• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So why is Goku "Low 2-C" instead of High 3-A for his best tiers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably downgrade the Sisters. The feat is pretty clear; a joint feat should be split in half. So a feat of creating 2 timelines split across 2 people is 1 person per timeline; Low 2-C.

Also,

DTG499 said:
Ionliosite said:
DTG499 said:
That doesn't make any sense. Goku and Jiren shaking something that is eternal would be a completely redundant thing to say. When the statements were made they were refering to the scale of Goku and Jiren's power, saying that their power is infinte is sensible and very consistant with the power level shown from the series so far.
Dude, get it: the World of Void being infinite in size is a mistranslation that holds no value.
I want to see the official translation because there are a lot of words that are considered synonymous in the Japanese language that aren't in English.
The best I can find is a rant on reddit (kek) so take this with a grain of salt.

"´╝êÒâôÒâ½Òé╣)µÖéÚûôÒééþ®║ÚûôÒééÒü¬Òüä µ░©ÚüáÒü¿ÞÖÜþäíÒüáÒüæÒü½µ║ÇÒüíÒüƒõ©ûþòîÒüáÒÇé"

The "Infinite" or "Eternity" part of this is µ░©Úüá.

The thing is, while the main usage of this word is "Eternity" as people claim, one of the other translation is "Perpetuity"; "The state or quality of lasting forever". "Infinite Perpetuity" Sounds like Infinity to me if we take that route.

Everything I've read so far says that infinity and eternity are synonymous in Japanese, so yeah it's a High 3-A feat.

DTG499 said:
I want to see the official translation because there are a lot of words that are considered synonymous in the Japanese language that aren't in English.
Official translations say infinite.

Which makes more sense given that Eternity is not a measurement of distance. Like honestly even though the more common term for the phrase used refers to Eternity, at least in English, it grammatically makes no sense.

Beerus sensed Jiren and he was crapping himself.

This was already debunked and completely ignores context. He was afraid for Goku (if he lost his prime player in the ToP, his eventual erasure would be close to inevitable).

World of Void being infinite in size is a mistranslation that holds no value.

The size of the WoV is irrelevant.

Infinity and Eternity at synonymous in Japanese

They are synonymous in English too. Doesn't really make a difference here.

Can we just skip the circle-jerk altogether and just close this? It's a waste of time discussing the same old points for no reason.

DTG499 said:
The official translation is a mistranslation, there's a reason people think the WoV is infinite when it isn't.

Ionliosite said:
DTG499 said:
The official translation is a mistranslation, there's a reason people think the WoV is infinite when it isn't.
The official translation was considere fine by multiple trusted source when it come to translation while the 'muh mistranslation' is litteraly just a random reddit rant with no credential.

I know I just wanted to quote it because it's a legitimate question. There's no reason for this to be open.

I asked Sera to re-open the thread because I believe if at least two people are still willing and wanting to discuss the general or the Q&A that it should stay open. I also believe mods shouldn't veto close a thread, apart from content revision of course. That's just my little personal critique on the website's system.

DTG499 said:
I asked Sera to re-open the thread because I believe if at least two people are still willing and wanting to discuss the general or the Q&A that it should stay open. I also believe mods shouldn't veto close a thread, apart from content revision of course. That's just my little personal critique on the website's system.
That's actually fair......So if we are doing a little Q&A my head is still wrapped around the void not being infinite or everlasting as it's been stated. The mistranslation of it being Eternal than Infinite actually makes no sense because Eternity is a measurement of Time being Infinite or with no end, but being that this is a realm absent of the concept of Time, how does this make more sense than of it being infinite nothingness?

AwkguyDB said:
DTG499 said:
That's actually fair......So if we are doing a little Q&A my head is still wrapped around the void not being infinite or everlasting as it's been stated. The mistranslation of it being Eternal than Infinite actually makes no sense because Eternity is a measurement of Time being Infinite or with no end, but being that this is a realm absent of the concept of Time, how does this make more sense than of it being infinite nothingness?
It doesn't so i have no idea why people take the 'mistranslation' claim seriously because i was unable to trace it back to anyone actualy credible.

