• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk.. but they don't need to be. Concept of UES before it was named that way always existed informally on site since forever. Its only now that its been popularized for making official blogs for these things and such.

@Bobsican did you read the clip I linked in the blog at all? Because it literally has the game description say "pulls a star out of orbit". They're real stars out in space, not made up ones conjured out of thin air. Also no, the twinkle rod pulls the star down, that's Lifting Strength, and the cosmology blog having numerous instances of UES where magic scales to one's raw strength. This scales to anyone that's superior than the Twinkle Rod, which is basically everyone that's worth a damn in the series.

I mean the guidelines weren't the only reference was "oh shit I amped"
The two main guidelines (Proof that one can use the power source to amp physicals and other powers, and that direct increase in power used from the power source also results in a proportional increase in physical strength and the intensity of other abilities) were definitely a thing long before the references or the UES thread were ever brought up. And yeah, in case someone asks, AKM accepted those two main criteria in the UES thread as being mandatory (He was the one who suggested them in the first place).

Last edited:
I still side with Glass, Gilver and Klol on the Star matter, it surprises me that not expecting an actual Sun droping on screen is, ahem, a apparently lazy excuse going the opposition, but I guess it fits the other unreasonable burden of proof present on this thread

@Theglassman12 aside from the Star thing, what else needs to be debated ?

Last edited:
@Lightning_XXI everything else that Ultima's arguing, which is like 9 points. You can read both mine and Ultima's points to catch up, there's not a lot of posts we made at each other.

So, about some of the points discussed between Glass and Ultima

Like I said before, Iga's explanation is basically saying "don't bother too much with him there", but that only is directed to fans, for their fun during gameplay and only that. This, however, doesn't apply to us, nerds (lol), who are searching for logic on these choices, we will bother with it, and if Cornell is on the game, something has to be there to explain or at least we need to look at the consequences, for scaling, of this character being there (that's our job I guess), that being making Time Reaper's feat 2-C instead of Low 2-C

As Glass said, both Dracula and Death are aware of alternate timelines and stuff related to time, and for me, the quote "Dracula and Cornell never fought each other in their respective story modes" is likely the most relevant thing for this debate, everyone in the game has a fight with, well, everyone, but on free battle, we never used, to my knowledge, the other non story mode fights or quotes to our revised scaling, so Cornell and Dracula's dialogues shouldn't be taken as proof of this feat not being 2-C, this is similar to MK intros, where everyone has dialogues with everyone, even about scaling, but the said scaling only accepts Story Mode. Cornell fights Death, however, and in both intros, they never say something that shows one remembering the other, so the argument for them remembering Cornell falls since those intros are not on Judgement's proper story mode

Now, I disagree, to a point, with Dracula being able to remember Cornell thanks to some kind of Cosmic Awareness or his connection to Chaos, it could be that, but in the end, it's an assumption, and would lead to maybe "At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C" at best

I'll remain neutral for now on Death's case, both sides actually have some good points, I wouldn't be surprised that Chaos is the one who's Type 1 while Death could be Type 2 (?), considering Death comes from Chaos who pretty much fits the list for said type of concept

I still agree with Glass on the other points (Regeneration, Quantum stuff, Gravity), I don't have much to add aside from what was already showed

so, who's going to add this? i just took a look at the profiles and it seems like the same as before

also, agree to the changes if anyone asks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back