• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Thing is we don’t know if it is real yet.
The internal code for the Video is “Sonic Rangers” a leak like this from January had the same info and predicted the Sonic Rangers name
image0.png

It’s most likely real

The internal code for the Video is “Sonic Rangers” a leak like this from January had the same info and predicted the Sonic Rangers name
image0.png

It’s most likely real

Well if it is, it sounds like it’s average at best anyways so idc.

I’d say it sounds, interesting I suppose, the leaks talk about how it was early in development so a lot can change (though having to be uncertain about it is disappointing of course)

I’d say it sounds, interesting I suppose, the leaks talk about how it was early in development so a lot can change (though having to be uncertain about it is disappointing of course)
It’s Sega so disappointment is expected with them. But we’ll see how accurate it turns out to be.
(Also praying they give us some good new hax and scaling)

It’s Sega so disappointment is expected with them. But we’ll see how accurate it turns out to be.
(Also praying they give us some good new hax and scaling)
Seems to have 1 on 1 combat and a skill tree so possibly some new abilities at least

I’d say I’m more optimistic about it then most

I’m taking the leaks with a shaker of salt but in the infinitesimal chance this is real it sounds like it’ll be an average to decent game

Though from a lore standpoint, the leaks seems to speak about a Human Ghost girl?, could this be the return of the human world of Sonic?, if not the decanonization of the two worlds stuff

Not a lore book

The Product description seems to disagree

Celebrate Sonic the Hedgehog's 30th anniversary with a full-color hardcover historical retrospective that explores nearly every one of the blue speedster's video game appearances! Dive deep into the extensive lore and exhaustive detail of each game in Sonic's ever-expanding universe - from the beloved SEGA Genesis to the most bleeding-edge video game consoles. This tome leaves no stone unturned, showcasing in-depth looks at the characters, settings, and stories from each exciting installment! Dark Horse Books and SEGA present the Sonic the Hedgehog Encyclo-Speed-ia - a must-have volume for any fan of Sonic, young or old!

Was never canon to being with
Considering it was told to be canon multiple times to Ian Flynn even by Yuji naka himself, even going into detail about how it’s “separate planets” I’d certainly say it’s internally canon for now, though they do not really seem to know how to enforce it and how to manage there games

The Product description seems to disagree

Celebrate Sonic the Hedgehog's 30th anniversary with a full-color hardcover historical retrospective that explores nearly every one of the blue speedster's video game appearances! Dive deep into the extensive lore and exhaustive detail of each game in Sonic's ever-expanding universe - from the beloved SEGA Genesis to the most bleeding-edge video game consoles. This tome leaves no stone unturned, showcasing in-depth looks at the characters, settings, and stories from each exciting installment! Dark Horse Books and SEGA present the Sonic the Hedgehog Encyclo-Speed-ia - a must-have volume for any fan of Sonic, young or old!
I would rather trust the author then promotional material, I wouldn't have high expectations on a super canon lore explanation, it's seems to just be Flynn's research, without too much guiding from Sega

I would rather trust the author then promotional material, I wouldn't have high expectations on a super canon lore explanation, it's seems to just be Flynn's research, without too much guiding from Sega

Yeah I agree there’s probably not going to be too much new stuff like the Zelda ones but I think it’s impressive he’s gotten this job and he does say in the second one there will be some explanations for the funkier stuff

image0.jpg
If I had to guess it’s a part of the customizable cosmetic things, there’s already a movie Boost thing

image0.jpg
If I had to guess it’s a part of the customizable cosmetic things, there’s already a movie Boost thing
It could also be the DS exclusive Red wisp

Perhaps some more stuff from the DS version could be there?

There being two versions of Earth contradicts the source material too hard, Two Worlds is non-canon no matter what WoG says

Reactions: JED
I think I’ve finalized two Sonic CRT’s and I think some of the ones currently ongoing has concluded, though since this is my first time, does the poster need to be the one to edit the pages?, the wiki editing thing feels complicated and I wouldn’t want to ruin anything

Seems these famitsu articles show a Tails Life icon

y_60af681d154e3.jpg

There are already confirmed Player Icons in the game though they don’t really match the life counter

image0.jpg

Seems these famitsu articles show a Tails Life icon

y_60af681d154e3.jpg

There are already confirmed Player Icons in the game though they don’t really match the life counter

image0.jpg
Where is the second screenshot from? The same article?

Where is the second screenshot from? The same article?
Not exactly sure, just seems to be around online and in articles

in terms of new abilities, since Metal Sonic has rival races perhaps he’ll use Wisp powers?, what Abilities could Sonic gain a resistance to then?

Not exactly sure, just seems to be around online and in articles

in terms of new abilities, since Metal Sonic has rival races perhaps he’ll use Wisp powers?, what Abilities could Sonic gain a resistance to then?
If he actually uses them and Sonic isn’t effected by the Wisps’s hax, basically whatever Wisps that they have in the game. As of rn, we don’t know if they’re adding any so it’s hard to say exactly.

If he actually uses them and Sonic isn’t effected by the Wisps’s hax, basically whatever Wisps that they have in the game. As of rn, we don’t know if they’re adding any so it’s hard to say exactly.
Something that springs to mind is transmutation and a possible durability upgrade with the black hole i think?

They are only adding Jade Ghost

What exactly are the standards for if Equipment is Standard or Optional?, there are a few things that bug me about Sonic’s optional equipment page like having Extreme Gear listed as optional or “the Muteki Monitor” which Muteki is literally just Japanese for Invincible, it’s not a distinct item from the Invincibility power up

the herb of toughness link is also just straight broken

Standard Equipment refers to items he carries on a regular basis while OE refers to one-time or occasional items.

Standard Equipment refers to items he carries on a regular basis while OE refers to one-time or occasional items.
I understand that yeah just some of these standard equipment stuff seems a bit odd with that standard like Sonic Crackers (appeared only once), Crystal Ring (appeared only once), Shahra's Ring, and Caliburn (both only appeared once, likely doesn’t even carry Caliburn anymore and left it in the King Arthur World)

Back