• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Alright, so here is part 2 of me working through my feat dump.

Amount of spirits around Vandalieu​

Meanwhile, the ‘Spiritualist’ who had been hired by the duke’s house to investigate the ‘Face-tearing Demon,’ lost consciousness and collapsed, foaming at the mouth.
After he regained consciousness, he reported that Alcrem was enveloped in a terrifying swarm of spirits.
There were spirits wherever he looked, and he stared at them intently.
“It’s like an ancient battlefield… No, it is like the afterworld has manifested here! The city is filled with more spirits than living inhabitants! Finding the spirits of the victims of the ‘Face-tearing Demon’ would be impossible,” he said.
(Chapter 261)
Van has more spirits around him than there are living people in the city Alcrem. There are around a million living people.
He was standing before a metropolis with a population of a million. It was a city so large that he couldn’t even imagine its scale, as he came from a small village in the mountains.

He hadn’t even entered the city yet, but he was already feeling overwhelmed from just looking at its walls.

There was a long line of people waiting to fill out their paperwork to enter the city, and as an introvert, he couldn’t help but to tremble. He felt pathetic. He felt that his fingers were going to tremble as well, so he clenched them tightly into fists so that he wouldn’t look even more pathetic to the people around him.

Arthur’s younger sister giggled nervously. “Alcrem. Our destination.”
(Chapter 245)
So Vans charm skill keep a million spirits floating around him. Not exactly a potency feat of the charm skill, but it can mean trouble for people who can see ghosts as they are practically blinded and the ghosts could be mere chance catch soul attacks on Van. So it's still a useful detail to note, even if no ability is added.

Some Degree of Soul Resistance for basically everyone strong​

“Heinz, there are things that even gods do not know. Ordinarily, those with souls as damaged as yours would not survive,” Mill continued.

Attacks from weapons made from magical metals such as Orichalcum or great spells cast by elite mages could harm the soul, which was otherwise untouchable.

But such an attack would be fatal to the body of the one who received it, and they would die soon afterwards. No soul had ever been separated from its physical body with only the soul in a damaged state like Heinz’s was now.
(Chapter 206)
Characters using Orichalcum weapons or strong spells can harm the soul in the verse. We have now reached the point in the story, where everyone we have profiles for can fight Demigods, who can of course use spells much stronger than just elite mages. Orichalcum golems and stuff are also used as weapons. Point is: Everyone should have some degree of soul resistances because they generally can't be oneshot by such soul damaging attacks.

Unconventional Resistance to Power Nullification, Power Modification, Power Absorption and Power Mimicry

I'm just taking a piece out of Rimuru's reasoning for having those (I find it kinda weird, but hey. May as well use it... gotta remember to do that for kumo desu ga too).
Like in Slime Datta Ken skills are inscribed in the soul in Death Mage
“Hmm… Even though some of my Skills have been stolen, it seems that there hasn’t been any particular change to my mind or body. Skills are apparently things that are engraved on the soul, so I was prepared for the possibility that I might have lost some memories as well, but that doesn’t seem to be the case,” Vandalieu said.
(Chapter 265)
A part of Vandalieu’s soul! It’s true that Skills are engraved into souls, but… there have never been any personalities in the Skills that I have assimilated so far… Is it because he is the Demon King? Or because he is a demigod?! Is it because his soul has a peculiar form?! Zerzoregin demanded.
(Chapter 268)
As Skills are engraved in the souls of those who possess them, it is normally impossible to steal them, but by consuming a certain portion of their targets’ bodies, Mimic Humans were able to steal the surface layer of the souls where the Skills are engraved, transplanting that layer to their own souls and stealing them.
(Vol. 11 Summary)
He remembered being taught as a child that Jobs and Skills were engraved on one’s soul. He had never been conscious of that fact, but his soul had almost been broken, and perhaps that was the reason he was suffering from these side effects.
(Chapter 290)

And Van and Co. have soul resistance. So following the same line of reasoning as for Rimuru, they get those resistances... I guess.

Perfect Record Technique might prevent memory loss i.e. possibly memory manip resistance​

I was surprised at my Skills being stolen, but other than the loss of the Skills, there hasn’t been any other effects on me. The fragments quietened down right away, too. Although, I guess my memories being intact might be because of ‘Perfect Record Technique,’ Vandalieu thought.
(Chapter 265)

Uncoventional Power Steal / Null Resistance Part 2​

Even if Van's skills are stolen, he can still use them to some degree
“Hmm… Even though some of my Skills have been stolen, it seems that there hasn’t been any particular change to my mind or body. Skills are apparently things that are engraved on the soul, so I was prepared for the possibility that I might have lost some memories as well, but that doesn’t seem to be the case,” Vandalieu said.
“How is your magic?” asked Princess Levia.
“I can use no-attribute magic, but death-attribute magic will be difficult, it seems. I do have death-attribute Mana, but I can’t keep it gathered together in one place.”
He wasn’t even able to cast the very basic ‘Sterilization’ spell as well as he could before. However, he could still use death-attribute magic. It was difficult, as he would need to expend multiple hundred times the amount of Mana that spells normally cost to ensure that he could control the Mana without it dispersing, but it was still possible.
“It’s not that I can’t use it, but I think I would fail to cast my more difficult spells,” Vandalieu concluded.
(Chapter 265)
Also, within the same fight he, he very quickly requires them:
“Why are the fragments not rampaging out of control? I have stolen the Skill that he uses to control the fragments… the Skill that makes him the Demon King. And the spell he just used was of the same attribute as the ‘Dark King Magic’ Skill that I stole. Why is he able to use them?!” Goldie muttered in frustration.

He was shaken by the fact that Vandalieu was using the Demon King’s fragments without hesitation and repeatedly, as if he had not been affected by his Skills being stolen at all.

“If you’re wondering about the ‘Demon King’ and ‘Death-attribute Magic’ Skills, I’ve reacquired them. You don’t need to worry about the fragments going berserk,” said Vandalieu.

Naturally, he wasn’t telling Goldie this as a parting gift before he and the other Mimic Slimes died; he was telling him this because he knew that it would cause even more discomposure in Goldie.
(Chapter 266)

So even taking his skills away has not much of an effect.

Monster Creation​

As demonstrated by the guy who stole Vandalieu's Demon King skill, it can be used to create monsters.
But at the next moment, Ralmeya shouted in warning: “He’s using a Skill called ‘Demon King!’”
The cornered Goldie began laughing triumphantly. “How wonderful! So this is how the ‘Demon King’ Skill is used! The legendary Demon King created hordes of monsters, and this Skill provides a bonus to creating new monsters and strengthens them!”
The ‘Demon King’ Skill, which Goldie hadn’t known how to use up until now, seemed to consider the splitting of Mimic Humans as the creation of monsters, and he was now experiencing the benefits of its effects that Vandalieu hadn’t even been consciously aware of.
(Chapter 265)

This is not a lot, but some bigger stuff, so I believe it's enough for this part. What do you think, everyone?

Last edited:
Just to be sure, this wouldn't apply in some way, shape or form as stealth mastery? Like a "limited" or "unconventional"?
One could debate that, buuuut... Van has full Stealth Mastery already. So whether it is or not, his P&A would stay the same.

1 extra bump for good measure

Back