• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Sonic Advance 2 Guide also has some quite.. interesting wording

image0.png

image0.png
Last thing I found today is from the Chronicles guide

image0.png

Big is called “one of the strongest and toughest friends Sonic has”

image1.png

And the existence of a “Fire Ring” Item, this item has no documentation on the Sonic Wiki or any sites about Unused content ether that I see, is this actually in the game?

I noticed that the Wiki’s Chaos page has ones from Sonic Forces Speed Battle in there, if that’s accepted there would be a lot of abilities from that Game not accounted for, like Amy having Ice stuff

I noticed that the Wiki’s Chaos page has ones from Sonic Forces Speed Battle in there, if that’s accepted there would be a lot of abilities from that Game not accounted for, like Amy having Ice stuff
On the Caliburn page for the Excalibur tab it also has stuff from that game

Last edited:

It's interesting to see how much SEGA changed in relation how Sonic should be used in other media

maybe one day I'll think of handling Sonic in the same way I handle Pokémon and Digimon... It just needs to be a bit more consistent lol

Makes sense to have the new game come out next year coinciding with the second movie and Sonic Prime. But the remaster of Sonic Colors...why?

Colors was the only main game to not have been re-released for PC, requiring you to straight up use emulators for the DS and Wii versions.

It's interesting to see how much SEGA changed in relation how Sonic should be used in other media

maybe one day I'll think of handling Sonic in the same way I handle Pokémon and Digimon... It just needs to be a bit more consistent lol

To try and answer this, I think Sega’s generally pretty strict, even in story content, but it depends on the branding, if it’s a new one like the Movie or Boom then there hands off, if it’s styled like Modern you’ll generally have some more oversight, like the Recent IDW comics or Post-Genesis Archie Sonic

Ian Flynn (the head writer for the Sonic Comics for more then a decade now and moved to IDW and wrote a episode for Sonic Boom) is also pretty trusted with the Sonic lore it seems since he’s going to personally write for the new Encyclopedia

there’s also just some weird canon holes where Tyson said the Mania adventure shorts were “choose your own canon” where you could see it or encore happening, but then also said you can see that mania adventures happens during Mania Encores Angel Island stage

Some stuff not mentioned or shown in the presentation itself. Jade Wisp from TSR is being added to Colours (Kinda alluded to during the announcement with artwork of it as well as it showing up in the teaser for the new animated stuff but not properly showed off), does the same thing it does in TSR makes you invisible and allows to phase through walls. Also a new mode where you race Metal Sonic for rewards.

I'm still shocked it took them this long to bring Colours to modern consoles and pc, Lost World got a pc port just 2 years after it's initial release not sure why it took a decade to do the same for Colours. Also it's about damn time they're finally making another re-release for Sonic 3, nice to see that they've either sorted out the legal shit with the soundtrack or are going with the prototype songs (They've done one of those, not sure which yet) in order to release it again.

nice to see that they've either sorted out the legal shit with the soundtrack or are going with the prototype songs (They've done one of those, not sure which yet) in order to release it again.
According to Leaks it’s a bit of both, they’ve sorted out the Legal stuff since the Legal team for the Jackson Estate changed in 2018, but are going to use new music as probably a part of there new agreement

If I had to guess, they agreed to give royalties If they use it again but won’t sue if they release the game without the music

Any other pages that have the abilities?, that would make it easier to sort through who needs the abilities
Though back on my question, anyone know how many Sonic pages have the speed battle abilities?, I’d be interested in making a crt about it

According to Leaks it’s a bit of both, they’ve sorted out the Legal stuff since the Legal team for the Jackson Estate changed in 2018, but are going to use new music as probably a part of there new agreement

If I had to guess, they agreed to give royalties If they use it again but won’t sue if they release the game without the music
Interesting new developments

Right now I know Chaos and Caliburn use it (though not Excalibur Sonic for some reason)

edit: seems Soul Surge and King’s Judgement aren’t on Caliburn’s profile actually only meteor charge

Back