• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Elder Scrolls revisions

So, was browsing through some shit and found something rather interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xCk_nxGYxw&feature=youtu.be&t=181

If you take a look at this timestamp, Durnevhiir states that he knows of Alduin's defeat. Now why is this relevant you may ask? Well becease this interaction takes place in the Dawnguard DLC, before you fight the final boss Harkon.

The Dovahkiin would be Low 2-C by this point after having defeated Alduin, and if he did go on to fight Alduin after already having killed Alduin as this dialogue implies, then Harkon would scale.

Now i'm not proposing a clear cut Low 2-C rating for Harkon, but an "Atleast High 6-A, possibly Low 2-C" rating would be fair in my opinion. Anyone who scales to Harkon or above would also get a possibly Low 2-C rating if this proposal goes through.

Secondly, I have a bit of a problem with Paarthunax's rating. He's fought Alduin twice, held his own, and harmed him on both occassions. I believe he should be a clear cut Low 2-C for these reasons.

Last but not least, we come to the topic of Delphine's rating. Canonically she fights and kills a dragon alongside the Dovahkiin, yet she's only rated a High 8-C, while Dovah is rated Low 7-B for slaying dragons. I believe she should scale to Early Game Dovahkiin due to helping him slay a dragon.

Well, the problem with Durnevhiir's quote is that it only happens if you play the story AFTER finishing the Main Quest. Which is totally optional. Similar issues occur with Mages, Thieves, Bards Guilds, and Dark Brotherhood storylines. There are different dialogue depending on order of games played. The Dragonborn DLC is the exception in that it is a clear continuation of the Main Story and wraps things up nicely.

I actually agree with Paarthurnax though I'm curious to see how this year's ESO Dragon Storyline wraps up before making big changes.

Fine with Delphine.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Well, the problem with Durnevhiir's quote is that it only happens if you play the story AFTER finishing the Main Quest. Which is totally optional. Similar issues occur with Mages, Thieves, Bards Guilds, and Dark Brotherhood storylines. There are different dialogue depending on order of games played. The Dragonborn DLC is the exception in that it is a clear continuation of the Main Story and wraps things up nicely.
So it's possible to have Post Alduin dialogue in all the other side questlines, such as mages, brotherhood, etc.?

Didn't the Prima Guide stated that Paarthunax was canonically cut down when he tried to fight Alduin during the quest "Alduin's Bane"?

"Rending the World-Eater Asunder"

"Something black and jagged arcs through the blizzard. Alduin has seen your attempts at reading the Elder Scroll but arrives too late to prevent you from learning the shout that may be his downfall. Paarthunax attempts to intercept Alduin's attack but is cut down and lands heavily near you. He tells you to use the Dragonrend Shout if you can." - Skyrim Prima

Even if the quote is optional, surely that's still evidence for a "Possibly Low 2-C" rating, right? Since it is entirely possible for it to happen, just not guaranteed. The only reason I can think of as to why it wouldn't count is if there is some kind of evidence that the Dawnguard DLC takes place before the main quest rather than after.

Let me be clear, I'm still only saying that's a Possibly Low 2-C at best. And I'd imagine that there is probably some lore detail somewhere that clarifies this. But if it is entirely possible that Harkon fought Post-End Game Dovahkiin, then he should possibly scale to him.

I mean, this is like ranking everyone who fights the Vestige in the Expansions as Low 2-C. It doesn't feel right.

Hmm... I do see your point, but it "not feeling right" doesn't seem like enough justification to reject it, even though I certainly understand the sentiment.

Waria Kambang said:
Didn't the Prima Guide stated that Paarthunax was canonically cut down when he tried to fight Alduin during the quest "Alduin's Bane"?

"Rending the World-Eater Asunder"

"Something black and jagged arcs through the blizzard. Alduin has seen your attempts at reading the Elder Scroll but arrives too late to prevent you from learning the shout that may be his downfall. Paarthunax attempts to intercept Alduin's attack but is cut down and lands heavily near you. He tells you to use the Dragonrend Shout if you can." - Skyrim Prima
Yes it did

Screenshot 20190707-005204

Based on the ESO Elsweyr lore, any dragon can grow infinite in size and power as long as he consumes anything including matter to mystical energy. Kaalgrontiid, in our case, consumed the Jode's Core that entirely powers the Plane of Jode (the Moon of Khajiit Manes). Theoretically, Kaalgrontiid was competing against his own father (Alkosh/Akatosh) through stacking powers. From his consumption of the core, Kaalgrontiid could likely be Low 2-C.

It is an interesting addition to see that Alduin is not the one who can grow stronger through consumption

Back