• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic General Discussion Zone 17: Sonic Covfete (I'm the best Sonic fan on this site!)

At risk of questioning everything about Archie Sonic on this site, why is Sonic undoing the SGW a post genesis feat? I get that it is technically post genesis when he does it, but the wave didn't affect him, so he was still his pre genius self. Strictly speaking, the post genesis reality as we know it didn't exist until after Sonic's chaos control.

Why are the Sword or Acorns and Sword of Light listed as standard equipment? Sonic has only used each once and neither belong to him. As a side note, he also isn't super adept with the SoA, he's only able to affect people in his immediate vicinity.

Also what was the conclusion of that "pre great harmony vs post great harmony emeralds" debate? Because depending on the result of that, there could be problems with scaling the Super Emeralds. (I also think listening the Super Emeralds as standard equipment is dubious but I digress)

I'm also just curious, is "resisting Finitevus hex" Sonic only showing of resisting mind hax?

@Foney

Can't speak on Post-Gen so idk.

SoA and SoL shouldn't be SE. That's gonna be fixed soon.

Idk about Pre/Post GH. Super Emeralds also aren't SE, that's being fixed soon too.

I think he has maybe 3/4 more feats somewhere, but I can't remember all that well.

But definitely don't replace the main Sonic render. It's been less than 24 hours since it got changed.

Just checked the render and it looks ass. However wanted this has shit taste in art and shouldn't take their opinion as fact lol. Btw, this art representing Sonic>>>>>the trash we have representing Sonic.

Also this art of Shadow is better than the new render we have of him rn.

Silver is fine, but I can find better pics obviously.

You know, you should be more wise in how you word things. Maverick was the one that requested it and if it wasn't for him we would've had much harder time getting the 5-B upgrades. So be more tactful thank you.

I agree that the current Modern one is... Less than spectacular.

Still, adding the Adventure Era ones to every profile is probably the best option. We keep the Modern ones (mayne replace Sonic's cuz times), as we ll as keep the 3D renders. Boom, both sides are happy and we have a jolly good time!

I'm pretty sure Mav didn't request it tho. He has one lined up and everything.

Edit: Nevermind.

@Violet If you think that one's bad, you should've seen the one that was there for a day or two lol

ShakeResounding said:
I agree that the current Modern one is... Less than spectacular.

Still, adding the Adventure Era ones to every profile is probably the best option. We keep the Modern ones (mayne replace Sonic's cuz times), as we ll as keep the 3D renders. Boom, both sides are happy and we have a jolly good time!
I'm fine with this.

MYHERO said:
You know, you should be more wise in how you word things. Maverick was the one that requested it and if it wasn't for him we would've had much harder time getting the 5-B upgrades. So be more tactful thank you.
If I spend more time on this site and got my data and info on Sonic in time, I could've gotten Sonic at Tier 5 long ago. And just maybe got him to 2-B too. But I be busy and such. Also Maverick I know him and I don't have an opinion on him other than his tastes and other stuff.

Still doesn't change the fact Maverick was the one that did it, but I digress.

Are you able to agree with shake's compromise?

But those aren't just "Adventure Era" art styles. And what's with fans calling Adventure Era Sonic, Classic Sonic, and Modern Sonic? Sonic is Sonic and he's gone though all those adventures and remembers them obviously. Maybe it's made to differentiate the two? Maybe? But for Adventure Sonic though? He's just Modern Sonic. I mean he's supposedly Modern Sonic since that's what SEGA was going for to begin with.

And I'm saying you can't just change the renders for your own personal tastes when there are others in on this.

Okay.

Current Sonic Render: Dabooty, MYHERO

Sonic channel: Violet

Don't fight: Axiom (cool name by the way)

**** both of you: Shake

Vote

Foneybone1 said:
At risk of questioning everything about Archie Sonic on this site, why is Sonic undoing the SGW a post genesis feat? I get that it is technically post genesis when he does it, but the wave didn't affect him, so he was still his pre genius self. Strictly speaking, the post genesis reality as we know it didn't exist until after Sonic's chaos control.

Why are the Sword or Acorns and Sword of Light listed as standard equipment? Sonic has only used each once and neither belong to him. As a side note, he also isn't super adept with the SoA, he's only able to affect people in his immediate vicinity.

Also what was the conclusion of that "pre great harmony vs post great harmony emeralds" debate? Because depending on the result of that, there could be problems with scaling the Super Emeralds. (I also think listening the Super Emeralds as standard equipment is dubious but I digress)

I'm also just curious, is "resisting Finitevus hex" Sonic only showing of resisting mind hax?
Worlds Collide happens in both continuities down to the very last detail,the only thing different is how Eggman & Wily meet because of Time Eater.Technically Sonic keeps rebooting his multiverse in an endless loop which is kinda weird,but it happens.

RCO012 1468858462
RCO013 1468858462

ShakeResounding said:
@Violet Yeah, it's just to differentiate them. Classifying it as Classic, Adventure, and Modern is all just for convenience.
Well leave Classic cause I'm mainly talking about Sonic splitting up into Adventure and Modern when they're both the same Sonic

I mean the Adventure and Modern eras are indeed fanmade terms but it's not like it's without merit moreover I'm sure it's been done to death on why both are treated differently despite both being well... Sonic! (cough... playable Knuckles and Tails in a main-series 3D game when?...cough).

As for the pictures on the character profiles, Idm what's decided as long as unnecessary drama is avoided.

Back