• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic General Discussion Zone 17: Sonic Covfete (I'm the best Sonic fan on this site!)

UltimateFlare said:
So I remembered that Post SGW Sonic has in his speed justification "follows the game continuity to an extent" and the other shit.
Shouldn't that part be removed? Since we don't scale characters to their other counterparts, otherwise IDW Sonic would also be FTL.
In fact, there's a big difference. Post SGW is not scaled to Game Sonic, but to the events of Game Sonic. The events of the games of Sonic, for the most part, occurred in the SGW Storyline in the same way as in the games, including the games that guarantee the Sonic its FTL feats like Sonic Colors DS.

It is different from IDW because in IDW, games are not canonical to IDW. In Archie, it was specified that game events occurred in the storyline, but in IDW it is specified that only "similar events" occurred in the storyline that only serves to already have an established senary.

The difference is that in one the games are canonical (Archie), while in the other games events are only similar but not canonical (IDW).

It was specified that they're the same as the canon games? It's kinda hard to believe for me since early on they established that some of the events of the old continuity happened, plus all the characters that don't apear in the games.

@ShadowWarrior well I thought it was MFTL cause people brought that up as if it make Sonic faster than Mario, at least that seemed.

@DaBoi that's true.

@UltimaFlare Yes. The only games that did not occur in the storyline were Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Lost World and Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood. Ian also explained that even with Unleashed not having occurred, Generations still occurred because of "time travel".

@DaBoiWhoOwnsMods And it is, the issue is that in Archie it was specified that games are canonical, while in IDW it is specified that games are not canonical, and that they just "occurred in a similar way" to what they had in the comic. It's a completely different position. At Archie, Ian always said "the games happened," while at IDW what is said is "the games did not happen, it's just a world that has gone through similar stories."

Not just Ian, like everyone working at IDW and even those working directly with SEGA. Specifically, the last time he had the interview with Sonic Team, someone asked about Sonic IDW and it was said that "Both worlds are different, however the IDW follows a story that is very similar to that of the games, but it is still their own history with its own rules ".

Being more specific, the IDW Sonic editor said that the worlds are indeed similar, and it is said that they do not follow the same story, because so the Sonic IDW can establish things that contradict the games without having to explain how the games still may have occurred in that world. Which was, in fact, a constant criticism of Archie since Ian always had to explain how games were still going on in that world even with all the original content. In my opinion, this time Ian just wanted to get rid of the toxic fans who live asking questions about it.

ShakeResounding said:
After that 5-B stuff, all there is left to do is that pesky base speed upgrade. Then I wouldn't mind having a break lol
And 4-A super forms, and the super forms speed upgrade

So, uh... Big question. How do we handle the 5-B thread?

After all of this debating we kinda gotta go back and get that settled, don't we?

Most of the staff including Dark agrees so we just upgrade them, especialy since the arguments of the oposition were debunked

Personally think Sonic doesn't scale to an Emerald, let alone four of them, but I'm perfectly okay with 5-B. Just, baseline.

The real cal howard said:
Personally think Sonic doesn't scale to an Emerald, let alone four of them, but I'm perfectly okay with 5-B. Just, baseline.
Sonic has beaten multiple people that were powered by the emeralds, he definaly scales to at least one, Knuckles beat Chaos 2 by himself

Dark saying you can do it isn't exactly enough given who's opposing. A bureau, sure. But Dark has as much say as I do, and I doubt I'd be allowed to give the go on this.

Obviously no offense to Dark of course.

Shadow took care of Emerl after he absorbed one as well. Even if we don't scale them to four, one should probably suffice.

The only qualm I have is that Sonic should be capable of reverting problems an individual Emerald caused no problem, alongside Eggrobo in general (Emerald level fodder).

Sooo, is the debate done and upgrades going through? I mean, like Dark said, majority agrees and the arguments against it fell flat.

Dark saying you can do it isn't exactly enough given who's opposing. A bureau, sure. But Dark has as much say as I do, and I doubt I'd be allowed to give the go on this.
Lemme be honest, and I have no ill-intent towards anyone when I say this.

DDM was waiting for Matt's opinion. Matt isn't commenting despite all of us waiting a day or so for him. If he had anything new to bring to the table, I really do think that there's no insight left to gain from waiting.

Back