• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Gen 4 Legendary Revisions

Promestein said:
SomebodyData said:
Yeah its essentially a "regen that's not actually regen but it is basically that regen"
This is really accurate on this whole situation.

Anyways. I don't think we generally give things that came to existence out of nothingness Mid-Godly. There's a lot of characters like that.
I agree with Prom.

In the beginning, there was only a churning turmoil of chaos. At the heart of chaos, where all things became one, appeared an Egg. Having tumbled from the vortex, the Egg gave rise to the Original One. From itself, two beings the Original One did make. Time started to spin. Space began to expand. From itself again, three living things the Original One did make. The two beings wished, and from them, matter came to be. The three living things wished, and from them, spirit came to be. The world created, the Original One took to unyielding sleep...

Woot woot. I'm happy.

But to give people options (mine is the MG regen), you could instead say it's Type 8 immortality and abstract existence (w/o being a concept) via being nothingness and logically, as nothingness is always both everywhere and nowhere, wiping out Arceus, or even everything with it just recreates the circumstances of its birth and a new Arceus will pop out of the "heart of chaos" (center or source of nothingness) in literal no time.

Mid Godly sounds better and less ambitious to me, but now that I think about it, abstract existence would apply for both.

The real cal howard said:
Thank you for your analysis, Aguila :). However...
Heart likely means center. Maybe source. Besides, everything is nothing currently, and therefore the same location. All things become one at said heart.

Pretty sure the fact that the Myth about Arceus and creation has the parts about how it came to be (appeared an egg) is the most essential part.
My gripe is with the lack of causal connection between all things coming into one and the egg appearing,

The way the sentence is worded suggests that the egg appeared after all things that were at the beginning had already become one, so the egg couldn't have come from nothingness as nothingness was all there was, and we are told all of it has already become one.

I break it down like this:

"In the beginning, there was only a churning turmoil of chaos (nothingness). At the heart of chaos (nothingness), where all things became one, appeared an Egg."

We have to consider the context provided by the first sentence, all things can only be referring to the chaos (nothingness) because there was only that at the beginning.

became one is past simple, things that were at the heart of chaos have already become one.

The egg is can't be part of all things (nothingness), because "all" is non-exclusive.

The real cal howard said:
MOst characters are of the "just came from nothingness" variety. Arceus is outright all of it fused. Which is why SD specified born of as opposed to born from
Nothing in the description implies Areus's egg was made from the nothingness.

That's...false. Heck, even when I talked to Azzy originally, he said it was made from chaos, but I had to prove chaos=nothingness

It is also affirmed in the games that time and space together with all humans and pokémon are part of the same presence, the original one.

Looks fine, I guess. Currently don't care, no offense. I want to resolve the Arceus stuff first and foremost.

As for Arceus being nothingness, I still not so sure about Mid Godly regen so i'm neutral on that part for now, but I believe this can be a broken form of Non-Corporeal kinda like White Face.

Back