• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So...

I personally dislike making announcements out of leaving.

I get the feeling that doing this sort of thing makes others who are uncertain get that bit of courage they need to gather to go right along with the person making it. Nonetheless, this time I feel like I should, for once, make one of my own.

Going back in time to about 2 years ago...VSB was basically the place I came to when I was concerned about scaling and cosmology for whatever series I dream of making. Yes, I know how hard and time consuming this is, but I aspire to be a writer someday. I came here interested in how cosmologies and such could be used as tools for a history, rather than a problem.

I did find some of that during my time.

But I also kind of found the things I expected the least to find. A lot of friends. No, I have no one around who I'm particularly in bad therms with (and if you, who are reading this, thinks the contrary, may this be my personal apology for whatever problem we may have had in the past. It's not much, but it's the most I can do in this case.)

I had friends in... Both sides of the "matters" that happened around here. Or thought I had. I hope the ones I actually did consider that way, thought the same or somewhere close to that. If they didn't... I guess I can take solace that at least we still laughed together about a lot of things. If by chance they laughed at me, too, hey that's fine. I happened to be laughed at for a lot of things and I'm carefree enough to end up laughing together with others before I even notice it.

...But back to VSB. I came to know a *lot* of people around here to one extent or another. Some are still here, some aren't anymore. Either way, I'm glad and thankful I met them. Not just the ones I got along with. I'm glad for the crazy discussions, I'm glad for the moments I was triggered.

I'm even glad for my endless bickering with Weekly in the days past, in hindsight. *Maybe.*

VSB gave me a lot of memories I'll be treasuring, that's for sure.

I won't make a list out of people I met and I won't say I'm leaving because of whatever it is that happened, is happening or will happen.

I hope I can remember everyone I met here for the good things they had to show, rather than the bad. I know I had bad things to show. My opinions aren't truth, nor will I ever think of them as such. I'm not perfect (sadly! ovo), just human. I have mistakes of my own so what I can do is my best to try and learn with them. Therefore, I believe others can and will do the same.

Whatever reasons you may have had, or whatever was the way we talked to each other...

For you, who are reading this, I have nothing to say but

"Thank you. It was a lot of fun!"

Now if you think otherwise, consider this announcement as my parting gift to you, who would consider me an "enemy"! I do not judge you. I thank you nonetheless and wish you the best, the same way I do to all of my friends!

---

TL:DR

So let me part by saying this:

"Fate can and will bring people together, but only bonds will keep them that way."

My bond with you all is much more important to me than any sense of negativity. So that bond is what I'm keeping as I leave.

Godspeed, to all.

On to new heights

Yes, Gar, it's my turn now. *giggles*

This time I'm making it an announcement as I'll be asking for a relatively long ban which I'll really need to be kept this time around and not sure I'll be back after it ends.
Welpso

The real cal howard said:
Not again, buddy. I was afraid this one would be yours. I was hoping this time you'd be here for a long while. As usual, you're one of my closest friends on here, hopefully we will stay in touch, and I'll miss you. See you in a few months.
Caaaaaaal! I'll miss you too, definitely. Take care and make sure you survive in the wilderness of the VS threads. As I said before, you and me started as enemies but you're now definitely one of my bests.

Actually I'll ask for a year this time, but somehow I get the feeling someone will sneak a removal of that ban while I'm not looking partway through... Kind of like what happened this time.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It's funny how you are that person who I didn't generally get into a problem or argument with in... A single thread as far as I can remember (two at most out of a lot, actually). I'll miss you too, Matt, you introduced me to a lot of interesting verses. And TTS. ovo

As for leaving, I usually leave quiet since I know it will be for a short time.

Still, me coming back twice was due to a strange phenomenon where I came back to look around and... Err, the requested block was lifted. I actually asked Ryu if he knew since I had requested to him alone, but he didn't. So at this point I usually go to my message wall, see people still talking to me months after I left and generally feel like it would be inconsiderate not to answer.

lol Go figure me.

FateAlbane said:
@DMUA I've seen you in a lot of threads. No more words need to be spoken, tbh. ^_^
Yeah, I guess we never talked much since the verses we like apparently don't overlap, or something to that degree. Well, I hope I'll get to know you better some day, maybe on the FC/OC Discord if you ever want to talk about your verses or something.

I know I could use a clue on how to write good, in the sense of... words and stuff.

@DMUA No worries, it's all about practicing, and I'm on that route myself. But yes, if an opportunity happened to come along in the future I'd be happy to join the FC/OC discord to talk with others there again. Xmark and Siamese were good friends I had there for example, even though they don't come around here often. ^_^

@Huesito Same to you! Best wishes!

I'm writting a long blog post to the best of my rushing abilities in regards to dimensions and a certain franchise right now, but I promise I'll come here to answer properly as soon as I do.

Lotti.Baskerville.full.648313

@Cal First I have to make sure I won't have to live with the fear of coming back someday to find out Dimensions in Wild Arms are suddenly being considered parallel Universes. ovovo

FateAlbane+ The last time we talked the thing didn't go very good.

For a period, I was kinda of jealous and annoyed of how you get along so well with anyone here, and I felt that at some point I was going to retaliate against you, thankfully I didn't (And hope that I will never).

It still sad for me that you leave, not because I liked you, but the people I like do, and I understand them. I would feel the same if a old friend of mine leave me, and those guys are more friends of you than of me tbh.

Good luck.

@Cal Generally speaking, I *might* return to Discord in the future, though not frequently, as that placeis usually easier for me to manage my time with than the wiki (see, there I don't need to make elaborate huge replies at times. ovo) As for Magus... I guess so. He has a bunch of undead people at his disposal, I'm surprised he didn't have that yet.

@Antvasima Thank you! I wish the same for the wiki.

@Walking Strawman I also wish the best for you in the days to come. ^_^

@NeoZex In b4 in a distant future I may return to find out you and Cal finally got the Arceus and Creation trio to be 2-A. ovo

Back