• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

so..who is the strongest tier 0 currently

That might be a blessing, considering the massive shit storm known as EU Cthulhu Mythos scaling
salvation.jpg

I think that The Fireman, The supreme archetype and The Amarath are in the same level, but I don't undestand why Fireman become a tier 0.
(Fun Fact: Except for The creator and Maria from Umineko, all tier 0 are fictional characters that they were created by USA people.
This website was created mainly by people from the US I presume. So it's going to be biased towards mainly English speaking/Western fiction as those are the media which we are most exposed towards.

The strongest fictional verse is one we haven't heard about yet most likely.

It doesn't really fit to the Old Ones, that statement is way more fitting for the Outer Being, because they're consistently stated to be the ruler of Time and Space and such.

It doesn't really fit to the Old Ones, that statement is way more fitting for the Outer Being, because they're consistently stated to be the ruler of Time and Space and such.
It's used to describe the Great Old Ones. This isn't a matter of being fitting or not, that's literally how they're described in canon.

The Great Old Ones can refer to a lot of things, it's even stated in the Cthulhu Wiki
1. You do know that wiki is incredibly wrong at times right? I have no idea why you treat it as an infallible authority.

2. It can refer to the Elder Things or actual Great Old Ones. Never in any story has it referred to the Outer Gods.

1. It makes more sense if it actually refers to the Outer Being, due to them being stated ruler of time and space which is way more consistent than suddenly saying the Great Old Ones is undimensioned.

2.Lovecraft has a unique style y'know.

1. I have no idea what you even mean here when that's what the statement says. You can't just decide it doesn't say that to fit whatever view you have of the characters.

2. Which isn't an excuse for headcanon.

does anyone know exactly why mathiverse was removed ? some say it was removed because it was a place, but even if it was a place, it's not enough to remove that profile, so I wonder why it was removed

does anyone know exactly why mathiverse was removed ? some say it was removed because it was a place, but even if it was a place, it's not enough to remove that profile, so I wonder why it was removed
it was deleted because it was a "fan fiction" because it was in was in another verse.. but that verse is alredy in the public domain and that is the same thing as doing a history that is inside lovecraft

1. I have no idea what you even mean here when that's what the statement says. You can't just decide it doesn't say that to fit whatever view you have of the characters.

2. Which isn't an excuse for headcanon.
1. It's no headcanon, The Outer Being are stated to be beyond all time and space (Similar to Undimensioned)

2. That's not a headcanon, of course im gonna believe that they're reffering to the Outer Being rather than the Great Old Ones, Outer Being's statement are more fitting for "Undimensioned"

1. It's no headcanon, The Outer Being are stated to be beyond all time and space (Similar to Undimensioned)

2. That's not a headcanon, of course im gonna believe that they're reffering to the Outer Being rather than the Great Old Ones, Outer Being's statement are more fitting for "Undimensioned"
1. We know the Outer Gods are beyond space and time. So is everyone in the Mythos and their grandma. That doesn't change anything I said.

2. You do realize that there's more beings that aren't bound to dimensions outside the Outer Gods right? Even then, the statement refers to the Great Old Ones. You choosing to apply it to the Outer Gods when nothing says so is headcanon. Like, what you feel fits takes a backseat to what's said.

Honestly, I feel like you're willingly being obtuse about this. Can you actually give me a single instance in canon where the Outer Gods are called Great Old Ones? Just one?

1. Uh uh, that's the point, Outer Being are beyond time and space therefore they're "Undimensioned"

2. Yeah.

Well, can you give me a statement of the Great Old Ones being Undimensioned other than that? Cuz i don't remember very well.

1. Uh uh, that's the point, Outer Being are beyond time and space therefore they're "Undimensioned"

2. Yeah.

Well, can you give me a statement of the Great Old Ones being Undimensioned other than that? Cuz i don't remember very well.
“Nor is it to be thought,” ran the text as Armitage mentally translated it, “that man is either the oldest or the last of earth’s masters, or that the common bulk of life and substance walks alone. The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones shall be. Not in the spaces we know, but between them, They walk serene and primal, undimensioned and to us unseen. Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. He knows where They have trod earth’s fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread. By Their smell can men sometimes know Them near, but of Their semblance can no man know, saving only in the features of those They have begotten on mankind; and of those are there many sorts, differing in likeness from man’s truest eidolon to that shape without sight or substance which is Them. They walk unseen and foul in lonely places where the Words have been spoken and the Rites howled through at their Seasons. The wind gibbers with Their voices, and the earth mutters with Their consciousness. They bend the forest and crush the city, yet may not forest or city behold the hand that smites. Kadath in the cold waste hath known Them, and what man knows Kadath? The ice desert of the South and the sunken isles of Ocean hold stones whereon Their seal is engraven, but who hath seen the deep frozen city or the sealed tower long garlanded with seaweed and barnacles? Great Cthulhu is Their cousin, yet can he spy Them only dimly. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! As a foulness shall ye know Them. Their hand is at your throats, yet ye see Them not; and Their habitation is even one with your guarded threshold. Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once; They shall soon rule where man rules now. After summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again.”
If you still think this is talking about the Outer Gods then I have no words.

Don't tell me it's that "staff are held on a pedestal!" stuff is it?

Back