• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SMITE Tier Revision: pt 2

Well Rat and Merc have traveled Yggdrasil, as has Persephone via her plants, Zeus, Olorun, and Hera. Olorun is also described has having decendes from distant stars, even more distant than any Nu Wa is connected to. Several of the gods like Chiron and Artio are living constellations. Hou Yi was able to shoot suns out of the sky. And of course all the Asgardians are able to traverse Yggdrasil itself as well as other methods of fast travel like the bifrost as shown by Hiemdallr and Odin. There's probably more but thats all I got off the top of my head.

Well Rat and Merc have traveled Yggdrasil, as has Persephone via her plants, Zeus, Olorun, and Hera. Olorun is also described has having decendes from distant stars, even more distant than any Nu Wa is connected to. Several of the gods like Chiron and Artio are living constellations. Hou Yi was able to shoot suns out of the sky. And of course all the Asgardians are able to traverse Yggdrasil itself as well as other methods of fast travel like the bifrost as shown by Hiemdallr and Odin. There's probably more but thats all I got off the top of my head.
Ok but wasn’t the stars that hou yi shoot just giant birds or something?

The main reason why his stats are so low atm was he was hard to really rank among the various gods cause the game doesnt outright claim him as one (though irl he is), and he hadnt had a story relevant appearance to give him any relevant scaling until Zeus name dropped him. Sadly though, his one confirmed battle in the story was against CTHULU which was a total curb stomp that left Cabrakan burried under a mountain range for the second time in his life lol.

So the smite story has been rebooted with the old timeline being vaguely remembered with foggy recollection.

We have a solid showing from Xing Tian, fighting Zhong Kui, Sun Wukong, and Mulan 3 on 1 and being the obvious winner, though they managed to hold their own for a while. Mulan even managed to survive a clash with her sword against his axe, though it did obviously make her body ache to do so. I'd expect no less someone the jolly green giant who also almost beat Amaterasu in one of the earliest story arcs, and was only saved by Susano'o. Xing Tian is definitely one of the more formidable warriors given these two impressive showings.

Well first trailer for Maui and we already have a feat that gives him his famous lassoing the sun feat. And unlike the disney version which just tells us he did it, he actually does it here.

So the new chapter is out. We get a fight with Vulcan and Pele, and Maui is set up to fight Discordia, or at the very least give her a taste of her own medicine.

Idk, Smite wrote that in Ratatoskr's lore ages ago, and later they do touch on it being MASSIVE and we even see Heimdallr and Persephone clashing in one of the other Norse realms scattered about the tree, so we do know it's freaking huge. Its described as the "spindle" upon which the "wheel of creation spins."

I mean yeah I’m sure it’s huge but idk what the source is for “galaxy spanning” tree; especially important since that’s the main reason for MFTL+ everyone

Its in Ratatoskr's Bio.

Here is the first paragraph:
"Yggdrasil, the world tree; upon those mighty boughs are held the nine realms of existence, and nests the wise Eagle. Far below, across the galaxy spanning trunk, and beneath the roots, coils Nidhogg, the deplorable serpent. In eternal, bloodless conflict are the Eagle and Serpent locked. Perhaps these two enemies would have forgotten each other long ago were they not able to trade jabs and threats across that impossible distance. Yet, there is one that takes great pleasure enabling this feud, one whose mischievous talent for insults and barbs knows no bounds. And he's just a squirrel."

Going off this the trunk alone is the size of a galaxy, so the branches and roots added on may make it bigger at least compared to the average size of a galaxy.

Yeah Smite's not exactly the most consistent with its plot. Which is something I hope the rebooted timeline fixes. Nor does it flesh out its cosmology that well. I like smite's setting, gameplay, and characters more, but the ability to flesh out it's world and lore is something I appreciate more with League what with it having tons and tons of stories, detailed maps, comics, videos, and so on all focused on the lore. Smite has its on going story, but beyond brief mentions here or there, like the galaxy spanning bit, the cosmology is sadly hand wavey and up in the air at times.

Wait reboot

how is that working with the profiles?
So Smite's world works in cycles. Gods rise up, they become too powerful, Jormungandr kills them all wiping the skate clean, mortals eventually make new gods subconsciously, the cycle begins anew. However after recent events, reality itself was soo damaged, Shiva destroyed the universe and reset the pantheons into a similar but new state with all the damages to reality repaired, and the hope that they can do better in this new reality. Very few gods remember the old universe, but everyone is basically the same as who they were, but with no memory of prior events. For example: Zeus is still the same Zeus, but has no memories of his murder at the hands of Loki, his time in the underworld, nor the wars with Cthulhu and Tiamat. Whatever the new history is, to him its always been that way.

So with the first god being Surtr, and the last one POTENTIALLY being Saturn/Chronus, we are getting some heavy hitters in terms of power scaling this season. I hope they can tie ragnarok plot of early smite into this, cause remember, with only a portion of that power, Hades could merge the underworld with the land of the living, and with its entirety, Jormungandr could shrug off blows from Excalibur which could slice him open just fine in his base form. This could give us some preliminary idea of just how jacked Surtr could be.

"Not that he blamed them. Gods could not perish, as mortals did. Instead, they were sent to the underworld for a time, until the prayers of their worshippers drew them back to the world of the living once more. Unless something prevented them from leaving, of course"

I called it! I called this with how Smite immortality worked ages ago, cause it made sense with the evidence they provided in the lore. So now they are outright saying it, gods cant fully die as long as someone still worships them or something keeps them from coming back.

Been a minute since I had anything exciting to bring to the table since recent chapters have been tame outside of the hype surrounding Surtr. I mean do we really need to talk about Anubis being a plot jobber once again? XD

Back