• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
StopTheSonicWank
Here's a preview of an animation I'm working on (yes, believe it or not, people actually believe Game Sonic is Universal in Base).

@ShakeResounding There was this guy called "super sonic multiverse" or something like that and I think one other person that claimed he was universal in base from beating Erazor Djinn in his base form (their first fight), restoring everything in generations and (what shadow said) taking hits from Time Eater in Base.

I think it comes from the interpretion that Nullspace is an infinite realm & Sonic scaling to Infinite,or something like that.

So now Universal Base Game Sonic is a thing outside the wiki... But then there's also people who think Sonic is a street leveler. Will we ever win? OvO

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
@ShakeResounding There was this guy called "super sonic multiverse" or something like that and I think one other person that claimed he was universal in base from beating Erazor Djinn in his base form (their first fight), restoring everything in generations and (what shadow said) taking hits from Time Eater in Base.
I've seen that guy.

Erazor isn't universal in base, only as Alf-Layla-Wa-Layla.

The full restoration was done in their super forms after Time Eater was defeated. Yeah, in base they do fix space by running, but it's limited to specific areas in the stages.

Time Eater, I brought that up as a joke but on top of that being an insane outlier, Eggman heavily implied he was holding it back by saying "that was just to soften you up."

WhatInTarnation
^Pretty much. Here's the other guy I was talking about "Seishin Overpowered" (also that brief misunderstood statement on how to beat Hit's timeskip which this dude "winglessangelful" seriously believes beating it is a speed feat which its not). They were arguing over if Sonic can beat Jiren. Which he can, but MOST DEFINITELY NOT in Base form.

At best Infinite would just be a glass cannon.

But lol Jiren overpowering Hit's time skip is just resistance to time stop, not infinite speed. Even then, it's stated that Hit's time skip is ineffective against stronger opponents in the manga, so I would think it's the same in the anime.

Super Sonic bodies Jiren.

There's also people who bring up Sonic X as a source for Sonic's power (looking at you Death Battle). It's funny b/c:

A) This guy uses Sonic X as a source, says he's only 700mph, but in that same anime, he outpaces lightning
WhatInTarnation2
which is A LOT faster than 700mph.
B) Base Sonic can beat Perfect Chaos and people who could lay waste to the surface. X is outdated on Sonic's power as it's from the Adventure Era.

I have heard it sometime when people argue it shouldn't scale to Solaris physical stats and he's a glass canon for getting hurt by Super forms

The infamous glass cannon argument I absolutely detest.

Solaris is a higher-dimensional being that devours universes like they're nothing and it's even stated standard attacks wouldn't work on him. But "he's a glass cannon" or "the hedgehogs could only beat him by attacking a weak spot so they don't scale."

His core is a weak spot because it contains his consciousness, not that it's somehow infinitely less durable than the rest of his body, now that would be ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back