• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Ideas For Potential Avatar Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because that is dumb? Unless you can use the light you create in any productive way, it isn't worth mentioning. Saying that it is light manipulation just because someone can make their eyes glow is misleading and stupid. At best, you can mention on his profile something like "Can make his eyes glow", but again, mentioning something as insignificant and useless thing as that will just make the profile look dumb.
That's not a proper reason at all.

Last time I checked, indexing abilities was not about how productive or useful they are. It was based on if they had it or not. "Can make his eyes glow" would still have to link back to Light Manipulation for what it is. Abilities are almost always circumstancial for their usefulness as well. I don't see how that would make the profile look dumb when it's a blatant thing he has, and it could have theoretical applications of benefit.
If that is the sole reason for such additions, they should be removed. Two wrongs don't make a right. Anri Sonohara can also make her eyes glow red. She does not get "light manipulation" lol.
It isn't the sole reason, but I'll just engage on the hypothetical to prove a point.

This is implying it's a wrongful addition, yet it's very contradictory to what we concluded earlier. We concluded that it was clearly a unique ability because people cannot just spontaneously will light to come forth from their body. If it's a unique ability that has a distinct recognition, that means the profile isn't an example of a "wrong". The profile you linked would just be an example of an oversight as well. That would just have to be added to the page through an ability revision. Not every page on the wiki is perfect and has every ability of every character it archives, lol.
That will only apply when he is energy bending. And even then, that was a one time thing for visual and dramatic purposes. We later see Aang do the same to Yakone and Korra do the same to Lin. Nothing of that sort happens ever again, only their eyes and pressure points glow.
Cool, that would still give him the ability. From what I remember, they made some sort of reference to it. Also, that could just signify his mastery over the ability (as well as Korra's) because the Lion Turtle did it with just one claw for a couple moments.

That's not a proper reason at all.
That is a proper reason, yes.
Last time I checked, indexing abilities was not about how productive or useful they are.
It is. We are not gonna bloat and clutter a profile with useless and misleading stuff like Light Manipulation when it is actually not Light Manipulation at all. This is just "Can make his eyes glow" which isn't worth noting. Linking it to Light Manipulation is also misleading.
That would just have to be added to the page through an ability revision.
No, like I said, stuff like this will have to be removed from every profile that has it. Profile having misleading stuff added to them just to clutter and wank them is what is an oversight here, which needs to be fixed.
Cool, that would still give him the ability. From what I remember, they made some sort of reference to it.
No it won't and no it did not. Saying that him and Korra mastered it is a blatant assumption. This was a one-time outlier. Nothing else.

I think there's a lot of other stuff worth focusing here that you should put your energy in, than arguing for this insignificant bit lol.

Glowing eyes is not treated as light manipulation of any kind as far as I am aware, so no.

That is a proper reason, yes.
Your reasons for it being dumb aren't proper at all, so yes, it is by definition improper. And just saying something is dumb from a personal perspective without the right reasons cannot be used as a reason to reject it.
It is. We are not gonna bloat and clutter a profile with useless and misleading stuff like Light Manipulation when it is actually not Light Manipulation at all. This is just "Can make his eyes glow" which isn't worth noting. Linking it to Light Manipulation is also misleading.
You keep saying it's misleading, yet you've not actually explained what it is. Can you tell me what other ability matches emitting LIGHT from yourself other than Light Manipulation? This isn't even a matter of the profile. I'm legitimately baffled by this logic because it's like saying an apple isn't an apple.

I already told you how it's not useless. It would have theoretical applications such as giving a light source in a darkened area. You're entirely skewing how abilities are indexed with absolutely nonsensical reasoning. The ability not being useful isn't a good reason to deny it in of itself. Abilities are added based on whether you have it or not. You're unnecessarily complicating such a simple concept.
No, like I said, stuff like this will have to be removed from every profile that has it. Profile having misleading stuff added to them just to clutter and wank them is what is an oversight here, which needs to be fixed.
How is it misleading though? Like you genuinely keep repeating, and your reasons are essentially a gloried "no". They are absolutely baseless and don't even make sense.

