• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So what happen with dodge Attack skill in video games?

I've been playing several games with this mechanic, I've wondered, can we use this for speed scaling.

No, I don't mean the player moving away from the attack, but a skill literally called "Dodge: Gives you a chance to dodge X attacks"

an example: X has a shotgun and shoots at Y, but thanks to Y having the dodge ability, Y dodge the attack

This sounds like a pretty case by case, and it's often hard to reliably implement game mechanics into feats/scaling. So this is based on like some type of RNG ability called dodge for turn based games? Or pressing a dodge button to evade an attack? The important thing is whether or not the actual "Evasion feat" happens on screen or if there is evidence that the shotgun was fired before the character moved out of the way to dodge it.

This sounds like a pretty case by case, and it's often hard to reliably implement game mechanics into feats/scaling. So this is based on like some type of RNG ability called dodge for turn based games? Or pressing a dodge button to evade an attack? The important thing is whether or not the actual "Evasion feat" happens on screen or if there is evidence that the shotgun was fired before the character moved out of the way to dodge it.

Well, I guess you're right about the part that it's Case by Case but in this game, it's not a button or something like that, it's an own ability that increases every time you upgrade the character's boots, within the gameplay the weapon looks connect the Player but the "DODGE" message appears and the character is unharmed.

no, it's not a resistance skill, since he already has a separate one skill for the rest of the armor

Dodge is an ability that every character inherently have (although few characters may choose to not dodge, or either are too big to bother dodging), unless their physiology disable them to dodge (such being immobile in Speed). So is not something special.

Honestly it's nothing special enough to add as its own ability unless something like instinct-based movement takes place, though for calculating speed, it being special is ultimately irrelevant so long as the dodge is made after the projectile is shot.

Honestly it's nothing special enough to add as its own ability unless something like instinct-based movement takes place, though for calculating speed, it being special is ultimately irrelevant so long as the dodge is made after the projectile is shot.
well, in the game, the attack hit you but like i said it says "dodge" the attack and you take no damage

again, is not blocked skill or something like that

Back