• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
After my time was eaten up by other stuff those past few days I should really get back to the more important threads... by I will throw a short revision of my characters in-between, because I feel motivated to do so. Will be a short one, though, as I shouldn't invest too much time, I guess.

So with that, we get to the third part of me working through my feat pile.

Apply Calc​

This calc has been approved. That should scale to everybody that can fight the mimic humans or later the demigods, like the kind Vandalieu fought in recent chapters... and that's everyone we currently have profiles for.

Drill projectiles + far above baseline poison + Demon King's venom gland​

As if in response, Vandalieu raised his right hand. “Deploy cannon.”
A red-black fluid, the blood of the Demon King, gushed out from his hand and coagulated in a cylindrical shape. Vandalieu then activated the Demon King’s oviduct.
“‘Strengthen Lethality,’” he murmured, spending multiple hundred times the amount of Mana that this spell would normally cost. “Fire.”
With the lethality-enhancing enchantment applied to the eggs produced by the oviduct, Vandalieu used ‘Telekinesis’ to accelerate their velocity and launch them as cannonballs.
“‘Magic Steel Wall!’” one of the Mimic Humans who had survived the beam of light shouted.
“‘Ice Magic Armor!’ ‘Shield of Earth!’” shouted another.
With defensive spells cast, the Mimic Humans formed a shield in front of Goldie, and a third with the form of a Troll let out a roar as it joined them.
However, the egg projectile had a drill-like shape, similar to the egg of a bullhead shark. It penetrated the first Mimic Human right through the shield it was holding, and the Troll-form Mimic Human behind it collapsed, succumbing to the venom inside it, which had been secreted by the Demon King’s venom gland.
《You have acquired the ‘Death-attribute Magic’ Skill!》
“So, he’s firing venom-filled projectiles. Each projectile has a large amount of venom, and it is so toxic that it is dangerous even if you have the ‘Poison Resistance’ Skill at Level 10,” said the Mimic Human with the appearance of Goldie’s father. “What will we do, Goldie? At this rate, you are just expending Skills –
(Chapter 266)

This adds that the eggs can have a drill shape, that the venom gland is a thing that does what one would suspect and that the venom produced can take effect even through 10 levels of resistance against poison.

Sniping​

“Fire,” said Vandalieu.
The barrel of his cannon narrowed, firing a precise projectile like a sniper rifle. The attack found a small gap past the fake Darcia.
(Chapter 266)

Van can use his cannons as a sniper as well.

Thread Projectiles with sturdy sharp threads​

“No, I think we’ve had enough,” said Vandalieu, dematerializing his cannon barrel and pulling his arm back.
In the next moment, Goldie was bewildered by a powerful force pulling him towards Vandalieu. Looking closely, there were a number of thin, transparent threads attached to his body.
“You put threads in those projectiles?!” Goldie shouted.
“After all, if it’s possible to take back my Skills, it would be best to,” said Vandalieu. “For now, let’s try devouring you.”
The threads were made with the Demon King’s silk glands and pulled with a monstrous strength that one wouldn’t expect Vandalieu to be able to produce given his appearance; Goldie had no opportunity to resist being pulled at all.
Goldie’s wounded partner and the other Mimic Humans immediately attempted to cut the threads, but the threads created by a fragment of the Demon King could not be cut by average attacks or bladed weapons. The partner, who was wielding the treasured sword, was unable to move due to his wounds and Baldiria’s incoming attacks; a Mimic Human in the form of an Ogre attempted to cut the threads with its arms and was dumbfounded to find that its own arms had been cut by the threads instead.
(Chapter 266)

Just a new combination of existing powers.

Vandalieu's shadow can act separately from him​

With that, Vandalieu disappeared, and Goldie could only watch, unable to even let out a shout in time as he realized his mistake.
Vandalieu’s shadow remained on the ground, and ‘reinforcements’ emerged from it in quick succession, throwing a flurry of kunai.
(Chapter 266)
As we see here, Vandalieu can leave his shadow behind if he wants.

Seems fine, though since the calc of that feat was finally done I wanted to ask, what was again the motive of why the feat of Edgar dodging Vandalieu beam from close distance isn't calculated? That's a supporting feat for the relativistic ratings and could even give better result (since the distance between them was practically zero as Edgar had his dagger piercing Van head).

Seems fine, though since the calc of that feat was finally done I wanted to ask, what was again the motive of why the feat of Edgar dodging Vandalieu beam from close distance isn't calculated? That's a supporting feat for the relativistic ratings and could even give better result (since the distance between them was practically zero as Edgar had his dagger piercing Van head).
IIRC that feat had potential to be aim dodging.

IIRC that feat had potential to be aim dodging.
Ehhh, the words of Van and his surprise would suggest it wasn't really aim dodging but fair enough, just using the mimic humans feat is fine, though for curiosity since I don't remember now (due to read it years ago and still be around sixty chapter behind that part in the rereading) but mimic humans as strong as those two were comparable to what? A-class adventurers or S-class? To get clear now to which sandboxes that would end scaling.

Ehhh, the words of Van and his surprise would suggest it wasn't really aim dodging but fair enough, just using the mimic humans feat is fine, though for curiosity since I don't remember now (due to read it years ago and still be around sixty chapter behind that part in the rereading) but mimic humans as strong as those two were comparable to what? A-class adventurers or S-class? To get clear now to which sandboxes that would end scaling.
It's not quite clear IIRC. Don't remember them ever being given a rank or adventurer class.

I guess probably S-class given how much damage they could deal to Van who at that point definitely was a good bit into that category. It was a surprise attack, of course, but still. Yet, they are for certain weaker than their god.

I think by the time people are demigod level they scale for sure.

The best scale is probably to see which people participated in the battle against the strong mimic humans and their gods and see which ranks they at most had.

Isla was at least Rank 13, but could have been stronger (she has no Status after, I think). Rapiecage was at most Rank 10. (Had a status in chapter 286) And so was Yamata.

So I think they were likely on "You need a party of A-Class or an S-Class to beat them"-level.

It's not quite clear IIRC. Don't remember them ever being given a rank or adventurer class.

I guess probably S-class given how much damage they could deal to Van who at that point definitely was a good bit into that category. It was a surprise attack, of course, but still. Yet, they are for certain weaker than their god.

I think by the time people are demigod level they scale for sure.

The best scale is probably to see which people participated in the battle against the strong mimic humans and their gods and see which ranks they at most had.

Isla was at least Rank 13, but could have been stronger (she has no Status after, I think). Rapiecage was at most Rank 10. (Had a status in chapter 286) And so was Yamata.

So I think they were likely on "You need a party of A-Class or an S-Class to beat them"-level.
Hmm, will need to be that point to be sure since I sort of remembered there being an comparison or the typical "You need a party of A-Class or an S-Class to beat them" like you mentioned, though probably they are just at that level like you said. The strongest mimic human, the one who absorbed part of Van, is definitely S-class, but I think the the other ones, like the one who actually performed the feat, were A-class, but will have to wait until reach that part to confirm.

Rapiéçage wasRank 9 at chapter 174, so the Rank 10 mark is probably right since she didn't really participated in any other great even between that to make various big jumps.

Back