• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I unironically like VioletVoid. Can get...confrontational, to say the least, but anyone to to talk to is a benefit. Furthermore, talking to him, I don't have to make myself be nice...let me explain that better. Talking to Shake or Shadow, I feel bad if I snap off, or attempt to go against them. But Void, being someone who does that as well, I can talk unabated. Kinda like a form of matching wit.

Well, he is the face of one of the most influential and successful video game companies of all time.

Moral of the story: Nearly every person here is glad you decided to join us, Void.

I have a Discord, but I rarely go on it and usually just leave the account to collect dust. I wouldn't mind going on it here and there tho, I'm just always so busy on here and other sites lol

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@VioletVoid100 While not as much as Sonic, I do like Mario.
This is why I hate the living hell out of you. You don't deserve to be called "ShadowWarrior1999". Shadow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mario the incel

Starter Pack said:
Well, he is the face of one of the most influential and successful video game companies of all time.
BOY! Just cause he's "The face of Gaming" don't mean shit. He hasn't done anything super grand in his games since Odyssey and that's a "meh" just like Sonic Fandomania. His games aren't even that good in story and the RPGs are the closest we'll get to a good Mario story. I said "Close" cause other series do better. Sonic, Mega Man, Mortal Kombat, Persona/SMT, Zelda, even Scribblenauts. Tfw Maxwell has more character than a fat, 30 year old incel that most likely smells like shit since he's a plumber.

Doing that without the spaces automatically locks in your username and uses it. Quote and learn.

User is a sexy and totally gender neutral beast.

If it's not that, I got no idea.

I'm not going to look at a playthrough of a game that;s basically an outlier to the argument on Mario having any good story or writing. And tell me this: Are there any other games after and before that game where Mario games even had a good story?

Exactly.

The tennis games actually have a deep and intricate lore that explores the downsides of democracy while openly pushing towards communism to advance the human race into a species of supergeniuses. But of course, this is a Sonic thread so I will cease this topic to prevent anybody from raising an eyebrow at the best storytelling in a videogame since Pac Man.

I mean...it worked. You did trigger me. I gotta make a response now.

Stories don't make a game. Otherwise 95% of the NES era is terrible. Gameplay makes a good game, which is why Mario's more widely beloved than Sonic. A game doesn't need a story. It never did. Many of the original Mega Man games didn't have a story. Metroid 1, Zelda 1, Kirby 1, etc. didn't have much of a story either. And the plumber has dozens of acclaimed games while the hedgehog has approximately a single dozen. Take Secret Rings. The game has a decent story at best, but the gameplay is terrible. Plus, let's not forget that Sonic hasn't had the best record when it comes to successful stories either. You can keep your opinion obviously but like...there's a clear showing of quality you're missing in the games. I'd rather take overrated and still good than just okay.

ShakeResounding said:
Doing that without the spaces automatically locks in your username and uses it. Quote and learn.

Why did I have to be the example for that?

ShakeResounding said:

What?! XD

@Cal I can openly admit on Mario overall having better gameplay than Sonic. I do think having a good story though can at least partially redeem a game if it has terrible gameplay, because if the gameplay is bad but if there's a good story, the player could still play the game out because they are interested to see how it goes. Then again, I'm probably saying this because I like stories.

@Modern/Ed Put { { USERNAME } } without the spaces, it's a new feature added to the wiki that automatically uses your username. I gotcha tho, so ha!

Shake: 1

Modern/Ed: 0

@Cal Sonic's had more than just a dozen, saying that would be very inaccurate. I was even making a list, but my post refreshed and I don't wanna do it again.

I gotta agree with Cal,an oscar worthy story isn't saving trainwreck mechanics,but fantastic gameplay completely nullifies a bad or non-existent story.Too many games currently have that very issue,they're "Cinematic Experiences" yet their gameplay is boring or just plain sucks.Games are called games for a reason.

ShakeResounding said:
@Modern/Ed Put { { USERNAME } } without the spaces, it's a new feature added to the wiki that automatically uses your username. I gotcha tho, so ha!
Shake: 1

Modern/Ed: 0
That still doesn't answer my question

But that ''was'' the answer. Everybody saw it as their own name in that post. Unless you're being sarcastic and you're messing with me.

Mario is....eh. it was one of the only games that my mom would willingly play with me when I was younger and I had Mario 64 DS, but as I got older and saw the several "New" Games come out they generally looked....samey. Not to mention I wasn't that big of a Nintendo fan or platformers, in fact I think Sonic is the only platformer I play iirc, everything else is JRPGs, Action Games, or Fighting Game And Rhythm Game soley because of Persona 3 Dancing Maybe if I had a Gamecube when I was little instead of a PS2/1 and a Xbox I'd be singing a different tune.

I...honestly don't really care about that anymore.

BTW, even though I don't like him...would it be ok if I make a profile for Light Mobius Archie Sonic?

I mean, wouldn't he be Prime Sonic except weaker and with almost all the same abilities?

Meaning fair and balanced.

ShakeResounding said:
Sonic Topic: Excluding Sonic, which character within the gameverse do you think has the best potential for a standalone game?
Tbh I would like a modern Knuckles Chaotix 2

Back