• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Mage CRT Part 1

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
After I calculated that just reading through all my notes would take over an hour, I decided to separate this into lots of small CRTs that I post one after another. So here's part 1:

Demon King's Silk Gland and Oviduct stuff for Vandalieu​

《You have merged with the Demon King’s oviduct and the Demon King’s silk gland!》
《The Level of the ‘Demon King’ Skill has increased!》
(Chapter 256)
Vandalieu got two more demon king fragments.

The silk gland, which had been contained in a seal created by the Minotaur King in a ritual using Natania as a sacrifice, was also very interesting. However…
“Leaving that aside… Oviduct,” said Vandalieu, activating the Demon King’s oviduct and transforming a part of his body.
He found that he was able to produce oviducts from his arms and legs, and he was able to transform his fingers, tongue or an activated Demon King’s tentacle into oviducts as well.
(Chapter 256)
He can create the oviduct from a bunch of places on his body.

Juliana reluctantly opened her mouth to speak. “Well then… Seeing it does not cause me any discomfort, nor are my legs or lips shaking. However, there is something that we are very curious about.”
“Master, can you lay eggs with that ‘oviduct’ thing?” Natania asked.
“Hmm… let’s test it out,” said Vandalieu.
Vandalieu produced a tentacle from his arm and transformed it into an oviduct, so that it was easy for Juliana and Natania to see, and tried testing whether he could produce an egg. Of course, Vandalieu had never done such a thing before, and the Dhampir race did not have such bodily functions, so he had no idea how.
However, the Demon King’s fragments were body parts with functions that no person had. Vandalieu had absorbed these fragments and fused with them, so he was able to control them at will.
“Eggs… something like this?” he said.
The tip of the tentacle laid three eggs on the dirt floor – one amphibian-looking one with red-black contents surrounded only by a thin membrane, one reptilian-looking one with a soft shell, and one bird-like one with a hard shell. All of them were about the size of a person’s fist.
Everyone, including Juliana and Natania, began making a commotion.
“The Mana consumed generally doesn’t change, but it seems that it does when I alter the elasticity and hardness of the shells and the eggs’ contents,” said Vandalieu, unable to stop himself from making observations on his new ability despite wondering why this had caused unrest in everyone else in addition to Juliana and Natania.
(Chapter 256)
He can use the Oviduct to lay eggs, of various elasticity and hardness.

Vandalieu came back to his senses and hastily shook himself out of his daze. “No, my gender has not changed. I’ve just become able to create eggs with the oviduct. I don’t know how it was for the Minotaur King, but I don’t think I can produce offspring with this, though I believe I can create other things. So, Mom, please don’t cook red bean rice.”
The Minotaur King had used the Demon King’s oviduct to spawn large numbers of Minotaurs within a short period of time to increase the power of the horde it commanded. However, it was likely that this had only been possible because the Demon King’s oviduct had been affected by the fact that Minotaur race was a unisexual race with only males, which could only reproduce by raping the females of other demi-human races or human women.
“Then there really will be little Van-kuns hatching from these eggs?!” Privel exclaimed.
“Privel, I’m sorry to betray your expectations, but nothing will hatch from these eggs. All of them are filled with my blood. Look, they’re a red-black color, aren’t they?” said Vandalieu, pointing at the amphibian-looking egg.
“Ah, you’re right,” said Privel.
“So that’s why Fang and the others look like they want to eat them,” said Kachia. But if that’s the case, what will this fragment be useful for? It looks like you could stick it into enemies, but the Demon King’s proboscis would be better for that.”
“Kachia, I could create clones of myself if I wanted to… though they won’t be little versions of me like Privel expected. Juliana seems fine with it, so I’ll test that out next,” said Vandalieu.
He produced one more egg with the oviduct, and unlike the previous three eggs, this one trembled, and after a few seconds, the shell split and the contents emerged.
“MIGYAAAH!” cried the eight-eyed octopus-like creature that crawled out.
It began growing rapidly – in less than a minute, it went from being the size of something that one would cup in both hands to a size that a grown adult would have to look up to gaze at.
The eight-eyed octopus looked around at the astonished Kachia and the others and waved one of its legs.
“Something like this,” it said in Vandalieu’s voice, although it sounded rather muffled.
“Is this octopus a Demon King Familiar?” Kachia asked.
“Yes, it’s a Demon King Familiar. It’s no different from the Demon King Familiars placed inconspicuously around Talosheim and other places,” the octopus replied.
Demon King Familiars were pseudo-organisms that Vandalieu created by combining several of his Demon King fragments that served as clones of himself. In other words, they were familiars.
Naturally, he was able to create these even without the Demon King’s oviduct, but…
“I suppose you are able to create Demon Kings faster than usual by using the eggs created by the oviduct,” said Sam.
“Van-dono would normally need to directly produce fragments, put the separate parts together and make changes to his blood to create them, after all,” said Myuze. “It seemed that it took longer the more complicated the Demon King Familiars were, too.”
Thus, having Demon King Familiars hatch and grow rapidly from an egg would save a lot of time and effort.
(Chapter 256)
The eggs don't spawn offspring, but can be filled with, for example, blood. They can also hatch into Demon King Familiars, and he can produce them faster like that than when just creating them by hand.

