• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I used to be very iffy on MFTL+ back then, but most Rela/SoL/FTL feats and statements are very casual stuff. The only issue is that the gap between MFTL+ feats is so wide that it's hard to choose a number and stick with it; like there's Metal flying through space in Sonic 4...then there's Sonic Shuffle, Zero Gravity, Secret Rings, etc.

Laser did a thread. Mephistus calced the Eggman Negga spaceship speed in Rivals 1. Numerous people have tried to figure out the Metal Sonic's interplanetary travel.
Does the fact that the Super Peel Out/Maximum Overdrive amping acceleration rather than max speed change the scaling chain?

Laser did a thread. Mephistus calced the Eggman Negga spaceship speed in Rivals 1. Numerous people have tried to figure out the Metal Sonic's interplanetary travel.
Does the fact that the Super Peel Out/Maximum Overdrive amping acceleration rather than max speed change the scaling chain?
It does indeed change the scaling. I brought that up to the Sonic community here. That's going to be brought up in a CRT IIRC.

Still ironic most of our best speed feats, come from dubious games:

*Sonic Shuffle was meh.
*Sonic 4 was abandoned before all the episodes were finished.
*Sonic Rivals simple exists to bring Silver back into the fold and little else.

Vs debating has cognitively reprogrammed me to not care too much about the quality of a fictional setting as long as it has FEATS! What have I become!?!

I think that's one of the main reasons to why Sonic was portrayed as being far slower/weaker back then on vs shows and forums. The best feats are from the most obscure/worst games lol (Except Riders Zero Gravity cuz that one is goated).

I think that's one of the main reasons to why Sonic was portrayed as being far slower/weaker back then on vs shows and forums. The best feats are from the most obscure/worst games lol (Except Riders Zero Gravity cuz that one is goated).
You dare diss the Storybook games? Because those are pretty good too (not to mention Sonic 06 and Shadow the Hedgehog are more of hidden gems once you get used to them. The only actual BAD thing about Sonic 06 was the kiss scene, which was more weird than it was bad).

I heard rumours it would've either been based on ancient Greece or feudal era Japan but whenever I tried to find proof of these rumours it essentially devolved into "trust me bro".
There was a poll on the Sonic Facebook a REALLY long time ago asking what fans would want a third Storybook game’s theme to be and those were among the choices. That’s probably where the rumors came from

You dare diss the Storybook games? Because those are pretty good too (not to mention Sonic 06 and Shadow the Hedgehog are more of hidden gems once you get used to them. The only actual BAD thing about Sonic 06 was the kiss scene, which was more weird than it was bad).
06 has also the long loading screens too. Shadow missed a good opportunity with the morality system. It could've been it like Spiderman Webs of Shadows where the your decisions can influce which minor character attack/doesn't attack. In Shadow, no matter what faction you help, everyone will attack you just the same.

Hmm, I can see why GUN would continue to attack Shadow in the Hero/Neutral routes since the Commander hated him, but the Black Arms don't have much of a reason in the Dark ones.

06 has also the long loading screens too.
They weren’t as long as Fortnite.
Shadow missed a good opportunity with the morality system. It could've been it like Spiderman Webs of Shadows where the your decisions can influce which minor character attack/doesn't attack. In Shadow, no matter what faction you help, everyone will attack you just the same.
Yeah, Shadow the Hedgehog does have it’s flaws, I will admit that. But still, the graphics on it aged very well for a GameCube, PS2, and Xbox title.

Yeah, Shadow the Hedgehog does have it’s flaws, I will admit that. But still, the graphics on it aged very well for a GameCube, PS2, and Xbox title.
Especially for Gamecube. Don't forget the improved camera compared to the previous games, the easier grinding & the badass art.

Last edited:
Back