• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So while reading through some of the profiles, I noticed there are alot of resistances that are on certain profiles are there as they scale from other character's resistances.

For example Dante, Sparda, and Argosax all have the Underworld resistances, as well as having resistance to time stomp due to scaling from Mundus' generals.

I'm kind of wondering if we could argue some resistances to scale to the other characters as well. For example Dante was able to resist Chen's precognition by "getting serious", which could imply simply powering up made him resistant to it? This could imply a serious Vergil, or Mundus would be resistant as well if that is the case. As well as Argosax's Space-Time manipulation (This could be argued much more as Mundus and Argosax actually went to war implying they've fought, so Mundus would have had to resist his Space-Time hax to even stand a chance.)

Also another thing, Dante has Deconstruction listed on his guns. The resistances for this would need to be sorted out as well for character's that can tank shots from Ebony and Ivory. And it may even be possible some characters who tanked the shots could be argued to have Low-Godly regen.

They resist Time Stop by the guides statements, not because of Mundus Generals Underworld resistance fits for every demon and some others since they all are from the Demon World and/or are unaffected by the passives from there

Deconstruction isn't passive for Eby&Ivy, so tanking shots from it doesn't mean foi resist Decon

We have multiple statements for Vergil and Dante having the same natural power, that's why they scale to each other and to Sparda, we discussed this on DMC's Discord and it will be a CRT

Dante Demon Killah said:
They resist Time Stop by the guides statements, not because of Mundus Generals
Underworld resistance fits for every demon and some others since they all are from the Demon World and/or are unaffected by the passives from there

Deconstruction isn't passive for Eby&Ivy, so tanking shots from it doesn't mean foi resist Decon

We have multiple statements for Vergil and Dante having the same natural power, that's why they scale to each other and to Sparda, we discussed this on DMC's Discord and it will be a CRT
Whats the CRT going to bring exactly?

Having Sparda, Vergil, Dante and Nero share resistances as they come all down thanks to Sparda's blood/heritage.

The E&I hax scales to no one as no one has tanked a shot in canon AFAIK.

Tony di bugalu said:
Having Sparda, Vergil, Dante and Nero share resistances as they come all down thanks to Sparda's blood/heritage.
The E&I hax scales to no one as no one has tanked a shot in canon AFAIK.
Ah I see. Well that confirms a bit of my suspicions (Certain characters sharing resistances)

But about the Decon hax. It isn't passive?

AFAIK, no, he needs to actively use it.

The others are because demons are inmune to the beasthead stuff along with being naturally born or wander in the underworld at least once without getting ****** by the passive hax it has.

Ahhh. Thought it would have been a passive thing, kinda like his Soul Hax.

Well anyways that clears thing sup then. Sparda, Vergil, Dante, and Nero would have their resistances scale to eachtoher via Blood connection.

Yeah, something like that but there are certaing things that I don't know if they should scale.

For example the full passives Argosax has as he only had control of the demon world when Mundus got sealed and only Dante has shown to be able to resist them, twice.

Or the Precog as only Dante has encountered a host of the beastheads that may be actually stronger than their creator.

So far I'm neutral on what the CRT may bring up as scaling everybody to each other thanks to their blood connection may seen as not having enough proof or something like that.

Errr, something like that but it depends on what else they put on the CRT, like something from trinity of fates that says Vergil and Dante are equals and two sides of the same coin or smt like that.

I remember that in the manga he also mentions something similar, he was supposed to be just a son, but finally the twins Dante and Vergil were born, so they both share almost the same powers, but IDK.

Arkham in the manga said Dante and Vergil have the same face and the same powers but because of their personalities they use them in different ways

Yeah, we talked over this in the DMC Discord.

Long story short, we agree that certain resistances and powers can be scaled between Sparda's heritage, we just need to make the CRT and argument for it.

Of course, there's powers that shouldn't scale because of Dante eventually using different sources than his natural abilities, but anything that he can do without devil arms/items it's likely that the others can too, they just haven't or don't want to, or they've never had to resist the ability.

I suppose it makes sense if there are sources that say they have the same skills, considering that it also depends on the type of power you want to add, since in the case of Dante, many are through their DAs that Vergil obviously does not possess, but I suppose that as for the resistances, some would be comparable.

Back