“In any case, this Demon King Familiar will return to me. And you can eat those eggs,” said the eight-eyed octopus as it sank into Vandalieu’s shadow.
Fang and the others devoured the blood-filled eggs, not leaving a single drop behind.
“Myuze-dono, with those eggs and that Demon King Familiar –” said Gizania.
“Oh, that’s right! Van-dono, there is something that I wish to discuss with you!” said Myuze.
“If it’s eggs of Demon King Familiars that look like enormous toads, I can make them. I can’t make them very small, though,” said Vandalieu.
“That is plenty!” said Myuze, throwing her hands into the air with delight.
Vandalieu also considered the possibility of the oviduct as a projectile weapon by focusing not on the contents on the eggs, but hardening their shells and firing them like projectiles.
(Chapter 256)
Can spawn eggs that hatch into toad-like Demon King Familiars. Also can shoot the eggs as projectiles.

As for the other fragment, the silk gland, he tested it by producing several threads, then stopped his testing.
Vandalieu knew that silk glands were organs that were possessed by things like moth larvae, allowing the production of threads. It was difficult to imagine that the Demon King Guduranis had produced threads to make cocoons… but it was also difficult to imagine him using the oviduct… so these fragments were likely the result of Guduranis’s body pieces mutating after being torn apart from one another.
The threads produced by the fragment were considerably more powerful than the threads that Vandalieu had been able to create up to this point, and he was able to alter their thickness and other properties. He could freely create threads ranging from the thin threads resembling that of silkworms to more viscous ones like the ones spiders used to build their nests.
“This has always been true, but Van puts us Arachne to shame,” said Gizania.
The usefulness of the threads was easier to understand than the oviduct, so there wasn’t any need to spend a lot of time testing the silk gland, so Vandalieu decided to end it there and begin breakfast.
(Chapter 256)
The silk gland, as one would expect, creates threads with various properties. More powerful ones than he could produce otherwise.

Cheese Manipulation for Vandalieu by using Orbia​

“Don’t forget that I’m manipulating the cheese,” said Orbia.
The cheese that had been purchased by Simon and Kachia was being continuously melted at a steady temperature by Princess Levia’s precise control over her fire, and Orbia was able to manipulate the melted cheese and stir it to prevent it from burning.
(Chapter 258)

Kimberly can cause heart-attack-looking corpses​

“Boss, shall I kill him and make it look like a heart attack?” suggested Kimberley. “That bastard is wide open.
(Chapter 258)
For context: Kimberly is an electricity ghost, so I assume this means he just shocks the victim to make them have a heart attack.

Just analyzing Vandalieu can cause Guidance + Mental Corruption​

That knight named Ralmeya is more troublesome than we anticipated, he thought, immediately realizing who the ‘Demon Eyes of Appraisal’ belonged to.

A completely ordinary-looking man, the type that could be found anywhere, was looking this way, unaware that he was being watched by the invisible Chipuras.

This man was likely the ‘Knight of Keen Insight’ Ralmeya, one of the Five Knights of Alcrem.
Even if it was Ralmeya’s mission to disclose that information, that couldn’t be allowed. Vandalieu directed his gaze at Ralmeya and once again saw a part of his Status.

‘Mental Corruption?’ That wasn’t there a moment ago… And this feeling… He’s being guided?

Without even realizing it, Ralmeya was being guided by Vandalieu.
Ralmeya was a man with an intellectual-looking face, far younger than the duke at only around thirty years of age.

But the current Ralmeya was completely haggard and his ordinarily black hair had lost some of its luster; he looked decades older.

“Your Excellency, this is a matter of great importance. We must not cause trouble with that Dhampir – no, with any of his group! Attacking them or attempting assassination is completely out of the question! As is forming a plan to force unfavorable circumstances upon them. My official recommendation is to maintain positive relations with them to the best of our ability, and in the event that is impossible, I recommend that we promise to make no aggressive moves… keep some distance between us and them, and step around them so that we do not get involved!” Ralmeya almost shouted, his voice filled with desperation.

But as soon as he finished speaking, the corners of his mouth twitched into a deranged smile, and he began laughing.

“Do not get involved? Keep some distance?” he muttered in between cackles. “Impossible! How much distance would one need to place between himself and a being with such power to not get involved?” he screamed, bursting into uncontrollable laughter. “There is no escaping those eyes! THERE IS NO ESCAPE, YOUR EXCELLENCYYYYYY!”

