• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Relatively huge OFF CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low 2-C Hugo upgrade (and something else)

Mostly focused towards Hugo, although wanna bring something up later.

Hugo created the room, thus creating The Switch, thus being Low 2-C with powers, simple nuff'

The thing I wanted to bring up is that, should the queen scale to this? she is capable of sustaining and manipulating the room to a degree, and due to the room containing the switch, it is possible she could control that as well, to a degree. cus of this I dont mind a 'Likely 4-C, possibly Low 2-C' rating, although its fairly understandable if peeps disagree with this specific part and prefer how the queen is rated atm.

Puppeteer Remake

remade profil here

I would explain why I made it the big number:tm:, although not only have I explained it in the AP section but like, plenty of other characters have been granted Low 1-C due to similar reason (IMSCARED and Who Killed Markiplier(?), are good examples).

15th Anniversary Stream Addition​

This is not really clear in my mind, but I like the fact that when you face Enoch in Zone 3, before fighting him he’s saying something like “the ghosts they are just souls of dead people”. What are they other than that? I think it’s good explanation. In the game, I think I had an idea about it. When I spoke with Alias Conrad Coldwood we liked the ideas at the time - it’s canon but not canon. The fact that when people die, the ghosts were going to the future, and so here there is no future anymore in this world, they were stuck, imprisoned. It was like an idea we had, but going nowhere. A tangent… It was an idea
timestamp here

This should give the spectres Time Travel, simple enough

I agree with Low 2-C Hugo and the Low 1-C Puppeteer (i actually tried to make that upgrade a long time ago but couldn't really word it well) but I do disagree with Low 2-C main cast, I don't think the Queen would scale to the Switch because while she does sustain the Room that it's in she doesn't seem to actually affect the object itself given that it works fine after she's dead.

I agree with Low 2-C Hugo and the Low 1-C Puppeteer (i actually tried to make that upgrade a long time ago but couldn't really word it well) but I do disagree with Low 2-C main cast, I don't think the Queen would scale to the Switch because while she does sustain the Room that it's in she doesn't seem to actually affect the object itself given that it works fine after she's dead.
the switch was unaffected by hugo's death as well, twas just saying that considering the queen can manipulate the room itself, its possible she can manipulate the switch as well, if she wished to do so.

Real iffy on Low 1-C Puppeteer, while for the meta-narrative it's clear that we are the Puppeteer. Low 2-C would represent a suitable R>F difference, as it would make the Puppeteer 4-D physically, no? I may be getting tangled in the web of blurring dimensional tiering and ontological.

Low 2-C Hugo seems fine. I would indeed find that justification for the Queen to be very vague, too vague for my tastes.

I don't know how to take "its canon but its non-canon" so also casting doubt on time travel for ghosts.

Real iffy on Low 1-C Puppeteer, while for the meta-narrative it's clear that we are the Puppeteer. Low 2-C would represent a suitable R>F difference, as it would make the Puppeteer 4-D physically, no? I may be getting tangled in the web of blurring dimensional tiering and ontological.
Considering the puppeteer views the low 2-C OFF as merely a game, being greater into 4-D than an infinite 4-D structure aint really possible, especially if your infinitely superior to it to the point ye view it as fiction, as in this case here. Seeing an infinite 4-D object as finite is just tier 1, it seems. As said would I probably explain it more, but that is pretty much all to it iirc.
Low 2-C Hugo seems fine. I would indeed find that justification for the Queen to be very vague, too vague for my tastes.
fair for the queen thing
I don't know how to take "its canon but its non-canon" so also casting doubt on time travel for ghosts.

Pretty sure he says that just so he can leave it to the players interpretation, he said the same thing for the elsen WoG he says right after, but directly states right after that the elsen would know what the WoG topic was about if the batter asked them in-game.

I think that's a flimsy reason for Low 1-C when afaik Low 2-C has historically served the exact same purpose.

I'm still extremely iffy on "player interpretation" being the justification for statements received post-release that are internally contradictory regarding whether they ought to be held as canon. Voting no on that'n.

I think that's a flimsy reason for Low 1-C when afaik Low 2-C has historically served the exact same purpose.
you cant be low 2-C if you view a low 2-C universe as so infinitesimal its fiction, though

If you check our Reality Equalization page, being able to view a Low 2-C world as fiction (the puppeteer sees the world as merely a game, as i've said before), can qualify for Low 1-C, as shown with these quotes here from the Reality-Fiction Transcendence page

A character that qualifies would usually then scale to one level of infinity higher than the totality of the cosmology they transcend. So for example, viewing a Low 2-C to 2-A cosmology as fiction would grant Low 1-C
  • Examples​

Acceptable Examples
    • Battler Ushiromiya and Beatrice in the Meta-World view the Human World as a simple chess game which the witch can manipulate at will, thus they would be considered for a R>F difference.
    • Ishtar perceives the story of Catherine as a fictional plot that she observes from the outside along with the player, demonstrating her superiority to it with their ability to stop and rewind it at will.
    • The Player (Imscared) sees the game of Imscared as fiction and is demonstrably superior to it. Due to the game being a full reality, viewing it as just a game would be grounds for an R>F Transcendence.

I'm still extremely iffy on "player interpretation" being the justification for statements received post-release that are internally contradictory regarding whether they ought to be held as canon. Voting no on that'n.
Are they contradictory, though?

You can be 4-D physically and view a 4-D universe as infinitesimal. I suppose that, if we are to assume a Low 2-C cosmology due to the Switch, then I'll allow it, though.

Yes, it is contradictory, what

"It's canon but it's not canon"

Yes, it is contradictory, what

"It's canon but it's not canon"
I thought you meant the WoG itself of the spectres being able to time travel part, lol

I get what you mean, but the 'its canon but it's not canon' thing alone I don't think should mean it has to be undermined imo, its still the creator explaining some unanswered questions about the work, and it doesn't exactly contradict anything in the game.

It's word of God that's extremely non-committal to the game. It offers an explanation for something not really alluded to in the game.

you don't have that kinda power, Wasp, but I was watching the thread anywho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back