• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some missing Captain America (MCU) powers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Increased Metabolism and Resistance to Diseases and Drugs - Cap is immune to infections, diseases and disorder, as well as alcohol, drugs, toxins or impurities. This is also the reason he has Regenerationn.

Regenerationn (Mid-Low) - Cap's Regenerationn should be upgraded to Mid-Low. Large cuts and bruises heal within minutes, and fatal gunshot wounds and fractures mend in hours. Rogers was able to regenerate from being shot by a Chitauri Gun directly to the abdomen in a matter of minutes. Steve regained consciousness in a short amount of time after nearly dying.

Longevity - His increased metabolism also seems to be rapidly regenerating already perfectly healthy slow-decaying cells. Thus Rogers has a form of ageless immortality.

Enhanced Mental Processing - Steve's mental performance has been greatly enhanced to the very peak of human potential and beyond, thus allowing his mind to operate in the most efficient and rapid manner possible. He possesses perfect memory as demonstrated when he was able to perfectly replicate the locations of all HYDRA bases on a map, despite "only getting a glance". He possesses perfect memory as demonstrated when he was able to perfectly replicate the locations of all HYDRA bases on a map, despite "only getting a glance."

Enhanced Agility - For obvious reasons. He can leap from one end to the other when escaping from the HYDRA base Bucky was held captive. He can leap over cars. He can leap from one apartment window to another building.

Master Spy - (To shamelessly copy from another wiki) Aside being a veteran soldier and one of the world's greatest combatants, Rogers is highly skilled in espionage, intelligence gathering, infiltration, and sabotage. During World War II, Rogers and the Howling Commandos successful raided several HYDRA bases, rescued Allied POWs, and captured top HYDRA scientist, Dr. Arnim Zola. After being revived in the 21st century, despite his lack of knowledge of the current technologies, he managed to sneak around in the Helicarrier and discovered S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Tesseract-based weaponry. When Rogers received additional training from S.H.I.E.L.D., he became an accomplished spy in his own right. He participated several black-ops missions with STRIKE, and helped thwart the HYDRA Uprising. He evaded capture from authorities when he became a fugitive twice (During HYDRA Uprising and the Avengers Civil War). However, Rogers' most impressive feat was breaking into an underwater highly-secured prison, the Raft, and freeing his fellow Avengers.

Basic Pilot Knowledge, if not Vehicular Mastery - For obvious reasons

Expert Leader and Master Tactician - For obvious reasons

"Cap is immune to infections, diseases and disorder, as well as alcohol, drugs, toxins or impurities." source?

The vast majority of these things aren't powers, just skills.

We can list them under feats or describe them in his intelligence, but they're not really worth adding to the Attacks/Techniques section.

I also adamantly refuse to allow those descriptions on the profile if they're ripped off another wiki.

Regen, Longevity, and Resistance to Drugs should be fine though.

I think that Reppuzan makes sense, as usual.

@Huesito

I would much rather just write our own description entirely, given that it really shouldn't be that hard to paraphrase if you know the subject.

I agree with all of these. The source for the toxins, alcohol, and etc. Is the first Captain America movie where after Bucky dies Cap is found in a destroyed house trying to get drunk but then tells Peggy that he is unable to due to the serum and his cells regenerating.

@Huesito

I can agree with finding sources.

To help with the metabolism thing, there's also the scene in Age of Ultron when Cap drank a shot of Thor's Asgardian liquor, which instantly intoxicated Stan Lee.

Wanted to note that increased regen does not automatically translate to resistance against all forms of poisons. Biologically/chemically simple poisons like cyanide actually bypass your immune system, b/c they work through chemical binding that disrupts either your nervous system or your ability to make ATP. Heavy metals though are fine b/c your body can wash out those things, similar to how you can condition your liver against alchohol.

Just something to note in VS debates. Basically, small inorganic poisons like cyanide that directly work on your cells/hormones/enzymes work better against regenerators, b/c the cell has to die comepletely before it heals up as its similar to drowning or starving a character.

So would it be fine to place Regenerationn, longevity, and resistance to diseases and drugs in the powers and abilities section, and mention the skills under intelligence then?

I am uncertain. Reppuzan is better at evaluating this area than I am, as he manages our powers & abilities pages, and he thinks that they should be mentioned under intelligence instead.

Mental acuity and memory are just intelligence feats. Not abilities to be mentioned in the Powers and Abilities.

Longevity and Regen are worthwhile, but we don't have a page for spy techniques and it's probably best to just leave it in the intelligence section.

Vehicular Mastery should be alright as well, given that Cap has ridden bikes, jeeps, and planes.

Agility falls under Superhuman Physical Characteristics.

@Therefir

That's a page I didn't know we had.

But there's a lot more to spying than just stealth.

If Spino could compile all of the scenes were the above happened, I'd appreciate it.

As previously noted, Regen is fine.

I am somewhat sceptical about the Longevity though - I'll try to find a source.

@Spino

Yeah. IF you could find the scenes were Cap got shot by the Chitauri gun and regenereated (I think it was in Avengers but I'm not sure).

It has to be Avengers, there aren't Chitauri in the other movies (not counting that one guy in Guardians)

It is fine if S75DF is willing to insert the additions accepted by Reppuzan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back