As Ralmeya continued laughing like a madman, the other four of the Five Knights of Alcrem looked at him with grave expressions, and Takkard simply stood and stared, dumbfounded.
(Chapter 258)
So, the guy is using a skill to analyze Vandalieu by looking at him form a distance. And doing so is enough to drive him positively insane and for Vandalieu to begin guiding him. So, yet another form of passive mind attack.

Flight-Type Demon King Familiars​

He produced a tentacle of the Demon King, transformed its tip into an oviduct, and planted eggs on the backs of everyone except for Bone Man and Jeena, who were already able to fly.
“W-what?! Huh?!” Zandia shouted in surprise.
The eggs grew and hatched at explosive speeds after they were laid, morphing into bat-like Demon King Familiars.
“These are flight-assistance-type Demon King Familiars, made with these fragments: sub-brains, bones, membranes, eyeballs, blood, and tentacles,” one of them explained in Vandalieu’s voice.
“With these, you can fly while you fight,” said another.
Everyone nodded in understanding.
(Chapter 259)
I guess this is unconventional Power Granting of flight.... or something like that.

Space Slice Attack​

“For now, let’s take care of the small Flying Krakens that are in the air right now. The large ones can’t fly up to this height, so I don’t mind leaving them until later. ‘Dead Space Slice,’” said Vandalieu.
He cast a ‘God Spirit Magic’ spell with space-attribute Ghosts, severing the tentacle of a large Flying Kraken that had been attacking Mikhail.
“I’m still not used to using the space attribute. It uses up a lot of Mana. Still… I think we’ll have enough ingredients for fried squid and takoyaki for the next thousand years,” Vandalieu murmured.
(Chapter 259)
What it says on the tin.

High-Speed Flight Skill Gained​

《You have acquired the ‘High-speed Flight’ Skill!》
Races that could not fly without the use of spells or Magic Items were unable to acquire the ‘High-speed Flight’ Skill.
In other words, it was a Skill that could only be acquired by races with wings, such as Drakonids, Harpies, and races with the ability to fly, such as Vampires.
Vandalieu had acquired this Skill through his Demon King fragments and Demon King Familiars. That was how fierce the battle against the Flying Krakens, who were presumed to be Rank 11, was.
(Chapter 260)
Yeah... it's basically just a name change as far as the wiki is concerned.

Teleportation + Thread Copies​

Vandalieu began expelling threads from his mouth, and swiftly knitted them into a fake copy of himself. He had Gizania hold it in her arms, then used ‘Short-Distance Teleportation’ with his space-attribute Ghosts to move and dash into a back alley by himself.
The spies took no notice of this and continued tailing Gizania, who was now holding a soft doll that looked exactly like Vandalieu.
(Chapter 260)
Teleportation is not limited anymore and... the ability to create convincing dolls, I guess.

Details for Dead Spirit Magic​

Dead Spirit Mage
The dead spirit version of Spirit Mage. It is a Job that provides bonuses to the ‘Dead Spirit Magic’ Skill, which allows the user to transfer Mana to Ghosts and have them cast spells on the user’s behalf, removing the need for incantations and improving the power and precision of the spells.
However, as Vandalieu’s Mana is simply on another scale from anyone else, rather than improving the power of his spells, this Skill and Job are for casting spells of attributes that he has no affinity for.
(Chapter 260)
Yeah, adds details like precision and stuff. I should also update the list of ghost attributes Van carries with him. Updated it in the equipment section in the past, but seemingly forgot it in the skill description.

That's it for part 1. Nothing too major. What do you think?

I'm fine with all, except the cheese manipulation, as funny as it sounds Orbia (and those with water magic) are just able to control liquids in general, so the melted cheese is just an example of said manipulation.

I'm fine with all, except the cheese manipulation, as funny as it sounds Orbia (and those with water magic) are just able to control liquids in general, so the melted cheese is just an example of said manipulation.
Is there a statement regarding all liquids that should be interpreted like this? I have serious doubts that water magic could manipulate molten iron or lava or liquid oxygen...

What if it's mold manipulation or dairy manipulation?

Is there a statement regarding all liquids that should be interpreted like this? I have serious doubts that water magic could manipulate molten iron or lava or liquid oxygen...
What if it's mold manipulation or dairy manipulation?
From part of my sandboxes for the new profiles:
Als in the case of Orbia she don't only possess water magic (Vol 8; Chapter 168) but her actual main skill as a Water Ghost (Vol 5; Chapter 112) is literally called liquid manipulation (Vol 5; Chapter 112).

I guess lava manipulation should be added to the P&A then and the liquid manipulation explained in the Notable A/T section.
Still gonna mention cheese

Still gonna mention cheese
I actually mentioned the cheese part:
Liquid Manipulation: A skill that let the user manipulate liquids. As a Water Ghost Orbia can use it to control not only her own body and surrounding water, but in general any liquid thing, even something as blood or melted cheese can be manipulated with the skill.

Back