• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SMITE Tier Revision: pt 2

The last thread hit 500 messages so I feel it's fit make this.

As for the forum situation, I was confirmed ages ago and get emails from fandom. So I'm all set for the move yeah?

So there is new evidence that it's pretty screaming the next god is Cthulhu. The story and datamining are leaning HEAVY on it. All we need is a name drop now.

Also seems the current situation with Yggdrasil is effecting Olorun. His gaze across the heavens now restricted to what stars see. His "infinite" power now "incalculable". He even says to Mulan that stopping time now requires more effort, though he is still strong enough to snuff out a bolt from Zeus that was meant for Persephone.

So Cthulhu is apparently the size of mount Olympus itself. Kuzenbo IS considered a god, and the tanuki Danzaburo looks AMAZING just from the trailer.

To be fair, the main revisions were made. Besides adding in characters, unless something major comes that shakes things up, a third thread can be made later on

Well, from his trials, his voice lines and those referencing him in the story, Hercules, now a god, had bested Cerberus and Hades on their own turf, did his famous trials like slaying the hydra, and given he was on god tier powers as a DEMIGOD and is now a FULL god, Hercules is likely among the best of his pantheon, at least in terms of brute physical power, which given his passive, amps the nore damage he takes. Sadly beyond some comparisons to other gods, likely scaling from his god status, the two fights we know he's had from lore and his voice lines, and what he can do in game, Hercules has had little of any further feats as any apperances in the story have been brief. So atm he's basically a big beefy dude whos strong to asinine degrees and has solid healing, a club, and a smite god's crazy immortality.

Well, from his trials, his voice lines and those referencing him in the story, Hercules, now a god, had bested Cerberus and Hades on their own turf, did his famous trials like slaying the hydra, and given he was on god tier powers as a DEMIGOD and is now a FULL god, Hercules is likely among the best of his pantheon, at least in terms of brute physical power, which given his passive, amps the nore damage he takes. Sadly beyond some comparisons to other gods, likely scaling from his god status, the two fights we know he's had from lore and his voice lines, and what he can do in game, Hercules has had little of any further feats as any apperances in the story have been brief. So atm he's basically a big beefy dude whos strong to asinine degrees and has solid healing, a club, and a smite god's crazy immortality.
There’s no mention of him holding up the world after atlas? And when did he beat hades?

There’s no mention of him holding up the world after atlas? And when did he beat hades?
Well Atlas is coming out at the end of this current smite season so we shall see if that lore mentions him, it likely will. And in one of his voice lines, he references having bested hades before. "You should have learned by now, Hades!" In mythology Hercules wrestled Hades over a mortal soul and won. Its again referenced in the Underworld oddesy

(Hades laughed softly. Hands behind his back, he went to the edge of the escarpment and looked out over the River Styx. "They invade my realm. Once, no one would have dared to attempt such a thing."

"Except for Hercules," Cerberus said helpfully.

Hades sighed. "Except for Hercules. But Olorun is not so foolish as Hercules. And he has not come alone.")

Thus Hades and Hercules definitely have some past history.

Well Atlas is coming out at the end of this current smite season so we shall see if that lore mentions him, it likely will. And in one of his voice lines, he references having bested hades before. "You should have learned by now, Hades!" In mythology Hercules wrestled Hades over a mortal soul and won. Its again referenced in the Underworld oddesy

(Hades laughed softly. Hands behind his back, he went to the edge of the escarpment and looked out over the River Styx. "They invade my realm. Once, no one would have dared to attempt such a thing."

"Except for Hercules," Cerberus said helpfully.

Hades sighed. "Except for Hercules. But Olorun is not so foolish as Hercules. And he has not come alone.")

Thus Hades and Hercules definitely have some past history.
Ok well how powerful are hades and Cerberus exactly?

Hades specifically should scale to his brother Zeus, albiet slightly weaker. Zeus can scale to universe busters like Olorun in his current state, although Olorun in the prime of his power is far stronger, and even Neith who can weave the universe into existence, whom was displayed as being on par with Athena when they tried taking on Loki who was amped with Zeus' lightning bolt. Hades, being Zeus' brother, thus should be on a similar level albeit lesser given Zeus is...was...KING for a reason.

As for Cerberus, we see a clear display of him taking on Olorun and Olorun struggling, even his acidic venom hurting the current god king. Although Olorun as stated above was not at the peak of his power and was being drained by the fact he was fighting in the underworld. So I'd probably put Cerberus as bellow Hades, Hades IS the underworld boss afterall, while Cerberus is the guard dog.

So both are likely in the universal ranges, just slightly weaker than their direct contemporaries like Zeus.

In mythology Hercules wrestled Hades over a mortal soul and won.
I think it was Thanatos in that instance not Hades. There're some versions of story where Herc borrowig Creburus which didn't went the well for Hades.
He kept other people from dying, but not himself. OMGs, Hercule is Darth Plagues the Wise!!!
Hades specifically should scale to his brother Zeus, albiet slightly weaker.
Didn't Bellona beat Ragnarok empowered Hades? Would that mean she's even in power with Zeus(both teamed up with Gilgamesh to fight Tiamat)?

The voice line was directed at hades and that story is one of those ones with different versions depending on the original teller.

