• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
These CRTs will never stop. They're infinite! They're eternal!

Limited Power Bestowal for Gufadgarn​

“I considered that risk,” Gufadgarn said. “I am the vessel of Gufadgarn; even if my Skills are stolen, I can re-inhabit my vessel later and I will return to my usual state.”
To Gufadgarn’s vessels, a few of her arthropod legs were equivalent to a single pinky finger for a human. Even if a Mimic Human were to consume them, it was unlikely that Gufadgarn’s Skills would be stolen.
But the enemy was not a Mimic Human; it was the vessel of Zerzoregin, the creator of Mimic Humans. It wouldn’t be strange to think that he could possess a Skill-stealing ability that was more powerful than that of his creations.
(Chapter 267)

As mentioned here, Gufadgarn can regive her vessel skills that were stolen from it by re-inhabiting it later. (She already has power bestowal inside her dungeon, but this would apply even outside)

New Spirit Magic for Van​

“No signs of life inside the temple. There is no risk of collateral damage, so… ‘Great Corpse Flame Prison Destruction Barrage.’ You three, I’ll put you away again,” said Vandalieu.
A number of enormous skulls made of black flames appeared around Vandalieu. In the next instant, they changed shape, defying the laws of physics of light, extending and enveloping Isla, Rapiéçage, and Yamata in their shadows.
“How in the world are you able to use such a powerful spell with a Skill you only just regained – ?!” Zerzoregin uttered in shock.
“This is ‘God Spirit Magic,’” said Vandalieu. “Well then, I’m counting on you,” he said to Princess Levia.
“Yes! Here we go, everyone!” said Princess Levia.
She and the other Ghosts, who had transformed into black skulls, charged at Zerzoregin. This spell had once destroyed a slave mine in the Hartner Duchy; now, it engulfed Zerzoregin and the temple behind him, and a thundering noise echoed across the wastelands.
For a moment, it looked like the fight was over, but… black blades cut through the dust cloud, flying towards Vandalieu.
(Chapter 267)
An extension of what he already has, so no new abilities. Although it's interesting how those black flames create shadows instead of glowing.

Knife for Darcia​

With a grinding noise, Darcia’s kitchen knife that she used in combat dug into Goldie’s sword. The sword was the treasured sword that he had recovered from his defeated partner, but…
(Chapter 267)
Darcia gets a kitchen knife as standard equip

New Martial Arts Techniques for Darcia​

“I feel like you’ll be troublesome for us later if you manage to escape, so we’re not going to capture you alive!” said Darcia. “‘Mincing Slice!’ ‘Lightning Claw Kick!’”
The slashing attacks from her kitchen knife caused blood to spray into the air from every part of Goldie’s body, and she transformed the heel of her foot into a bird-like talon with ‘Chaos,’ then sank it into Goldie’s stomach.
(Chapter 267)
Self-explanatory.

Indestructible Wall​

“‘Indestructible Wall,’” said Vandalieu, deciding that he would not be able to evade them in time.
With the Demon King’s jointed legs emerging from his back and forming a shield, his ‘Shield Technique’ became active on them as he attempted to block the enemy’s attack.
(Chapter 268)
A new shield technique. Not much to say to it.

Body Control​

“Van-kun! Your neck is a little crazy right now!” exclaimed Orbia.
Vandalieu had forcibly extended his neck to move his head sideways.
“I’ve just turned the bones in my neck into the Demon King’s bones and changed their shape. The Demon King’s nerves are intact,” he told Orbia calmly as he returned his neck back to normal.
(Chapter 268)
Van already has all abilities that could be associated with this, but it's a new application of the Demon King's bones and nerves to freely reshape his body, such as to extend his neck.

Demon King's Muscles, Sweat Glands, Crystals and Cnidocytes​

With the Demon King’s jointed legs emerging from his back and forming a shield, his ‘Shield Technique’ became active on them as he attempted to block the enemy’s attack.
However, the black blades cut through the legs with ease. Vandalieu had also activated the Demon King’s exoskeleton to improve his defense, but the cutting power of the black blades surpassed it.
However, because the blades’ momentum had been weakened, he managed to twist his neck and avoid them.
“… That was close,” Vandalieu murmured.
Forcibly moving his severed jointed legs, he snapped the black blades.
The black blades had exceptional cutting power, but they had no thickness and strength; they quickly shattered with a ringing sound.
“This is… some kind of crystal?” said Vandalieu.
(Chapter 268)
“Those quartz-crystal-like things, perhaps they are fragments called the Demon King’s quartz or the Demon King’s crystals? And the slime on the skin, the Demon King’s sweat glands? As for that enormous body… the Demon King’s muscles? No, I must maintain my composure,” Vandalieu said to himself, calmly analyzing the fragments that Zerzoregin was using.
Vandalieu suspected that the black blades were an extension of the quartz-crystal-like objects, and Zerzoregin had likely withstood the black flames that Princess Levia had transformed into by producing sweat from the Demon King’s sweat glands in order to protect himself from the heat. Zerzoregin’s robust, enormous physique was likely due to the activation of the Demon King’s muscles. But even as he conducted this analysis, Vandalieu had to tell himself to maintain his presence of mind.
(Chapter 268)
You have reacquired the ‘Demon King’ and ‘Dark King Magic’ Skills!》
《Your ‘Demon King’ Skill has combined with the ‘Demon King’ Skill, and your ‘Death-Attribute Magic’ Skill has combined with the ‘Dark King Magic’ Skill!》
《The Demon King’s muscles, sweat glands, crystals, cnidocytes have combined with the Demon King’s body!》
(Chapter 269)

Van gets a bunch more fragments. All it adds ability-wise is Crystal Manipulation, though.

Soul Destruction Fighting Technique​

Vandalieu’s Skill covered his body with the materialized form of his soul, which was fused with fragments of the Demon King. Zerzoregin had heard of this Skill from his familiar spirits.
(Chapter 268)

Just to add to the existing technique the detail that if he uses it while he is in his body he gets a soul armor.

Extremely Niche Power Null​

Normally, when one activated the fragments of the Demon King, they became unable to use any magic other than that of the death attribute. This was apparently due to the Mana of the Demon King Guduranis that the fragments contained, but Zerzoregin had cast spells of the earth and fire attributes.
(Chapter 268)

As said here, if one has demon king fragments one becomes incapable of using magic of attributes other than death attribute. For Vandalieu this is no issue, as that is his only attribute, but for everyone else it would be troublesome. So if someone were to steal his fragments they would lose their magic attributes.

(Nothing ground breaking this time around, but changes are changes)

As mentioned here, Gufadgarn can regive her vessel skills that were stolen from it by re-inhabiting it later. (She already has power bestowal inside her dungeon, but this would apply even outside)
I'm not sure this constitutes power bestowal, it sounds as though she's not really bestowing powers on the vessel, rather, she seems to bring her own powers with her when she inhabits it, so them being "stolen" or taken from the vessel does not impact her possession of them.

Other than that it looks good to me.

It's true that her vessel's powers being stolen does not impact Gufadgarn. However, it does impact the powers of the vessel. (which has a copy of Gufadgarn's power) So by re-inhabiting it, Gufadgarn is giving her powers back to the vessel, should the vessel have lost them.
So it's Gufadgarn granting a copy of her powers to her vessel, which is an incredibly limited application, but should still be power granting.

Back