• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soma Cruz (Castlevania) vs Neo Exdeath (FF5)

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
So a similar matchup was made with Dracula a little less then a year ago, as you would probably figure out that's a hax stomp.

So this time, let's lower the gun just a bit.

Speed is Equal, fight takes place in in the boss room.

Soma Cruz: 1

Exdeath:

I think Soma Cruz can beat Exdeath and kill him or seal him like he did with one such as Death (and many other creatures of this caliber during Dawn of Sorrow), while also absorbing all of its souls for power.

There's also Duplication and not sure on what Exdeath's counter for Time Stop would be.

By the end of this, Exdeath would have all of its souls taken and would be reduced to a simple Composite T----No. Bad Fate. Bad.

Soma

-Petrification (Hey, whatever kills esdeath works I guess)

-Time stop (As useful as his)

-Sealing (Works as well)

-Elemental Manip (Uhhh, as useful as his?)

-Shapeshifting (Irrelevant here)

-Transformation (Irrelevant here)

-Forcefield Creation (Works on his phys and some magical attacks I guess)

-Invisibility and Intagibility (For a brief period of time, but does give him an advantage)

-Soul Manipulation (He can injure the soul, he cant absorb it unless he kills the opponents physical body, but should also work)

-Teleportation (Ehh, counters his linear attacks I guess? Not going to matter much)

-Healing (Same on regen scale as esdeath regen)

-Immunity to time manip, poison, curses (I will get down to that below)

Esdeath

- Elemental Manip (As useful as his)

- Holy Manipulation (Holy weapons hurt soma more then do regular weapons, as shown by his fight with julius. Not a reason to win, but it helps. Also being a reincarnation of dracula probably means he just as weak or comparable to it as dracula via soul based holy stuff)

-Telekinesis (I guess keeps a distance?)

-Teleportation (Not going to matter much)

-Possession (Not combat applicable I think, plus soma can just teleporta out of the way, turn invis etc)

-Regenerationn (Slightly better then Soma's)

-Void Manipulation (Can kill soma permanantly)

-BFR (Soma doesnt have a defense of being far flung into another universe/void)

-Death Manipulation (Can kill soma permanantly)

-Gravity Manipulation (Can injure soma, but I doubt it can pull a win)

-Soul Manipulation (Can MAYBE kill soma, however there is the caveat that soma has fought Chaos before who is a diety that took out all of his souls of the enemies he has killed. It is not on his profile, but It is somewhat likely Soma is resistant to soul manipulation. I will let you be the judge, and it might be grain of salt worthy, but I will chalk that up to inconclusive)

Too put it bluntly, both have similar feats, speed is equalized so that does not matter, and have similar durability.

Regular weapons wont do much to eachother,

Fate brought up he can be sealed and that would be the end of that. By that token however, he can also be hit by grand cross and soma could be turn into a toad. (He is not resistant to transmutation nor paralysis)

This is very, very hard. I have to say to Esdeath high diff.

Esdeath just has more ways to incapicitate soma, with gravity manip, bfr, void manip and death manipulation.

Admitedly soma does have more defensive options which could be factored in, but I am unsure how long that will last)

Theoritically Soma kills about 40 of his souls, uses that to factor into his larger stamina, but it is just a matter of time before he slips up and esdeath kills him with one of his many skills.

I love Soma way more, but I think our tree man takes it.

Edit: Soma has higher ap, 20 universes or so compared to esdeath at best 2)

Back