• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Shadow Both are around 2x-3x stronger than in Base (Shadow stomping a horde Mephiles clones compared to Sonic clowning someone who stomped him in base), so good thinking on that. The match would probably be in favor of Shadow though, plus they do already have an Incon match.

Am I the only one that wanted Sonic to be a glass cannon in Smash? His attacks are kinda weak, and I wouldn´t mind Sonic becoming easier to launch in exchange for some more attack output

Hey, a convo I couldn't join because I was asleep

I'm just gonna say that I agree with maverick and violet that post forces Sonic is stronger than everyone except post forces unbound Shadow

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@VioletVoid100 And yet rather than getting left in the dust, Shadow can still fight evenly against Sonic.
That would certainly suggest Shadow also getting stronger.
Shadow is just a formidable opponent that while constantly fighting Sonic, Sonic just gets much more stronger since he does more training at various places (Sonic is an adventurer) than just at one place (GUN). And that could be a possibility for Shadow so you not completing wrong...but statistically Sonic always had the upper hand.

In Sonic Chronicles, Shadow even commented that Sonic's been training. Still, Shadow definitely has an advantage in fighting mentality with his willingness to use potent hax with Chaos Powers.

@Shake only to opponents he doesn't know. Shadow would use it towards Sonic, but what's stopping Sonic from using his own? After all, he did so in SA2. Spamming Chaos Control. "I'll use your technique...CHAOS CONTROL!"

@Shadow To be fair, Sonic can do it with a fake Emerald. Not as impressive, but still noteworthy considering Sonic only saw it once.

Not gonna lie, I think SEGA made Shadow too strong for his own good. He's supposed to be on the level of the other protagonists but he's so above them in almost every category (he has more experience, more hax, comparable speed and power to Sonic, has the uninhibited boost, more versatility, a better combat mindset, etc.) that there's no reason to have anyone else besides maybe Sonic himself do anything. And that's a hard maybe. It helps that he's an anti-hero but he's so prominent that my point above still stands.

@Cal I think they have about the same experience. Shadow's 50 years old, but he spent almost all of it inside that capsule in the GUN base. Shadow does have more has as well as a better combat mindset. The only thing I'd argue is Shadow having better versatility, I think Sonic takes that category handily.

Shadow is also way more resourceful and pragmatic too, using weapons he finds on the ground and being more prone to C2C combat rather than fancy acrobatics.

Still, Sonic and Shadow are always viewed as comparable despite all the advantages Shadow seems to have. Probably because every time Sonic fights Shadow, he always seems to take it seriously (Sonic Heroes aside).

@Cal SEGA made him to be the ultimate life form and Sonic's rival, so it makes sense why they made him jacked.

@Shake A fake Emerald is still an outside source of Chaos energy. Shadow himself is like a living powerhouse of Chaos energy.

ShakeResounding said:
@Cal I think they have about the same experience. Shadow's 50 years old, but he spent almost all of it inside that capsule in the GUN base. Shadow does have more has as well as a better combat mindset. The only thing I'd argue is Shadow having better versatility, I think Sonic takes that category handily.
Sonic only has versatility via compositing his stuff throughout the series. Shadow severely holds the category normally as he doesn't have to rely on items like Wisps or the Angel Amulet.

Heh, have you wondered what powers Shadow's hover shoes?

I always thought he would direct his own Chaos energy to them which acts as a fuel source.

@Cal Well, yeah. Sonic is the main man of the series, of course he's gonna have more stuff. Most prominently, Soul Surge isn't an item though. It effectively counters Shadow's Chaos Control (Time Slow, not Time Stop) as well as offering resurrection.

I do admit Shadow has a lot more naturally due to his varying Chaos Powers, no doubt.

My headcanon is that Shadow IS as fast as Sonic, but because of a defect in his creation he can't use it normally, so the air shoes fix that by helping him channel hi High Speed Energy

Another headcanon I heard once is that the shoes are a way to channel his true power like when he removes his limiters, only without killing him, there was also gonna be gloves and a chest armor for it, but Gerald couldn't make those in time

Topic: If you had to choose one ability from the main cast to make yours, which would it be? For instance, there's Sonic's super speed and athleticism, Shadow's space-time manipulation, Silver's psychokinesis, Blaze's pyrokinesis, Emerl/Metal Sonic's ability to copy skills at a glance, and so on.

I'd go with Silver's PK since it would make life slightly less taxing.

@Jeez, Mav, that's a damn good question. Kudos to you for making me think on it for like 5 minutes.

I'm definitely going with Sonic's ability here.

With Sonic's speed and athleticism, it would be significantly harder to get bored with something like that. No more laziness, breezing through physical activity, and a much more fun life. I could be just as much of an adventurer as he is, especially when you can go anywhere you want on the planet in the blink of an eye. That, and nothing would be able to touch me unless I wanted it to lol.

Space-time manipulation.

In a rush to get something done? Just stop time and you can work at a comfortable pace. Or you can go anywhere instantly by teleporting.

I would choose Eggman's smarts, only without the craziness

So I can finally feel smart and actually be smart

Though I would also pick Sonic's abilities, since not only I would have super speed, but also all the advantages that come with it, like super durability (so I don't burn into a crisp) and a sharpneded mind (since I need it to not run into things with at those speeds) etc

That and he also gets said space time powers, albeit on a lesser scale

Maverick Zero X said:
Topic: If you had to choose one ability from the main cast to make yours, which would it be? For instance, there's Sonic's super speed and athleticism, Shadow's space-time manipulation, Silver's psychokinesis, Blaze's pyrokinesis, Emerl/Metal Sonic's ability to copy skills at a glance, and so on.
I'd go with Silver's PK since it would make life slightly less taxing.
Sonic's super speed and agility. Always been a childhood dream of mine to have superspeed (thanks to Sonic). Also, I like traveling even though I don't have the money for it, so superspeed would be my quick ticket to do so.

@Shadow That video is proof we need another open world Sonic game besides Sonic Adventure & 06.

On another note, my gift from me to you, gents.
LetMeShowYouSuperSonicPower
Let me show ya 'Super Sonic Power'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back