Okay, how is adding a non-combat applicable ability going to wank the profile as badly as you are making it out to be? Mind you, it's not even wank. I literally don't understand what is so hard to understand about this. They are emitting LIGHT through parts of their body in a spontaneous manner. Even if we noted it as minor, it would still be Light Manipulation.
No it won't and no it did not. Saying that him and Korra mastered it is a blatant assumption. This was a one-time outlier. Nothing else.
Saying Aang mastered it is just an assumption? Aang is a Fully-Realized Avatar when he does that to Yakone. Not only that, he had like 28 years with the ability. He clearly got good at considering how quickly he did it to Yakone vs Ozai, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice this. How the hell would he not have mastery over it? Avatar State Korra does her major Energybending feats when she has her connection to Aang still. The Avatar State imbues you with the knowledge of your past lives, so she'd literally be doing it with the same proficiency he did. Remind me when we considered hax an outlier again?
I think there's a lot of other stuff worth focusing here that you should put your energy in, than arguing for this insignificant bit lol.
There is literally nothing other than the Yangchen calc that needs discussed because most of it has been agreed upon. I'm going to argue this because I think the reasoning for it to not be considered is frankly dumb af.

EDIT:

After talking to a friend, I could possibly see the confusion here. I'm not saying having your eyes naturally glow is Light Manipulation. What I'm saying is Light Manipulation about this is the fact that they are controlling it to where their normal eyes are lit up through willing it. That's essentially what they're doing with the Avatar State.

Last edited:
Simply producing light is light generation, not manipulation. It can still be linked to the page, just text should be specific.

Simply producing light is light generation, not manipulation. It can still be linked to the page, just text should be specific.
The point is that it's an application of Light Manipulation. Whether it's "Light Manipulation" or "Light Generation," I don't particularly care. It just needs to be listed is all.

since we on that light thing, what about spiritual bending water didnt that turn to light? or do we not count that , then theres jinora spirit thing but idk

After talking to a friend, I could possibly see the confusion here. I'm not saying having your eyes naturally glow is Light Manipulation. What I'm saying is Light Manipulation about this is the fact that they are controlling it to where their normal eyes are lit up through willing it. That's essentially what they're doing with the Avatar State.
Imagine a person reading the page for stats, powers and abilities:
"Wind Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Earth Manipulation"
"Oh cool. Noice."
"Can make his eyes glow"
"Bruh wtf lmao"

I don't know why you're pushing for something that is pointless to add on a profile and ultimately makes it look dumb. This is general practice and common sense. People don't get light manipulation just from being able to make their eyes glow a little bit. It is so limited in nature, that it doesn't even count as limited light manipulation.

Imagine a person reading the page for stats, powers and abilities:
"Wind Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Earth Manipulation"
"Oh cool. Noice."
"Can make his eyes glow"
"Bruh wtf lmao"
Yet when I made the profile draft, literally nobody even gave this reaction when I linked it to them lol. You're exaggerating this beyond what it's worth.
I don't know why you're pushing for something that is pointless to add on a profile and ultimately makes it look dumb. This is general practice and common sense. People don't get light manipulation just from being able to make their eyes glow a little bit. It is so limited in nature, that it doesn't even count as limited light manipulation.
If it's as pointless as you claim, then why are pushing so hard for it to not be accepted? I don't see how that makes the profile look dumb. I'm pretty sure nobody is going to disagree it.

I've already explained this to you how it's Light Manipulation. It's such a basic concept that literally nobody else in this thread has had a problem with it at all. I don't think such a distinction exists either. There's other reasoning for it we went over as well.

Made the yangchen thing to a blog post

Also should note, the result for Roku, Aang and Korra would be >>>> the result, because of the "combination of energy from past avatars" thing

Last edited:
I've already explained this to you how it's Light Manipulation.
And I've already explained how such extremely limited, insignificant and minor application of any broad ability isn't listed on profiles under the name of that ability and also provided examples of such profiles. The other reasoning also don't hold up.

