• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That doesn't make sense. If you're saying lightspeed is his minimum speed, you're assuming the slowest he can or will go. When it's stated he actively/normally chooses to run at supersonic speed. So we know that's the speed he prefers to run at in most cases (Though he can obviously go faster when desired).

No, it's not fiction or strange logic. It's just contradictory. If something with infinite battery can run out of battery, then that just means the battery doesn't have limitless energy. Simple as that.
Didn’t Eggman imply Mach 1 was Sonic’s minimum speed?

It’s completely ambiguous to my knowledge.

I personally headcanon all the games as taking place within 4-5 years.

I personally think by this point? Sonic should at least be 18/19 in Sonic Frontiers and was 15 years old during Sonic Adventure 1. But that's just me, still I hope that at some point we do see the characters get new ages because at this point I can't see Sonic still being 15

We know that in Sonic 1, Sonic couldn't even spin dash on his own and had to build movement to do so.
In Sonic 2, he learned how to spin dash on command and found Tails.
Sonic 3 he could control his Super and Hyper states better.
Etc.
He definitely matures throughout the series.

Interestingly it's stated Eggman took years to create the Interstellar Amusement Park from Colors

page5-384px-SonicColours_Wii_US_manual.png

makes sense
What is interesting tho is that Sonic Generations seems to let Sonic use Boost on top of a Spin Dash (When you drift in the game, you appear to enter a Spin Dash. You could argue it's not, but its appearance looks similar and if you drift left and right, it does actually make you move faster). Tho it prolly won't matter given that's not something he does in character.

What is interesting tho is that Sonic Generations seems to let Sonic use Boost on top of a Spin Dash (When you drift in the game, you appear to enter a Spin Dash. You could argue it's not, but its appearance looks similar and if you drift left and right, it does actually make you move faster). Tho it prolly won't matter given that's not something he does in character.
but still should be listed, i mean, we list the charged homing attack and he pretty much only ever used it in lost world, btw, do we multiply one by the other or something in that case?

but still should be listed, i mean, we list the charged homing attack and he pretty much only ever used it in lost world, btw, do we multiply one by the other or something in that case?
Assuming it is a Spin Dash, yeah. To get the total increase multiply boost increase by spin dash increase (Keep in mind Boost > Spin Dash). This is of course just an assumption tho, and only ever occurs in gameplay and isn't mentioned in lore. Albeit it's something we can assume he does as there was never stated to be a limitation to when he can use boost (Plus I think in Frontiers you can use boost after using a drop dash, tho I'm not 100% sure). So I don't really think it's noteworthy. We'd just right higher with Boost or with Spin Dash as per usual, and in matches we could just assume that's a possibility.

Assuming it is a Spin Dash, yeah. To get the total increase multiply boost increase by spin dash increase (Keep in mind Boost > Spin Dash). This is of course just an assumption tho, and only ever occurs in gameplay and isn't mentioned in lore. Albeit it's something we can assume he does as there was never stated to be a limitation to when he can use boost (Plus I think in Frontiers you can use boost after using a drop dash, tho I'm not 100% sure). So I don't really think it's noteworthy. We'd just right higher with Boost or with Spin Dash as per usual, and in matches we could just assume that's a possibility.
i mean, every amp should be listed, we list super peel out for adventure sonic even tho he doesn't use it

i mean, every amp should be listed, we list super peel out for adventure sonic even tho he doesn't use it
No no, I get that. But Sonic combining Spin Dash and Boost isn't a boost listed anywhere. It's just two boosts combined with each other. It's not its own technique. Spin Dash and Boost can be listed, but we're not gonna say "Far higher with Spin Dash Boost" or anything like that.

No no, I get that. But Sonic combining Spin Dash and Boost isn't a boost listed anywhere. It's just two boosts combined with each other. It's not its own technique. Spin Dash and Boost can be listed, but we're not gonna say "Far higher with Spin Dash Boost" or anything like that.
we should since it affects the super sonic speed scaling, since super sonic should be a bigger boost than even that

we should since it affects the super sonic speed scaling, since super sonic should be a bigger boost than even that
But it's not a technique. It's just using two of his techniques simultaneously. And it's never even noted in any manual or in-game. It's just something you can do in-game. We can list each technique since both are their own thing, but we aren't gonna say higher when using both techniques at the same time. That's just something that we should just assume he can do.

Anyway, the hypothetical multiplier for stacking the two would be a 1.1971271e+18x increase.

But it's not a technique. It's just using two of his techniques simultaneously. And it's never even noted in any manual or in-game. It's just something you can do in-game. We can list each technique since both are their own thing, but we aren't gonna say higher when using both techniques at the same time. That's just something that we should just assume he can do.

Anyway, the hypothetical multiplier for stacking the two would be a 1.1971271e+18x increase.
Oh i got it, sorry i am a little slow, but i believe it should be listed somewhere, pherhap in the powerscaling blog?

Back