• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Just two, I think.

Firstly, Kirby is capable of throwing the front half of his body like a boomerang and having it reattach later. What level of Regenerationn is that?

Second question. Kirby had 9/10 of his existence erased and still came back to kick the ass of the guy who did that. What would that be?

I'm not really sure reattaching body parts is the same as Regenerationn, which is reforming it from scratch.

Mind explaining the second one a bit better? Because it just sounds like the guy who did it was only 10% as powerful as Kirby is normally, which isn't even a feat.

First: I'm not sure if the ability to detach and reattach limbs is considered the same as Regenerationn. If it is, I guess "At least Mid" would be fine.

Second: You or Azzy is definitely going to need to provide context on this. Assuming it's not PIS or misinterpreted, maybe it'd be Mid-Godly. Then again if there was still "1/10" his existence left (whatever the heck that even would mean lol) I'm not sure if it's quantifiable.

Gosh darn it Ever completely ninja'd me xD

I'm pretty sure people have had mid Regenerationn from surviving and reattaching their heads. Pretty sure Deadpool has done it before, iirc.

From what I know (as I haven't played Mass Attack), Necrodeus ambushed Kirby and split him into 10 seperate Kirby's. He then proceeded to wipe 9 of them from existence, confirmed by them poofing and one of the worker's twitter saying that Necrodeus wiped them from existence. The last Kirby was saved by his heroic heart, or soul, or whatever leading him away or something like that.

@Cal Just because someone has both Regenerationn and the ability to reattach limbs doesn't mean those two things are the same power. Though again I am not sure how it works.

If Kirby got split up into 10 Kirbys, then the last one surviving the powers that wiped out his other 9 selves just seems like resistence. If the 9 Kirby's came back to existence then it'd seem more like regen IMO.

I'm still pretty sure they shouldn't have regen, either. Two wrongs don't make a right.

That doesn't really sound like any ability, other than Necrodeus is hilariously weak if he got his ass kicked by 1/10th of Kirby.

There's a reason why this is Q&A instead of a CRT. Because I'm as uncertain as the rest of you.

The Everlasting said:
That doesn't really sound like any ability, other than Necrodeus is hilariously weak if he got his ass kicked by 1/10th of Kirby.
1/10 of Kirby would still be Multi-Solar System level and MFTL+. Wouldn't call soloing DBZ hilariously weak :p

But seriously if Necrodeus legitamately used Void Manipulation to wipe out the other 9 Kirbys, yet the 10th one survived the same attack, I'd still say that's resistence to Void Manipulation rather Regenerationn.

I think more context is needed in the second question, the first one seems more like body manipulation.

I dunno, we need context on how these tenths of Kirby work and whether or not the 9 destroyed really did survive. Resistance to soul manipulation is beginning to sound kinda sketchy, do you have any evidence?

The nine destroyed were erased from existence. The one escapes because of his heroic heart, which might be his soul. It's confusing. But Kirby winds up getting many Kirby's on his side for the majority of the game, which is what makes it more confusing.

Yeah, this is quite confusing. I'll search it up I guess. Also, were they explicitly stated to be wiped out of existence in a non-hyperbolic matter? Because I've seen the term "wiping out of existence" used by nearly every villain in a fight despite not having actual void manipulation.

The Kirby's are shown being poofed. Not vaporized or anything like that. And the twitter of someone who worked on the game said that it wiped them.

I also checked, and Kirby...I don't know, regenerates(?) the other Kirbys one by one when he fills up a meter.

Can you please link to the scene and author statement?

Also Kirby could've just resurrected or recreated the other Kirbys. Pops brought Muscle Man after Anti-Pops wiped him from existence. Doesn't mean Muscle Man has Mid-Godly regen.

I'm not claiming mid-godly Regenerationn. I never even once brought it up. I'm only asking what it is.

"I also checked, and Kirby...I don't know, regenerates(?) the other Kirbys one by one when he fills up a meter."

I'm saying Kirby probably didn't regenerate. Rather brought back those other Kirbys. I didn't say you were directly claiming Regenerationn.

And while you didn't say anything about Mid-Godly, coming back from an existence wiping via Void Manipulation is Mid-Godly. So if this feat were legitamate, Kirby would have Mid-Godly. However I'm starting to think he might just have a resistence to Void Manipulation + resurrection/recreation. Nothing about Regenerationn.

I said I didn't know, and put (?) there for a reason. And that doesn't imply mid-godly. Though, would that count as resurrection, and could his heroic heart do it on its own?

I never said you were directly claiming Regenerationn. I know you were asking about it. And I'm saying I don't think it's Regenerationn.

I still think Kirby should have soul resistance due to his "Heroic Heart" which is basically his soul (like how KH's hearts are the equivalent souls), is capable of acting on his own, and according to it (Yes. Kirby's soul has said more words than Kirby himself), is capable of taking down Necrodeus with Kirby's help. And Kirby is capable of operating when the heart and him are seperate.

If all of those things are actually true then I agree some Soul Manipulation resistence is called for. Perhaps even an added ability that his soul can (somehow) function independently from Kirby and take actions on its own.

This shouldn't count as soul manipulation resistance, as he isn't actually resisting soul manipulation? I don't see where you guys got soul manipulation resistance from this, this should be around the lines of a soul variation of body manipulation.

Kirby can operate without his soul being in his body. Therefore soul resistance. Self explanatory.

That's not really Resistance to Soul Manipulation, that's more a specific power of "can fight without his soul"... or something.

Resisting Soul Manipulation implies he actively keeps his soul in his body when someone tries to extract it.

Well even if Kirby couldn't prevent someone from retracting his soul, wouldn't the fact he's able to function without it mean those powers, even if they can be done to him, won't be effective?

And our own Resistance page defines it as "the ability of a character to reduce the effectiveness of certain powers"

If Kirby's bizarre physiology makes it so that different soul manipulating powers like extraction don't work on him that well, he'd technically have a resistance.

@Darkness552 Again, at least going by how this site's page defines it, if a character has traits that'd make soul manipulating powers not work/be useless on him, then he'd have a resistance to it.

This really doesn't seem like Soul Manipulation resistance.

The Heroic Heart still must exist for Kirby to function. Yes, it and he can still move when separated, but there is no indication destroying or severely damaging it would leave Kirby totally unaffected.

Oh okay then if Kirby needs to have his soul to exist that's different.

However wouldn't the ability to function separate from his soul at least give him some resistance towards a soul grab or soul steal? Even if he is still vulnerable to soul destruction?

It would probably need to be clarified as "Can fight with his soul separated from his body, though still needs it to exist" or something like that.

Back