Jeez nowadays anyone can say something was debunked and or mistranslated against Dragon Ball and it will be taken to face value over actual evidence and statements. Anyways say Staff accepts the Void being Infinite, does it change much?

AwkguyDB said:
Jeez nowadays anyone can say something was debunked and or mistranslated against Dragon Ball and it will be taken to face value over actual evidence and statements. Anyways say Staff accepts the Void being Infinite, does it change much?
It just make the case for 2-C slightly stronger and give some ammo to give 'immaterial interaction' or whatever it is called to Goku and Jiren for shaking infinit nothingness, it also make Toppo's warping more impressive.

So not much overall.

@Lonliosite What's the difference? Goku cushioned punches that were about to "annihilate" the macrocosm of universe 7 according to the narrator, Whis and the Elder Kai. Three different sources in multiple episodes. A universe which is vastly larger than a regular universe considering it pockets at least 2 other universe sized structures within it. God Goku alone is considered universal to universal+ let alone his stronger forms like blue, Omen and UI.

You also have Goku destroying a literal timespace that's the equivalent of U7 that Hit creates everytime he uses timeskip, as well as Infinite Zamasu becoming a timeline and Goku, Jiren and the like currently scaling above him with ease going by almost every source ever. There are more things proving Goku's universal+ than there are things that disprove it.

Dragomer said:
AwkguyDB said:
It just make the case for 2-C slightly stronger and give some ammo to give 'immaterial interaction' or whatever it is called to Goku and Jiren for shaking infinit nothingness, it also make Toppo's warping more impressive.
So not much overall.
Lol The void is infinite according to Toppo's profile

It's part of his Low 2-C justification

"......When attacking, his energy shattered the the ToP stage and warped the entirety of the World of Void, a dimension of infinite size, while also undoing the visual effects created by the Grand Priest,........"

Oof

Do people still think Goku is 3A well I have seen people saying Dyspo is only FTL because he's move was called Super Maximum Light Speed Mode

Shubham Sonsurkar said:
Do people still think Goku is 3A well I have seen people saying Dyspo is only FTL because he's move was called Super Maximum Light Speed Mode
It wasn't even the real name, it was a mistranslation, the actual name was 'maximum suped speed mode' or something like that; no mention of light.

Dragomer said:
Shubham Sonsurkar said:
It wasn't even the real name, it was a mistranslation, the actual name was 'maximum suped speed mode' or something like that; no mention of light.
exactly

Dragomer said:
We could put Goku at wall level and still have guys asking why we put him so high.
why does DB get so much heat? Our fanbase isn't even that cancerous. Sure you'll get extra-dimensional Infinite Zamasu every now and then but that's extremely rare and not even that far-fetched from a casual perspective.

Dragon Ball's pretty special in the vs debating community, not because it's OP or anything but rather whenever a feat occurs in the series people go absolutely crazy

AwkguyDB said:
Dragomer said:
We could put Goku at wall level and still have guys asking why we put him so high.
why does DB get so much heat? Our fanbase isn't even that cancerous. Sure you'll get extra-dimensional Infinite Zamasu every now and then but that's extremely rare and not even that far-fetched from a casual perspective.
Because people actualy watch it and thus feel they can overanalyze everything rather than just go with what the show actualy tell them and they can't take stuff out of context as much while a lot of other stuff like novels or comic book isn't actualy read by most people talking about it.

Just talk to any 'muh true darkseid' guy and you'll realise they never read the story he was actualy in and never appeared again.

So you have a mainstream franchise that reached universe level and beyond while completly ignoring all those obscure standard that were extrapolated from 2 old light novel and a missunderstanding of dimensional theories and it just cause those people's brain to bug and crash.

You can also say that there's some animosity towards DB specifically and so there are quite a few individuals who downplay it as much as they can since they dislike the series

DTG499 said:
No. QnA thread is for that, QnA. If the question has been answered, the thread has served its purpose and should be closed. If you want to discuss something at length, there are other places to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back