And I've already explained how such extremely limited, insignificant and minor application of any broad ability isn't listed on profiles under the name of that ability and also provided examples of such profiles. The other reasoning also don't hold up.
Not really, most of your "points" involved it just being dumb for the reactions it would get. The ability can clearly be clearly applied beyond just that as well because Aang's tattoos also glowed in his Avatar State. If it really irks you that much, DDM already proposed we just leave it at Light Generation. I'm fine with this compromise if adding such a minor thing is really irking you so heavily. Also, you provided one profile in which you barely gave any context behind it. That's not on the same level of credibility as the "multiple" you're trying to claim. The other reasoning is completely fine and has been resolved.

with all these mountains/island feats do you think its safe to say that the guy in the novel calling the avatars "walking disasters" can be taken literally now?

ok lets go back to yanchens and the fire avatars feat... did they use AS or tap into it for it? cuz i dont remember their eyes glowing before doing it

I'd argue for Island but I don't really debate on the wiki anymore

For Kuruk it was stated he destroyed the island and then sunk (the remains) under the ocean in the latest Kyoshi novel, and the fire nationa volcano calc which was originally Island level was never like, properly examined, it was just given a "no" and a new one was made.

Here's the Kuruk thing in the Kyoshi novel. It got blown apart and scattered into pieces, with said pieces being sunk.
It should be noted that Kuruk at the time did not master the Avatar State, it was his first time.

the natural disaster stuff, and "elemental destruction on a grand scale"

would it be bad if we used island and mountain sizes in the avatar verse for the novel and future calcs? also why do nobody talk about roku using a city block water wave vs his teacher and him splitting his own island and using a air shield almost half of it to protect the villagers from the smog

ok lets go back to yanchens and the fire avatars feat... did they use AS or tap into it for it? cuz i dont remember their eyes glowing before doing it
Yes. Additionally, the scenes with Yangchen and Szeto are during Roku's explanation of the Avatar State. They would be AS only feats.

Made the yangchen thing to a blog post

Also should note, the result for Roku, Aang and Korra would be >>>> the result, because of the "combination of energy from past avatars" thing
Roku’s statement there shouldn’t be taken, the Avatar State isn’t a combination of their Past Lives energy but rather just being empowered directly by Raavas.

The past lives being connected are just a sub-ability since Raava connects them.

Roku’s statement there shouldn’t be taken, the Avatar State isn’t a combination of their Past Lives energy but rather just being empowered directly by Raavas.

The past lives being connected are just a sub-ability since Raava connects them.
I don't see why it shouldn't be taken. We literally see their eyes glowing before they perform these feats, and the whole flashback is about the Avatar State. It would be completely out of place to argue they just did those feats without it. Also, Roku's statements hold consistent Post-Korra retcons by the authors too. The Kyoshi novels say the exact same thing about it as well.

What? You mistook what I said.

I wasnt saying they werent using the AS for those feats, I was responding to Zenkais point about "the result for Roku, Aang and Korra would be >>>> the result, because of the "combination of energy from past avatars" thing".

They use AS for the feats, what I dont agree with is making the tier above the result. The Avatar State doesnt combine the strength of the past avatars, its using Raavas strength.

We never really agreed on the tiers. However, we can probably just do At least High 6-A for now. I don't really care all that much about pushing 5-C too hard, but somebody can do so if they really feel like we should.

question can we scale rokus city block water wave he used on his teacher to all "elite" water benders? he did it in base THO he was around alot of water

question can we scale rokus city block water wave he used on his teacher to all "elite" water benders? he did it in base THO he was around alot of water
Probably not. We don't really have a direct means of scaling him like that. There's no scaling him to Sozin or anything like that either considering how effortlessly he beat him.

Honestly I'm not in favor of either Tier 6 key.
  • Covering the world in darkness and reshaping it is something with no given timeframe. Considering Kyoshi's island showing it wouldn't be difficult for a fully realized Avatar to changed the landscape, especially with evil corrupt spirits. Also can someone remind me if the quote is literal rather than just metaphorical?
  • There's no indication that either the Ocean or Moon spirit are High 6-A. They represent concepts but those concepts do not strength or empower them in any fashion. The moon spirit was killed by a knife and it was noted by the Face Stealer they gave up their immortality to live in the mortal realm. Something being conceptually tied to a object does not mean the object itself scales to the full extent of what it represents without evidence. Or in other words unless the fish showcases High 6-A or 5-C feats it does not get a High 6-A or 5-C rating.
Light Manipulation is fine, though they can't do much of anything with it. Besides durability negating lightning and Vaatu/Raava being non-corporeal everything else I'm in agreement with.

Moon Spirit is an obvious glass cannon and he's only 5-C via stabilizing the moon. He's more like a cog in the machine; similar to how we used to treat Yhwach before other details were clarified for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back