• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Gen 4 Legendary Revisions

Well, Dialga was pushing back the time for all things to disappear from existence as if they had never existed, so I think the resistance to manipulation of time seems right.

Also the lake trio should be resistant to manipulation of time and space by default

At this point Im okay with whatever you decide, pokemon revisions always take too long.

Anyway, the crux of my argument is this:

Arceus, the entity made of condensed nothingness, created a physical form, and had created and erased 1000 arms for itself, out of nothingness. Doing any damage that requires Low to Low Godly regen? Ok. And? It's not like this physical form was made of anything, and nothingness is everywhere and nowhere, so it's not like he's short on material. Erase on a Mid Godly scale? Reducing nothing to nothing is redundancy that'll get you killed. Technically, even destroying all there is just recreates the circumstances of his creation, meaning you'd have to destroy all of everything and nothing to permanently stop Arceus from coming back (or other haxes, but not the point). Btw, Rep, it's more akin to beings made of a fluid than humans. Nonexistence isn't a solid like cells. Arceus' body parts don't matter like a human's would. It has an awareness, not a brain.

What I'm arguing for is either Mid Godly regen via reducing him to literal nothingness being logically ineffective, and/or type 8 immortality and abstract existence via being the embodiment (not a concept though) of all of the nothingness, and destroying him, or even him and everything will just recreate the fundamentals of his "birth" (which given that said predates the literal concept of time, happens immediately).

It sounds like physical form Arceus is not the true "form" from how you're describing it.

Given this, it would be something like how Madoka's manifestations compared to her conceptual self, only in terms of non-existence. (Not sure if its regen, more like Arceus can make a new body, which basically acts like regen)

However, are you sure you're not confusing being born from nothingness with being born of nothingness? Both have different implications here.

That's correct. The llama is an "avatar," if you will. Hence the type 9 immortality. But given that Arceus could restore the body, it should function as regen.

Not gonna lie, I read that the same both times. But yeah, I do mean that Arceus is nothingness (so the born of rather than from). It's stated that Arceus came to be where all (only thing existing at the time was the primordial chaos, aka nothingness definition for chaos, given other quotes saying nothing existed when Arceus was created) became one. So with some analysis, it's no stretch to say that Arceus is the fusion of the nothingness of the multiverse given consciousness. Note that this doesn't make him the concept of it though.

Yeah its essentially a "regen that's not actually regen but it is basically that regen"

The other things still apply to the Original One currently known as Arceus though. As the nothingness points still are a factor.

It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing, then shaped the world.

It is described in mythology as the Pokémon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms.

It is told in mythology that this Pokémon was born before the universe even existed.

Quoting myself from earlier:

The real cal howard said:
I'm still adamant on Arceus getting Mid Godly regen due to his egg being the fusion and culmination of the primordial chaos at the beginning of everything. And given other pokedex entries, chaos does mean nothingness

"In the beginning, there was only a churning turmoil of chaos. At the heart of chaos, where all things became one, appeared an Egg."

"It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing, then shaped the world."

Bite me Ever and Azzy ovo jk

@J-Man. Eh...not really, though you're right about the fact that I could be wrong (I'm man enough to admit the possibility). Anyway. Pretty sure the assumptions made are very minor, especially compared to others.

@Fate. I honestly can't tell if you're trolling me or trying to spare me heartache XD.

I'm saving us both from a discussion since we kinda went there already and the subject is enough that I'd chose the neutral alternative.

Tumbled can easily be a synonym for appeared in this case, and everything is just one big vortex of chaos at this point. It makes no sense for it to be used in that context. Like if I said that I just rolled up at my friend's house, does that mean I literally rolled up there? Besides, even being literal, it quite easily could still tumble after its creation. No need to think otherwise.

May be a bad analogy think of it like a whirlpool. It's a vortex of water, but from the corners to the center, it's still water emerging one fixed point. Arceus' egg is that water, but instead of everything coming from that one point, it's fusing into it.

Not as much as sliced bread ovo (There; Did it for you).

How do you know I got a car? Huh?

(Other points of mine are still fine.

"In the beginning, there was only a churning turmoil of chaos. At the heart of chaos, where all things became one, appeared an Egg."

I don't think this can be interpreted as the egg being made from chaos(nothing).

The way the sentence is structured:

"At the heart of chaos..." refers to a location.

"...,where all things became one,.." would be a parenthical element that describes the heart of chaos mentioned, interrupting the message hence why you see a comma before and after it.

The important parts of the message are "At the heart of chaos" and "appeared an Egg" "where all things became one" is only there to give you information that isn't essential to the message.

Thank you for your analysis, Aguila :). However...

Heart likely means center. Maybe source. Besides, everything is nothing currently, and therefore the same location. All things become one at said heart.

Pretty sure the fact that the Myth about Arceus and creation has the parts about how it came to be (appeared an egg) is the most essential part.

SomebodyData said:
Yeah its essentially a "regen that's not actually regen but it is basically that regen"
This is really accurate on this whole situation.

Anyways. I don't think we generally give things that came to existence out of nothingness Mid-Godly. There's a lot of characters like that.

MOst characters are of the "just came from nothingness" variety. Arceus is outright all of it fused. Which is why SD specified born of as opposed to born from

Understooood.

Well, I'm still uncertain. Maybe possibly Mid-Godly would be most appropriate.

Back