• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Random RWBY CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I assume by posting that video you are chosing to drop the claim that there's no conflict between a process of releasing energy and a process of withdrawing it?

So how exactly do you plan on reconciling that statement with the displayed feat?

You posted the explosion feat but that's not where the 8-A comes from. It came from the calc that I posted of Weiss creating an ice structure to harm the mech.

That feat was done by freezing, and you're using that output to scale to the Dust canisters exploding.

These are two seperate processes. Each process is done using a completely different method of energy transferral.

Universal energy source isn't even an argument here because the two processes above are fundamentally different.

You posted the explosion feat but that's not where the 8-A comes from. It came from the calc that I posted of Weiss creating an ice structure to harm the mech.

That feat was done by freezing, and you're using that output to scale to the Dust canisters exploding.

These are two seperate processes. Each process is done using a completely different method of energy transferral.

Universal energy source isn't even an argument here because the two processes above are fundamentally different.
Yes, because Dust is a universal energy source. Doesnt matter that theyre two different processes as the energy used to perform both feats is the same energy, the only difference is application. The freezing feat was done by Weiss controlling the Ice Dust using her Aura, letting her utiliz its energy to freeze th water directly, whereas in the scene with th lancer she detonated it in its raw form to create an explosion

If we want an analogy for this sort of universal energy system thing, here we go. I'll make it even easier and not use freezing so both processes are just energy output.

Say I got some RDX. That's an explosive and the main ingredient in C4. Got a lot of stored up chemical energy that it can release in a reaction.

Now say I heat up that RDX with a blowtorch or something. Let's say that I'm somehow in no danger of setting it off or igniting it, I am simply putting my fuel at a higher temperature. Actually, we can just say that it's heated up to a temperature too low to cause fire or anything possible of igniting it, it helps me prove my point a bit better.

So we got our RDX that's at let's say 100 degrees Fahrenheit because I'm carrying it around on a hot and sunny day. Any ATF members reading this, please look away. I don't want anyone throwing flashbangs into baby cradles or shooting dogs near me. This RDX, being kinda hot, would output a bit of heat if juxtaposed with a cooler object. This RDX detonating would output a whole lotta heat and force. We got one source facilitating an energy output in two different ways.

So my question to you universal energy source fans here would be as follows: Would you be in support of ignoring reality and saying that my hot RDX is actually outputting heat equivalent to its explosive output, probably implying that it's actually scorching everything around it despite only being 100 degrees? If so, why?

I don't think you understand. An explosion releases energy, freezing takes away energy. Universal energy source argument would only work if both processes do the same thing.

If the energy source I use to move clouds is the same energy source I use to shoot spells at you it scales because both are an output of energy.

Freezing fundamentally can't scale to energy release because that's not what it does.

I don't think you understand. An explosion releases energy, freezing takes away energy. Universal energy source argument would only work if both processes do the same thing.

If the energy source I use to move clouds is the same energy source I use to shoot spells at you it scales because both are an output of energy.

Freezing fundamentally can't scale to energy release because that's not what it does.
Yes freezing stuff its about dispersing heat/energy, however it is also true that for things like refrigerators need energy to generate cold, its not like they can work without electricity.

Freezing objects (especially in a matter of seconds) does requid a lot of energy, unless you want to say that everyone who had Ice Manipulation are also able to erase energy.

Yes freezing stuff its about dispersing heat/energy, however it is also true that for things like refrigerators need energy to generate cold, its not like they can work without electricity.

Freezing objects (especially in a matter of seconds) does requid a lot of energy, unless you want to say that everyone who had Ice Manipulation are also able to erase energy.
Chill boyo, we're gonna work with the fire dust feat from the Lancer fight instead to save everyone a collective headache

But the energy required to do this is not linear with the cooling done. And you know, refrigerators use a chemical reaction that's not really equitable to nearly anything else (making a liquid become gas in a manner that causes it to remove heat from its surroundings, this specifically needing the compound refrigerant to be achieved).ú

Edit: The fire stuff should work from a glance, though.

Wow, what a shock, a bunch of people came out saying they disagree with the multiplier. Almost like it wasn’t discussed about at all and was instead assumed to be accepted.

Anyway, so are they getting downgraded to 8-B off of that calc now or what.

I mean after discussion the people who were initially against it are now in agreement so no, they're staying 8-A with post-beacom being potentially upgraded to 8-B via the new calc
Like who? Wokistan and Sir Ovens seem to be in quite heavy disagreement that the calc scales to anyone at all due to the different processes of energy usages: exploding vs freezing.

Like who? Wokistan and Sir Ovens seem to be in quite heavy disagreement that the calc scales to anyone at all due to the different processes of energy usages: exploding vs freezing.
They did, which is why we decided to use the fire dust explosions from the same fight scene instead, which they both agreed with using instead of the ice feat and which still came out to 8-A

By the dust canisters as there is fire dust inside those crates and one fire dust can did that 8-B feat. As fire dust is like gunpowder so if one can of it can do the 8-B feat then 13 is 8-A if that makes sense

But 14 tons times 13 is 185.913 tons

Last edited:
By the dust canisters as there is fire dust inside those crates and one fire dust can did that 8-B feat. As fire dust is like gunpowder so if one can of it can do the 8-B feat then 13 is 8-A if that makes sense

But 14 tons times 13 is 185.913 tons
Yeah, I know that. But the value given above was 600+?

Status
Not open for further replies.