• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow will always be Sonic's rival to me, there's something amazing about their rivalry that makes it nice to see, be it an hardcore fight or silly racing like in the promotional TSR comic, they're fun to watch

That rivalry is also responsible for one of my favorites scene ever, the ark showdown, it feels like a reversal from their relationship prior to that scene

Turbo is good though, feels like a better done Jet...years before he existed

@Maverick Boom Sonic is... I'll admit the show is way better than his debut game, and I like his personality for the most part. He's alright to me.

Now that i'm done fanboying/fangirling about him...

Boom Sonic is good, he's an interesting take on Sonic, he seems more relaxed version of Sonic who just enjoys life and is kinda lazy, he doesn't come across as an asshole to me(it bothers me when they say he is), in fact given how the village and his friends treat him sometimes, It's admirable he stays saving the island for so ******* long (kinda makes him sympathetic to me)

His design despite memes, it's actually really good and with a few touches he could pull of an older Sonic almost perfectly (I still headcanon he is older than hi sega counterpart)

And there's other stuff I like about him but can't really explain, let's jus say I really like him

UltimateFlare said:
Now that i'm done fanboying/fangirling about him...
Boom Sonic is good, he's an interesting take on Sonic, he seems more relaxed version of Sonic who just enjoys life and is kinda lazy, he doesn't come across as an asshole to me(it bothers me when they say he is), in fact given how the village and his friends treat him sometimes, It's admirable he stays saving the island for so ******* long (kinda makes him sympathetic to me)

His design despite memes, it's actually really good and with a few touches he could pull of an older Sonic almost perfectly (I still headcanon he is older than hi sega counterpart)

And there's other stuff I like about him but can't really explain, let's jus say I really like him
I actually like the Boom Design, but it's really just the face that throws it off. Like, if he had Modern Sonic's face, it would be a 10/10 for me.

Edit: Something like this
R4RvhwK

Not gonna lie, I've never had a problem with Boom Sonic. It's different, but it's not like SEGA is trying to reinvent him. I like the design and personality, and I think people could've treated him better if his games weren't garbage.

Sonic Topic: If Sonic was a more serious character with no joking attitude, but still held his beliefs like in canon, would you like his character less or more?

I actually had an headcanon for what Hyper Shadow would look like

His black fur is platinum like fanon Hyper Sonic, but his red marking shift colors like canon Hyper Sonic

I've always saw no reason for Shadow to no be able to go hyper. He already has a super form plus is supposed to be superior to Sonic in harnessing Chaos energy, right? He would have no problem tapping into the Super Emeralds if Sonic could.

It's less he can't do it and more he can't use them, the Super Emeralds and Hyper Form were written out/retconned out of the series, so Shadow can't use them because they don't exist now

The way how Iizuka explained why they non-canon is dubious at most. This is the same guy who said there are two Sonic worlds: a human world and a one with furries or something.

They said they wanted to drop out the Dragon Ball comparasions, so one of those steps was getting rid of ascended forms

Though the Super Emeralds not existing is easier to swallow than the two worlds thing

But seriously? DB comparisons? That's the most BETA shit ass excuse I've ever witnessed! They could just...you know.....not care? It's not that Sonic and DB are even that close to similarities in the first place.

Two characters that constantly gather seven mystical artifacts to unleash some kind of ultimate power, and has an unleashed form that turns their hair big and yellow.

I could not even begin to see how people could make that comparison. I mean, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back