• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Multiversal to Interdimensional Range revision since we changed the definitions (Skulduggery Pleasant, Death Mage, 100 Cheat Skills)

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
A while ago we changed definitions such that going to other universes, but not to every place in those universes, is interdimensional range instead of multiversal range. Recently I noticed that I have a number of characters who should hence have interdimensional range instead. Let's update those.

Not quite sure what to include as evidence, since the whole point is that the characters don't have feats of going everywhere in the multiverse. Devil's proof and all that. So I guess this will function on the basis of "if someone disagrees they should bring evidence".

Darquesse

Shunting gets you to an equivalent place in another universe, not to a different place. Teleportation gets you only to places you have seen. And for her portals we don't know.
So aside from her last key, I don't think we know the universal distance part, so that she should be ranked as interdimensional instead.

Toujou Karuna

As his range description says, his range comes from summoning the goddesses of reincarnation, who take people between various universes when reincarnating things. Feat-wise this means from Earth to other world's planet, so this should be interdimensional.

Vandalieu

This is a weird one.
Van's Abyss skill is ranked Low Multiversal due to the events of Chapter 126.

There he is attacked by someone in Rodcorte's Divine Realm, which exists outside the universe of Lambda (and in general not in any universe of the multiverse).
Even from Aran and Izumi’s point of view, information about Vandalieu and Talosheim was so limited that they were desperate to know more about them.

And this was a Divine Realm. It was a space that was isolated from Lambda.

Even if they used Clairvoyance to look at Vandalieu, Vandalieu himself would never notice. And even in the near-impossible event that he did, he wouldn’t be able to do anything about it.
Then they attack Vandalieu with a vision related ability, which he can reflect with the Abyss skill to ultimately kill them.
“I guess reflecting the damage from cardiopulmonary arrest with Abyss doesn’t have much effect on someone with no physical body,” Vandalieu said.
“Well then, I’ll use any method available as well.”

Before Vandalieu even finished speaking, the face of Konoe Miyaji, which was twisted with murderous intent, fell apart. It scattered into very small pieces, disappearing like particles of light.

The other reincarnated individuals stopped moving, and then the image of them disappeared.

“It seems that by fusing with Zadiris and everyone else, I was able to reflect the damage for everyone with the Abyss skill and overcome the enemy’s limit,” Vandalieu said.
I'm not sure if by current standards Multiversal is right, or Interdimensional is.

It technically should always hit specifically just the spot of the enemy, as it is a reflection skill. I have my doubts that it matters where in a different universe the enemy is for this, though.

What do you think?

Obsidian

Obsidian can open portals, but I have looked at the quotes when checking this and concluded that it's rather speculative to even rate them as interdimensional. The only reason I could come up with in retrospect for that rating is that presumably, he left somewhere after he erased the whole universe. But we have no real confirmation of that, so I would argue it's best to just erase that rating from the profile altogether.

Is it appropriate to characterize this as range rather than an attack reflection alone? I agree with your reasoning that the location is likely irrelevant.
As much as I would personally agree that the skill reflecting the technique probably just makes use of the range of the technique it is reflecting, I have the feeling that would likely result in a NLF? Like, it might be a stretch to say it could do the same for an attack traveling through 10 dimensions.
It's probably at least relevant to note that it can work in a multiversal direction, rather than just through 3D space. (In fact IIRC I added that rating after having a debate where it was argued that without it, the ability wouldn't reflect to other universes and pocket dimensions...)

Like, it might be a stretch to say it could do the same for an attack traveling through 10 dimensions.
I feel like we can probably conclude that it would indeed reflect the attack, and if the attack is such that it would/can travel through dimensions then it would probably retain that property. I see your point, but I think it's probably on the tamer side of potential NLFs.

It's probably at least relevant to note that it can work in a multiversal direction, rather than just through 3D space. (In fact IIRC I added that rating after having a debate where it was argued that without it, the ability wouldn't reflect to other universes and pocket dimensions...)
Yeah I agree.

Yeah I agree.
So, for that purpose, how would you list it? Interdimensional? Multiversal? Or should I just add some explanation without a rating like "Abyss can reflect attacks even if they come from outside of 3-dimensional space like from other universes"?

So, for that purpose, how would you list it? Interdimensional? Multiversal? Or should I just add some explanation without a rating like "Abyss can reflect attacks even if they come from outside of 3-dimensional space like from other universes"?
I think probably the latter.

just change it to interdimensional range, i remember there is proposal for extradimensional range for these cases but well, currently just interdimensional range
having additional note is not really that bad

Back