly the same as having a multiplier on the page since you have an upper speed limit based on how much said speed amp increases your speed. One example is some calcs I've been working on recently for Cyberpunk. I've calc'd David's speed to be much faster than sound, and his normal speed is supersonic at best. And that could be listed on the page (The speed value), which is basically just a way of hiding a speed increase on a page (Similar to hiding calc-stacking).

Maybe there's some flexibility that people don't talk about or smth.

Which one?
The one I suggested from (I think) months ago.

It was about how stories are worlds, the Arabian nights contains dreams and Erazor Djinn could destroy them so I was going to suggest an update to Base Sonic’s stats based off of that.

Also I found something interesting and that’s that Lumina in the JP version of Sonic Shuffle states dreams exist within dimensions.

Eitaro Toyoda said something about the Arabian nights having the same potential and scale as Sonic’s world (which contains infinite possibilities) so this would support the revision.

If the revision is available to post I want to review the arguments to see if it’s okay to post and then obviously I’ll post it in the content revisions.

The one I suggested from (I think) months ago.

It was about how stories are worlds, the Arabian nights contains dreams and Erazor Djinn could destroy them so I was going to suggest an update to Base Sonic’s stats based off of that.

Also I found something interesting and that’s that Lumina in the JP version of Sonic Shuffle states dreams exist within dimensions.

Eitaro Toyoda said something about the Arabian nights having the same potential and scale as Sonic’s world (which contains infinite possibilities) so this would support the revision.

If the revision is available to post I want to review the arguments to see if it’s okay to post and then obviously I’ll post it in the content revisions.
Hmmmm, I'd wait until the priority 2 CRT comes out at least. But if you're getting impatient, I'd ask the others.

A look at the Emerald Powers from Superstars
-> Avatar
Blue Emerald. Avatar Creation/Duplication.
-> Bullet
Red Emerald. Stops your character in midair and lets you choose which direction to go in from there.
-> Water
Cyan Emerald. Changes the user's physiology to... Well, ******' water.
-> Ivy
Green Emerald. Sprouts a vine where the character is standing to reach high places.
-> Vision
Purple Emerald. Lets you see the unseen.
-> Slow
Yellow Emerald. Slows down time without affecting the players
-> Extra
White Emerald. Character specific ability. Sonic gets the Homing Attack, Tails gets the Tornado Spin, Amy gets the Hammer Throw, Knuckles gets Punch.

Full collection is the Super state. Each character gets it. Super Amy is canon.

Back