Hades was amped BUT he only absorbed a small portion of it unlike Jormungandr who had all of Ragnarok shoved into him. So the boosts arent exactly the same.

To be fair, with how story implemented the gods are now, and Atlas being a BIG DEAL both figuratively and literally, I'm not that shocked.

To be fair, with how story implemented the gods are now, and Atlas being a BIG DEAL both figuratively and literally, I'm not that shocked.
Not really, I mean like him and the rest of the titans should be fodder to the Olympians(especially Zeus) but this we’ll probably give the verse more concrete scaling and feats besides Amaterasu feat

Its HAD solid scaling for ages now XD and what I mean about him being a big deal is him LITERALLY CARRYING THE COSMOS ON HIS BACK. The moment that ****** decides to let go, which is my theory that Merlin and Tiamat are gonna have him do just that, ***** gonna go insane.

Its HAD solid scaling for ages now XD and what I mean about him being a big deal is him LITERALLY CARRYING THE COSMOS ON HIS BACK. The moment that ****** decides to let go, which is my theory that Merlin and Tiamat are gonna have him do just that, ***** gonna go insane.
By soild scaling I mean having more then just a handful a feats to put characters at universal lvl. We’ll have to wait and see

I mean if a character beats someone who has universal scaling, that makes them universal XD that said, not all of them are on the same level. Tiamat, Jormungandr, Cthulu, and Olorun are much stronger than the rest of the cast so far.

Dude literally has not shown up on the actual story, which is criminal. MY best guess is he is up among the strongest, but they just haven't added him in the story for some reason.

Well...the smite universe we knew is coming to an end. Atlas, who carried the whole of the cosmos on his back, has let his burden go. The universe is ending, Olorun is dying, and Shiva will come to end the current universe so that the world may be remade anew, free of the damages done to it by the gods and the conflicts surrounding them.

Well...the smite universe we knew is coming to an end. Atlas, who carried the whole of the cosmos on his back, has let his burden go. The universe is ending, Olorun is dying, and Shiva will come to end the current universe so that the world may be remade anew, free of the damages done to it by the gods and the conflicts surrounding them.
We’re are you getting this info from? Also why not just call up Hercules to hold up the cosmos or something

1: the wiki and reddit compiles the paragraphs of lore that is added to the game every patch.

2: The world NEEDS to end. The damage done during the cycle has been so great, that if nothing is done, there can be no next cycle. No new world. To bring in the new, the old and damaged has to go. By stopping Jormungandr from doing his job, by unleashing ragnarok, by harming the world tree, and freeing Cthulu, this cycle has been damaged to its breaking point.

So....Shiva, The Jade Emperor, Maui, A knight of the round table (hard to determine which one it is), and two other gods are on the list, and Shiva just on his trailer and the current little lore we have SEEMS to be the new top dog even above Tiamat, or at the very least she has high respect for him as an equal? Hard to determine at this point. Man, poor Olorun got screwed over lol.

Well Jormungandr said Cthulu slipped in through cracks in reality, formed during a prior cycle. However, the damaged universe is currently being destroyed so it can be remade without all the damage that had been done to it. So story wise, we are gonna need something to crack that veil open again for another of Cthulu's kind to slip in.

Well Jormungandr said Cthulu slipped in through cracks in reality, formed during a prior cycle. However, the damaged universe is currently being destroyed so it can be remade without all the damage that had been done to it. So story wise, we are gonna need something to crack that veil open again for another of Cthulu's kind to slip in.
Ok and also what do you think of this ?

“ Mercurial. A word that evokes volatility, quickness, and cunning. But to compare anything to the speed and wit of the Messenger God Mercury would be to compare a hot day to the searing forge of Vulcan, or a blooming rose to the glory of Venus. It is but a pale comparison. Mercury can leap the space between lightning and thunder, outfox the fox king, and reach tomorrow before the sun.”
You think it’s just a hyperbole or legit?

While smite has a good number of mftl feats and scaling, there isnt really much to go on for infinite speed. Yeah Olorun can move in stopped time, but thats from his TIME powers. And Chronos and Kali are both described as the BEING time, but as neither have shown in the story, its hard to determine how literal that translates. So in the case of Mercury....I'd probably say hyperbole despite how cool such a stunt would be if taken literally. There just isnt enough evidence really for that speed kind of tiering. And while he is shown to be able to run to places like the jade palace, which in mythology is its own realm, its hard to say if that's how it works in smite, at least until we see the jade emperor. He CAN run to asgard, which is at the top yggdrasil, which itself is described as galaxy spanning in Ratatoskr's lore.

While smite has a good number of mftl feats and scaling, there isnt really much to go on for infinite speed. Yeah Olorun can move in stopped time, but thats from his TIME powers. And Chronos and Kali are both described as the BEING time, but as neither have shown in the story, its hard to determine how literal that translates. So in the case of Mercury....I'd probably say hyperbole despite how cool such a stunt would be if taken literally. There just isnt enough evidence really for that speed kind of tiering. And while he is shown to be able to run to places like the jade palace, which in mythology is its own realm, its hard to say if that's how it works in smite, at least until we see the jade emperor. He CAN run to asgard, which is at the top yggdrasil, which itself is described as galaxy spanning in Ratatoskr's lore.
Well that sucks, also what other mftl feats dose smite have other than ratatoskr?

Back